Hi Gys,

Can anyone assist me with getting my friends trackball working. It stopped about a week ago and it's **** to go to messages using the enter key on the keyboard. Are there any other troubleshooting tips? i tired the normal ones, battery out, diagnostics test, etc.... can i get some assistance before i go to the store.

Thanks!
    12-30-07 04:05 PM
    did you try cleaning it?
    12-30-07 06:58 PM
    im having the same problem now too
    it will scroll in every direction but won't select
    the menu &enter keys are my current saviors
    anyway to fix this?
    05-24-08 02:36 PM
    Thats strange are you sure they aren't dirty.
    05-24-08 02:41 PM
    im not sure
    i got it from ebay about a week ago
    [pretty sure it was refurbished]
    05-24-08 02:47 PM
    Just Go To Your Carriers Rapair Store, Tell Them The Problem And They'll Fix It For: All They're Going To Do Is Replace The Trackball.
    05-24-08 03:02 PM
    even if i didnt get it from them?
    05-24-08 04:00 PM
    This is a common problem i see with the blackberry curve/pearl at AT&T. The trackballs stop working. We do not do phone repairs, so your best bet would be to call warrenty 1-800-801-1101 if your phone is less than a year old. I would recommend putting your phone in a case in the future if you haven't previously
    05-24-08 04:39 PM
    This is a common problem i see with the blackberry curve/pearl at AT&T. The trackballs stop working. We do not do phone repairs, so your best bet would be to call warrenty 1-800-801-1101 if your phone is less than a year old. I would recommend putting your phone in a case in the future if you haven't previously
    they'd repair it even though i got it from a 3rd party seller &I have no official BB proof of purchase?
    05-24-08 05:37 PM
    The problem may be as simple as a stuck micro switch. Fortunatly, it is simple to remove the ring and ball assembly to get access to the switches.

A cotton tip swab and Isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) will often free it up.

Use just enough to moisten the tip, dont wet it enough to release liquid into the assembly.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...rackball-3243/
    05-24-08 05:56 PM
    05-24-08 11:09 PM
    I was having the same problem with my blackberry curve. I cleaned the trackball and the inside as "Reed" suggested, and now mine is working perfectly. Thanks goodness, because I was tired of using the enter key. I had to clean mine twice, but it did the trick!
    09-08-10 04:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD