Was in the mall and stopped at the T Mobile kiosk to ask about the new Z10 and when it would be available. The rep working there at the time said later in March, but that long term he didn't think of BlackBerry as a good investment because he didn't think the company would last much longer due to their single digit market share. He was very polite and we had a good conversation about phone in general, with encouragement to consider newer android offerings. I then walked into the BestBuy phone store and spoke with the rep there, who said latest she had heard was March 22, and to check back. I found the contrast interesting because the T Mobile guy described himself as a phone geek, said he had been selling phone for eight years, but didn't seem aware of the positive reception of the Z10 in the market, or the company name change.
    SF71 likes this.
    03-11-13 10:55 AM
    Maybe he meant he didn't think t mobile would be around much longer.
    03-11-13 10:58 AM
    I had the opposite experience. I went to a T-Mo kiosk at my mall to talk about T-Mo's new data plans. I mentioned possibly switching my plan when I pick up my Z10, and the rep (female, if that matters) got really excited and said that she was looking forward to picking one up, as well.
    03-11-13 11:58 AM
    I had the opposite experience. I went to a T-Mo kiosk at my mall to talk about T-Mo's new data plans. I mentioned possibly switching my plan when I pick up my Z10, and the rep (female, if that matters) got really excited and said that she was looking forward to picking one up, as well.
    That could have just been your winning personality pantless!

And RIM/BB isnt going anywhere any time soon, their stock is up quite a bit today on just the simple announcement that AT&T is launching in 11 days.
    pantlesspenguin and ErinnM like this.
    03-11-13 12:02 PM
    Folks been saying that for years. And BlackBerry is still here. Add that rep to the long list of failed fortune tellers.
    fireboy2281, CMZ_DL and ErinnM like this.
    03-11-13 12:03 PM
    I stopped listening to those ignorant reps a long time ago. I had my own T-Mo d-bag rep experience myself.
    03-11-13 02:16 PM
    Was in the mall and stopped at the T Mobile kiosk to ask about the new Z10 and when it would be available. The rep working there at the time said later in March, but that long term he didn't think of BlackBerry as a good investment because he didn't think the company would last much longer due to their single digit market share. He was very polite and we had a good conversation about phone in general, with encouragement to consider newer android offerings. I then walked into the BestBuy phone store and spoke with the rep there, who said latest she had heard was March 22, and to check back. I found the contrast interesting because the T Mobile guy described himself as a phone geek, said he had been selling phone for eight years, but didn't seem aware of the positive reception of the Z10 in the market, or the company name change.
    This is precisely why he's working in a store and NOT running a multi-billion dollar tech company.
    03-11-13 02:18 PM

And RIM/BB isnt going anywhere any time soon, their stock is up quite a bit today on just the simple announcement that AT&T is launching in 11 days.
    I don't disagree with you, but the stock is up less than $2 and it was ten times the price a few years ago
    03-11-13 02:22 PM

this is something that i never understood. what makes this person qualified to discuss the future of BB? He is telling people that the company will fold, but is making minimum wage. This is something that happens at all stores and with a lot of brands. I just dont think it is the sales-person's job to give you their personal opinion. If i go in and ask for a Z10 then give me a Z10, dont say 'Really? Why that?'
    03-11-13 02:22 PM
    it just depends on the salesperson.

uneducated (not stupid, but as in uneducated about the product) sales people rely on their own knowledge and experience. It's an easy to relate and share information with your customer. An educated salesperson knows differeniating competitive advantages between the products. This way they can let the customer decide which product best fits their own personal needs.

My experience last week at a Costco in Canada. The rep was pushing the Z10 hard. It brought a tear to my eye!
    ErinnM and gritsinct like this.
    03-11-13 02:24 PM
    Well technically RIM isn't around anymore - they're now offically called BlackBerry.

Perhaps we should give this guy the benefit of the doubt and assume that's what he meant ???
    03-11-13 02:25 PM

The announcement helped, but a potential buyout from Lenovo is what got people excited.
    03-11-13 02:27 PM
    T-No mor..........
    ErinnM likes this.
    03-11-13 02:27 PM

Everybody falls in love with the penguin.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    03-11-13 02:30 PM
    This rep sounds like he really wanted to push an Android phone, which is probably the platform he prefers. This is why reps should leave their personal opinions at home and just give what the customer wants.
    jlarkins08 likes this.
    03-11-13 02:34 PM
    People need to stop glorifying sales associates who are selling products you can easily research on your own in a few minutes, or hours depending how thorough you are. This person who works in a Tmo kiosk has an opinion, big deal. He calls himself a phone geek because he plays w/the Tmo phones all day.
    03-11-13 03:13 PM
    Well there is only BlackBerry now so what he said is true

Post via BlackBerry z10 Crackberry App
    03-11-13 03:26 PM
    It's just a sales pitch for you to buy a phone now instead of later.
    ubizmo likes this.
    03-11-13 03:40 PM
    Well, Z10 hasn't been released yet so most sales rep can't see any of the hype that exists around the world in markets that have the phone already released. Given their falling marketshare in the US, the rep isn't exactly wrong to say, "draw a trendline, it's going to zero. BlackBerry is going to be dead soon.". Of course no one can tell the future. Most of us think BB will be around for many more years. And given their new OS, worse case is them being bought out,
    03-11-13 03:51 PM
    RIM is gone... only exists in Internet archives. Long live BlackBerry. Remember, BlackBerry is targeting a particular sub set of users and that sales person just happened to not be in that core group. Missed a sale, their loss.

Posted via CB10
    pandapurple likes this.
    03-11-13 03:58 PM
    Wouldn't that mean WP isn't going to be around much longer either?

Most reps are clueless.
    03-11-13 03:59 PM
    Maybe he meant he didn't think t mobile would be around much longer.
    I agree with you, you have to remember something that the wireless guys want BlackBerry to be around as well as Windows as they provide the competition to Apple and Samsung if it is just the two of them then AT&T and Verizon have no bargaining power. So the guy in the kiosk is there for a reason.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 04:00 PM
    This is precisely why he's working in a store and NOT running a multi-billion dollar tech company.
    He's not even in a store. After 8 years, he's still in the kiosk, next to the We Buy Gold stand and the lady that plucks eyebrows with dental floss...

spike12 and STV0726 like this.
    03-11-13 04:10 PM
    who cares about what reps say. we all know as a community RIM is not going away so we should refrain from making these threads. Its obvious that the people who make these claims are ignorant to the tech world. Instead of making threads just educate the poor bastards.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-11-13 04:12 PM
    this is something that i never understood. what makes this person qualified to discuss the future of BB? He is telling people that the company will fold, but is making minimum wage. This is something that happens at all stores and with a lot of brands. I just dont think it is the sales-person's job to give you their personal opinion. If i go in and ask for a Z10 then give me a Z10, dont say 'Really? Why that?'
    Ignorant much?

You know quite a few people on this very site work at cell phone sites? Some may make minimum wage, or better. Just want to know what the difference is from a rep there to the people on this site?

We all are here to help and may have personal opinions, but honestly he has as much right as anyone here. Its up to you to either take it with a grain of salt, or let it ruin your week....

I don't think blackberry will fold anytime soon, but do think it won't sell as well as people had hoped for on here.

Oh chastise me now for my opinion, lol!

Sent from a galaxy far away!
    03-11-13 04:15 PM
76 123 ...