Can I unlock a blackberry 9700 and switch it to boost mobile and have all the features working such as the web browser and bbm?
    05-09-11 06:52 PM
    Someone please correct me if i am wrong, but i think t-mobile is GSM (9700), and boost is CDMA?
    05-09-11 07:05 PM
    Someone please correct me if i am wrong, but i think t-mobile is GSM (9700), and boost is CDMA?
    If its not possible, What is the best company to switch my blackberry to where it can work the best service wise and also be less expensive than the big time carriers...
    05-09-11 07:08 PM
    you would have to shop around (every company has a website nowadays..) to find a plan that suits for you.... we cannot tell you what you need... you will however need to ensure that you have a blackberry specific data plan in order for your device to work properly...
    05-09-11 07:11 PM

I would research this first, as i am making an assumption from a quick google search, and looking @ boost's website...
    05-09-11 07:12 PM
    you would have to shop around (every company has a website nowadays..) to find a plan that suits for you.... we cannot tell you what you need... you will however need to ensure that you have a blackberry specific data plan in order for your device to work properly...
    Yeah I understand but I am not to familiar with all these company's, I saw Simple Mobile and I hear that not all features would work with the 9700. I was wondering if anyone in here had any suggestions at all.
    05-09-11 07:26 PM
    eHow.com Mobile

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-11 07:32 PM
    Boost, in the US is CDMA and is GSM in Australia and New Zealand.

hey OP, before you start asking us what carrier you should get, why dont you clue us in with more info like where you live and whatnot.

a t-mobile branded 9700 will work on any US GSM carrier but will ONLY work on t-mobiles 3G bands. with that phone, your best bet is using it on t-mobile.

btw, most prepaid cell phones or virtual network providers here are CDMA based i think. so you are very limited where the GSM 9700 is gonna work, especially with a full blackberry data plan.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-10-11 12:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD