I am in Canada, but I follow with great interest the recent news coming from T Mobile. First their making up with Blackberry and the more recent uncarrier offers, the 'jump on demand" T-Mobile announces JUMP! On Demand, allowing customers to upgrade at any time | CrackBerry.com and then the no extra charges for using your phone in Canada and Mexico T-Mobile no longer charges you for using your phone in Mexico and Canada | CrackBerry.com. For those of you living in US and having any first hand knowledge, how good are these offers? Is there any catch? Is this too good to be truth?

On side note, if the deals are really that great, is there any carrier or uncarrier that likely will follow suit?
    07-12-15 01:37 AM
    Two second search for to good to be truth

http://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phone-p...ndividual.html

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=Jig1X8qy

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    nolimits7 likes this.
    07-12-15 02:32 AM
    Tmobile is worth it definitely but most likely if you are in a group plan to pay cheaper. Great customer service, good reception, I even would pay 2 weeks late without getting my service cut or late fees. Att plans are a joke and I heard their fees are ridiculous. When I saw my friend pay his verizon bill, I thought he was paying his rent (it was like $624) and sprint...can't even tell you how many times in the past 10 years, I've never heard a sprint customer say they like the service. Tmobile was a joke back in 2007 but they have vastly improved since then...

Posted via CB10
    nolimits7 likes this.
    07-12-15 10:40 AM
    Thanks for taking the time and doing some random search, but this is not exactly what I had in mind when I started this thread. The deals and plans you linked look great at first glance, but I guess it is either the small print, or something that's only comes out when you deal directly with the T Mobile reps that questions the awesomeness of these offers.

I have a friend that on a plan with Verizon, and was told about the offers coming from T Mobile, together with the links I provided in my first post. Again, on first glance very tempting. He went to T Mobile and suddenly it is not so great. First he has a brand new Samsung that T Mobile suggest it will not work on their network, so he has to buy a new phone at a full price, and only gets a fraction of what it is worth for the Samsung. Then of course is the mater of coverage, which supposedly is not as good as that of Verizon. Also, the T Mobile rep wasn't able to provide straightforward answers to questions asked by my friend, so of course I begun to wonder.

Now, again, this thread is directed at people with first hand knowledge of the T Mobile deals, the good, the bad, the anything that's important. Please share if you can.
    Uzi likes this.
    07-12-15 10:43 AM
    So the jump on demand has a few hidden fees. For example if you get the current iphone, you really need to pay an additional $8 a month in handset insurance or get dinged for a $250 deductible AND pay for the phone in entirety IE 649!

Posted via CB10
    nolimits7 likes this.
    07-12-15 11:38 AM
    So the jump on demand has a few hidden fees. For example if you get the current iphone, you really need to pay an additional $8 a month in handset insurance or get dinged for a $250 deductible AND pay for the phone in entirety IE 649!

Posted via CB10
    Thank you!! That's what I was curious about. Them lousy hidden fees. What else?
    07-12-15 11:42 AM
    It's kind of hard to summarize all of it in a post. The North American calling plan is probably OK, but I would imagine that you need to spend the majority of your time in the US.

The JUMP! On Demand is a lease program. If you take the new devices, you start a new 18-month lease, so you are constantly renewing your commitment to the carrier. If you want to turn in your phone at the end of the lease, it needs to be in good condition. There are three separate instances where the damage could cost you $250 for each damage. You also have the option to buy at the end of the lease. However, most people attracted to a lease program won't want to buy an 18-month old phone at that time.

The insurance is a separate, but optional charge.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    07-12-15 12:06 PM
    Thanks for taking the time and doing some random search, but this is not exactly what I had in mind when I started this thread. The deals and plans you linked look great at first glance, but I guess it is either the small print, or something that's only comes out when you deal directly with the T Mobile reps that questions the awesomeness of these offers.

I have a friend that on a plan with Verizon, and was told about the offers coming from T Mobile, together with the links I provided in my first post. Again, on first glance very tempting. He went to T Mobile and suddenly it is not so great. First he has a brand new Samsung that T Mobile suggest it will not work on their network, so he has to buy a new phone at a full price, and only gets a fraction of what it is worth for the Samsung. Then of course is the mater of coverage, which supposedly is not as good as that of Verizon. Also, the T Mobile rep wasn't able to provide straightforward answers to questions asked by my friend, so of course I begun to wonder.

Now, again, this thread is directed at people with first hand knowledge of the T Mobile deals, the good, the bad, the anything that's important. Please share if you can.
    Since he is currently on Verizon, his 'brand new' Samsung is a CDMA device and likely not fully compatible with T-Mobile's GSM network (he may get some radio bands, but not all-- and with T-Mobile not having that great of a coverage, you want to be able to get all the bands they rely on). There's also the issue of WiFi calling, which is only supported for the device models that they officially carry.

There's not much mistery as to 'the catch'. Their coverage is markedly inferior in non-urban areas, and as such need to rely on lower pricing and aggressive/creative marketing and plans to be competitive against AT&T and Verizon.

If you live in a city (that has good T-Mobile coverage) and don't need coverage in rural areas, then T-Mobile should be a good way to save.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-15 12:19 PM
    This should go in the tmobile forum...anyway, most of the other carriers have a lease program, not just tmobile. i currently have the $50 a month unlimited everything plan. I don't use the Jump program cause I'm not the type that needs a new phone every few months. I'm still using a z10 which i got on day 1...

to be on the jump program would cost an additional $10, add the lease of the phone which is roughly $18-23 for the "latest" anything, also add taxes and state fees for another $10 and i would be paying roughly close to $80 now....if you can afford it then go for it....
    and switching carriers shouldn't be that big of a burden since most carriers will pay the remainder of your contract anyway if you feel you would be "tied up" with the jump program.

Personally, i'm inclined to get a galaxy s6 after 2.5 yrs with my z10. I don't need the jump program cause I'm past due for an upgrade BUT i know i will want the new blackberry /android phone if rumors are true, in which case i'm going to wish i was on the jump program.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-15 01:28 PM
    This should go in the tmobile forum...anyway, most of the other carriers have a lease program, not just tmobile. i currently have the $50 a month unlimited everything plan. I don't use the Jump program cause I'm not the type that needs a new phone every few months. I'm still using a z10 which i got on day 1...

to be on the jump program would cost an additional $10, add the lease of the phone which is roughly $18-23 for the "latest" anything, also add taxes and state fees for another $10 and i would be paying roughly close to $80 now....if you can afford it then go for it....
    and switching carriers shouldn't be that big of a burden since most carriers will pay the remainder of your contract anyway if you feel you would be "tied up" with the jump program.

Personally, i'm inclined to get a galaxy s6 after 2.5 yrs with my z10. I don't need the jump program cause I'm past due for an upgrade BUT i know i will want the new blackberry /android phone if rumors are true, in which case i'm going to wish i was on the jump program.

Posted via CB10
    JUMP! On Demand doesn't have a monthly $10 fee and is a lease program. The first two versions of JUMP! have a $10 monthly fee and are not lease programs.

07-12-15 01:40 PM
    JUMP! On Demand doesn't have a monthly $10 fee and is a lease program. The first two versions of JUMP! have a $10 monthly fee and are not lease programs.

That is not what their website says.

Here, i copy and pasted it for you...

What is the total cost of JUMP!?
    JUMP!� is $10 per month per device (plus taxes and fees), added to your monthly service and EIP costs. JUMP! includes Premium Handset Protection� so you�re covered against accidental damage, mechanical breakdown, loss and theft, as well as Lookout Mobile Security� Premium. Standalone Premium Handset Protection purchased from T-Mobile without JUMP! would cost $8 per month and Lookout Mobile Security Premium would cost an additional $4 per month. When you upgrade or buy a new device on EIP, you also are subject to any down payments required. The monthly $10 JUMP! fee appears beginning with your first bill.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by omega supreme; 07-12-15 at 06:33 PM.
    07-12-15 06:21 PM
    That is not what their website says.

Posted via CB10
    What part of what I said are you disputing?
    07-12-15 06:31 PM
    What part of what I said are you disputing?
    Did you not say that it Does NOT have a monthly fee??

Posted via CB10
    07-12-15 10:48 PM
    Did you not say that it Does NOT have a monthly fee??

Posted via CB10
    Yes, there's no monthly fee with JUMP! On Demand.
    07-12-15 11:13 PM
    Well, if there are no monthly fees, how possibly T Mobile will loose no shirt on all the upcoming trade ins? Low trade in value offered and penalties for any damages to the set?
    07-12-15 11:22 PM
    I guess you have trouble reading the part that says there is a $10 monthly fee.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-15 11:30 PM
    I guess you have trouble reading the part that says there is a $10 monthly fee.

Posted via CB10
    No trouble reading here, as you did not provide a link or text that says otherwise. Only the old JUMP! versions have the $10 monthly fee. JUMP! On Demand does not have a monthly fee.

"With JUMP! On Demand you have the freedom to get the latest smartphone anytime you like. One low monthly payment covers the cost of a new smartphone and gives you the freedom to upgrade absolutely anytime you like, up to 3x per year, at no extra cost. Here’s how it works:" (emphasis mine).

More information can be found here: Upgrade Your Phone Whenever You Like w/ JUMP! On Demand | T-Mobile
    07-12-15 11:38 PM
    Well, if there are no monthly fees, how possibly T Mobile will loose no shirt on all the upcoming trade ins? Low trade in value offered and penalties for any damages to the set?
    I say that there will be penalties assessed at a fairly high rate, but that's my guess. One of the things that they check for is the water damage indicator. That indicator is fairly easy to activate, so I imagine that there will be a lot of $250 charges for that one.
    07-12-15 11:41 PM
    I say that there will be penalties assessed at a fairly high rate, but that's my guess. One of the things that they check for is the water damage indicator. That indicator is fairly easy to activate, so I imagine that there will be a lot of $250 charges for that one.
    You mean like simply from moisture in the air? Or are we talking legit water damage, like spills and submersions?
    07-12-15 11:44 PM
    You mean like simply from moisture in the air? Or are we talking legit water damage, like spills and submersions?
    I've heard store reps "claim" that humidity can turn the water damage indicator from white to pink. I haven't tested this to see if this is the case. Since store reps are the ones who will assess the damage, I believe that there will be a lot of water damage indicators "found" to be activated in returned devices.
    07-12-15 11:48 PM
    Bottom line, the plans...are hands down better than Verizon and AT&T, period. However, you get what you pay for. Yes, you get WiFi calling which covers possible in-home coverage issues if you have a weak signal at home. The problem is that T-Mobile simply does not have the coverage Verizon and AT&T currently have. Thus, if you live, work, and play in an area with solid T-Mobile coverage and travel to places such as Canada and Mexico, then T-Mo is the way to go. On the other hand, these plans are meaningless for someone like myself who who doesn't travel to Canada or Mexico but does travel throughout the U.S. and cannot rely on T-Mobile having coverage everywhere I go.
    07-12-15 11:59 PM
    No trouble reading here, as you did not provide a link or text that says otherwise. Only the old JUMP! versions have the $10 monthly fee. JUMP! On Demand does not have a monthly fee.

"With JUMP! On Demand you have the freedom to get the latest smartphone anytime you like. One low monthly payment covers the cost of a new smartphone and gives you the freedom to upgrade absolutely anytime you like, up to 3x per year, at no extra cost. Here�s how it works:" (emphasis mine).

More information can be found here: Upgrade Your Phone Whenever You Like w/ JUMP! On Demand | T-Mobile
    Wow really?? It says it in the quote YOU posted... "one LOW MONTHLY payment..." do you not know what monthly means??... that "low payment" IS the $10 a month i mentioned. the "no extra cost" you highlighted means just that there is no EXTRA cost to upgrade each time....what i copy and pasted was from the Jump on Demand page. you just have to scroll to the bottom to their FAQ. Yes it's deceitful but that's why you should always read the fine print on everything.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-15 12:10 AM
    Wow really?? It says it in the quote YOU posted... "one LOW MONTHLY payment..." do you not know what monthly means??... that "low payment" IS the $10 a month i mentioned. the "no extra cost" you highlighted means just that there is no EXTRA cost to upgrade each time....what i copy and pasted was from the Jump on Demand page. you just have to scroll to the bottom to their FAQ. Yes it's deceitful but that's why you should always read the fine print on everything.

Posted via CB10
    The low monthly payment is the installment/lease payment for the phone only. If you look further down the page, the answer to another FAQ is that if you convert from the existing JUMP! program, the $10 fee is removed from your account. It doesn't get much clearer than that.

The text that you quoted in a previous post is for the first two versions of JUMP!, not JUMP! On Demand.

07-13-15 01:00 AM
    the Canada part also refers to only the cities listed. For example, it states Toronto! If you are approx a 30 minute drive east, you are no longer in Toronto so you would mostly likely be dinged roaming AND long distance + fees associated with using the local towers in that area! Its beneficial to read the fine print.

07-13-15 01:13 AM
    the Canada part also refers to only the cities listed. For example, it states Toronto! If you are approx a 30 minute drive east, you are no longer in Toronto so you would mostly likely be dinged roaming AND long distance + fees associated with using the local towers in that area! Its beneficial to read the fine print.

Yes, this plan wouldn't work for the OP unless he is planning to move to the States. The fine print says that the primary use of the account has to be in the United States.

07-13-15 01:17 AM
28 12