So I got a crack on my Z10. Upper right corner and mostly over the camera. It blocks a lot of the functionality of the phone. I have insurance on the phone. So I call in and start a claim. They do not have Z10's at all anymore. The phones they offered me for replacement are Nexus5, and the Q10 (not a keyboard fan anymore) and one more cheep droid phone. Now I like T-mobile and not really wanting to switch carriers. So I will be changing back to an android. I will miss my Z10....

So long and thanks for all the fish!

P.S. I still have to pay the deductible of $150.00
    MikeV73 and Nicholas Kathrein like this.
    06-11-14 10:37 AM
    Weird. I was at Fry's this past weekend (remind me to never go there again) and they had T-Mobile Z10s and Q10s on display for sale. I was surprised. I am assuming I will need to research frequencies and buy my next BB phone from BB or somewhere.
    06-11-14 10:49 AM
    So I got a crack on my Z10. Upper right corner and mostly over the camera. It blocks a lot of the functionality of the phone. I have insurance on the phone. So I call in and start a claim. They do not have Z10's at all anymore. The phones they offered me for replacement are Nexus5, and the Q10 (not a keyboard fan anymore) and one more cheep droid phone. Now I like T-mobile and not really wanting to switch carriers. So I will be changing back to an android. I will miss my Z10....

Might I suggest looking on eBay for a Z10 STL100-3 on sale?

Example that I've seen on some recent threads here:

New Blackberry Z10 Unlocked Black 4G 16GB 8MP GSM 629018076137 | eBay

It's just a little more than the deductible and it'll be unlocked.
    06-11-14 10:50 AM

You could buy a new Z10 for $199..... but maybe not a CDMA version.
    06-11-14 10:50 AM
    You know I can fix your phone for less than a 100$.

Posted via z30 STA100-5 the only high end business device on the market
    06-11-14 11:04 AM
    Just spent a little money out of pocket and get an off contact Z10.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-14 11:22 AM
    Get the Nexus 5, sell and buy for your Z10 at Swappa/Ebay. You'll make about $75 which you can put towards what you pay for your deductible.
    Moacirusa likes this.
    06-11-14 11:54 AM
    Get the Nexus 5, sell and buy for your Z10 at Swappa/Ebay. You'll make about $75 which you can put towards what you pay for your deductible.
    What this man said!

Powered by BlackBerry!
    06-11-14 11:58 AM
    You could always replace the screen it's not that difficult
    06-11-14 12:10 PM
    Aside from the options mentioned to get a phone, there is always the Marketplace here. I got a pristine, gently used Q10 for a ridiculously low price. It's in perfect working order.

Worth a look.

Sent from my AWESOME gold 64G iPhone 5s via Tapatalk
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    06-11-14 12:19 PM
    Aside from the options mentioned to get a phone, there is always the Marketplace here. I got a pristine, gently used Q10 for a ridiculously low price. It's in perfect working order.

Worth a look.

How much did you find it for?
    I'm looking to get one for me old dad, but every where I look it seems just out of his budget.
    06-11-14 12:28 PM
    My Q10? 225. In perfect shape.

06-11-14 12:29 PM

There is a $150 deductible? You can just pay $50 more and buy a brand new Z10! That is if you want to stay with BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-14 12:39 PM
    I recently cancelled my insurance because of this. I had heard TMO was out of Z10s and like others I knew the deductible was close to the cost of just getting a new Z10.

Posted via CB10
    LoneStarRed likes this.
    06-11-14 12:48 PM
    Weird. I was at Fry's this past weekend (remind me to never go there again) and they had T-Mobile Z10s and Q10s on display for sale. I was surprised. I am assuming I will need to research frequencies and buy my next BB phone from BB or somewhere.
    I love Fry's. I'm like a kid in a candy store there, lol. Did you have a bad experience?

Tapped out on my Q10
    06-11-14 01:08 PM
    I love Fry's. I'm like a kid in a candy store there, lol. Did you have a bad experience?

Tapped out on my Q10
    Fry's (like Best Buy) just isn't worth the money. Anything you can get there can be found for a better price on Amazon or Monoprice.
    06-11-14 01:23 PM
    Tapped out on my Q10
    In the past they tried to rip me off by "accidentally losing my rebate form". Fortunately I made copies before sending. My friend who worked there said returned defective items were routinely put right back on the shelf. The PC sales guy was totally uninformed on UEFI BIOS / Linux issues (perhaps forgivable). And the poor girl who tried to twist my arm for DirecTV got to hear my speech on how they yanked the Viacom channels twice without lowering my bill so I fired them (I was nice to her). I was only there to buy a regulated power supply (listed as in-stock, of course nowhere to be found). I guess the blame goes on me for continuing to abuse myself. And now my four year old has learned of the Wii U, with his birthday approaching
    06-11-14 02:10 PM
    He's just paing the deductible because it was his falt on braking the cellphone. He would not have to pay if that wasn't his falt
    06-11-14 02:22 PM

You can buy a nice used T-mobile Z10 on ebay for around the deductable price if you don't want to leave platform
    06-11-14 02:27 PM

I thought that if you have insurance on your device (any make of phone) and that device brakes. The Device which is a BlackBerry Z10 is replaced by the insurance company. That's what insurance is isn't it. Or am.i wrong.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-14 02:35 PM
    I thought that if you have insurance on your device (any make of phone) and that device brakes. The Device which is a BlackBerry Z10 is replaced by the insurance company. That's what insurance is isn't it. Or am.i wrong.

Posted via CB10
    Well since bbry revoked tmobile s license to buy new bbrys I don't see how you can expect them not to give you better or same value devices that's part of warranties if they cannot repair or replace the device with the same device you get a better or same value device consider yourself lucky
    Q10 is probably existing stock and well they cannot order any more bbrys so they have to give you better things
    Posted via CrackBerry App
    06-11-14 02:44 PM
    Well since bbry revoked tmobile s license to buy new bbrys I don't see how you can expect them not to give you better or same value devices that's part of warranties if they cannot repair or replace the device with the same device you get a better or same value device consider yourself lucky
    Q10 is probably existing stock and well they cannot order any more bbrys so they have to give you better things
    Posted via CrackBerry App
    T-Mobile gives out refurb phones as replacements. You only get a new phone if you have a defective phone within the first 20 days or something like that. And if a phone is "discontinued" such as the Z10, they will offer you an older refurb different phone that they consider to be of equal value... you won't get a top of the line phone.
    06-11-14 02:55 PM
    Fry's (like Best Buy) just isn't worth the money. Anything you can get there can be found for a better price on Amazon or Monoprice.
    It all depends. They have great sale prices starting on Friday for the weekend, so there's always the possibility to save. But I agree about Amazon and Monoprice. I buy from them regularly. Sometimes Newegg, altho' they're usually a little higher (but near me, so standard shipping is basically overnight).

Tapped out on my Q10
    06-11-14 03:01 PM
    In the past they tried to rip me off by "accidentally losing my rebate form". Fortunately I made copies before sending. My friend who worked there said returned defective items were routinely put right back on the shelf. The PC sales guy was totally uninformed on UEFI BIOS / Linux issues (perhaps forgivable). And the poor girl who tried to twist my arm for DirecTV got to hear my speech on how they yanked the Viacom channels twice without lowering my bill so I fired them (I was nice to her). I was only there to buy a regulated power supply (listed as in-stock, of course nowhere to be found). I guess the blame goes on me for continuing to abuse myself. And now my four year old has learned of the Wii U, with his birthday approaching
    Yeah, I forgot to mention when I go I know exactly what I want (usually an advertised sale item) and I *never* talk to a sales person. The restocking of defective items is news. Thx for the warning.

Tapped out on my Q10
    06-11-14 03:05 PM
    He's just paing the deductible because it was his falt on braking the cellphone. He would not have to pay if that wasn't his falt
    The Premium Handset Protection plan deductible applies whenever they send you a refurb phone, not only if someone "breaks" it.
    grover5 likes this.
    06-11-14 03:06 PM
39 12