We need to record this and get it on YouTube, then make sure that the CEO's of these effing carriers know what's going on.

In the case of T-Mobile, honestly, I think you're wasting your time.

T-Mobile's management knew from the beginning that this "promotion" of theirs was bunk. They are trying to poach Blackberry's userbase.

As I posted here earlier, T-Mobile's prices (non-contract) on Z10's and Q10s are anywhere from $130 to $160 higher than Verizon and AT&T. Then they have the audacity of telling people they are going to give them this "big fat $200 discount". ROFL

Statements made by Legere and other execs make it clear that they expected most respondents to this promo would be switching to either Android or iOS.

So like I said - don't expect them to care that their staff is ragging on Blackberry: that is their intention.
    clickitykeys likes this.
    02-27-14 07:04 PM
    In the case of T-Mobile, honestly, I think you're wasting your time.
    Me too.

I think the best course of action is let it play out, then contact a class action attorney, if you want to get even with tmo for their deceptive promotion.

So many users of this forum, a few must be reading along.

FWIW I wouldn't post via youtube any interactions between customer and sales reps. Can't hurt to keep records of all interactions though and even record but save it for a lawyer to see and advise.

People allow emotions to rule. Be smart instead.

Posted via CB10 Q10
    02-27-14 08:17 PM
    Caution t-mobile rant. I went to my t-mobile account and saw that I had a jump available through t-mobile and thought why not go and trade my q10 for. Another Z10 because I missed the screen size of the phone and no option for Z30. I stopped by a t-mobile and went up to the clerk and told her I wanted to use my jump. She looked up my account and stated she didn't see the jump on my account and that I needed to call customer service for the descreptancy. So as I was leaving I called to ask what was going on, the rep stated that my jump was removed a couple of months back. I must have done it by accident but I stated it showed differently online and was confused. The rep did some checking and came back on the line stating it was a mistake and had good news that they had a deal and I could upgrade for just pay less than my Q10. It sounded like what I was looking for and said I will take that it's the same thing. We processed the order. Well got the phone and was happy but no return box as I thought I needed to send my phone back to them. Well a day goes by and still no word on how to return the old phone. I decided to check my account and - noticed my old phone was still on my plan with the additional new phone. ( what the heck). I called t-mobile right away and they stated you bought a new z10 for 400.00 while the promotion was going on. Haha.. I was furious and they would not do anything to rectify the problem but give a trade in on the q10 for 200. Yea right I'm going to lose the q10 and still owe over 200 on it and pay 100 over retail on the z10? Needless to say I'm paying shipping to send the z10 back. I'm an *****. Should of stayed with. Verizon but now I have 5 phone on tmobile with a nice chunk of change left on paying the phones off.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 11:59 PM
    [QUOTE=khehl;10047870]it's not even just phones, it's everything like a simple thing: medals in the olympics, instead of going by the official olympic medal point system they change it to overall medals. Now the typical american thinks they were 2nd place in the olympics but in reality they are 4th.

This is pretty off topic, but I just wanted to correct you in that there is no official Olympic medal point system, it was invented by the media. IOC does not post a medal count as athletes must participate as individuals or teams. It really has nothing to do with countries and medal counts have been completely fabricated by the media.

I see your point though, to consider 20 bronze medals better than 19 gold medals just doesn't seem right.

Zed30
    02-28-14 02:41 AM
    Sorry to hear that OP here in NY some location have BB10 devices but are hard to find. I know a few that has them. But. Since there is no Z30 at tmobile yet I made a pass on this deal. Sticking with my Q10 for now.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 05:55 PM
    Thank you T-Mobile loyalty dept!

What a runaround I've had since last Friday. To make a long story short - I got a brand new Q10 for the price of a refurb Q10 (+ no taxes or overnight delivery charge.)

Walked into a local Tmo store and they were baffled when I showed them my 7290 Cingular wireless crackberry :/ They had no clue on how to process the trade-in order so I had to order via phone with a 611 rep which the store employee aided with. The phone rep overcharged me for a new blackberry when what I wanted was a refurbished unit. As a "sorry for the headache: t-mobile loyalty ended up giving me the stated offer above because I just wanted to walk away from the whole ordeal.

The phone just arrived via ups and I couldn't be happier Noticed the date of manufacture on the outer box says 02-10-13 which means this phone has been sitting on a shelf somewhere for almost a year, what a shame.

Have others had such a hard time with this offer as I have?

FYI I was told this offer ends March 5th, tomorrow....

T-mobile loyal for years to come.... and I got to keep my old blackberry.
    anontoday likes this.
    03-04-14 04:02 PM
    Thank you T-Mobile loyalty dept!

What a runaround I've had since last Friday. To make a long story short - I got a brand new Q10 for the price of a refurb Q10 (+ no taxes or overnight delivery charge.)

Walked into a local Tmo store and they were baffled when I showed them my 7290 Cingular wireless crackberry :/ They had no clue on how to process the trade-in order so I had to order via phone with a 611 rep which the store employee aided with. The phone rep overcharged me for a new blackberry when what I wanted was a refurbished unit. As a "sorry for the headache: t-mobile loyalty ended up giving me the stated offer above because I just wanted to walk away from the whole ordeal.

The phone just arrived via ups and I couldn't be happier Noticed the date of manufacture on the outer box says 02-10-13 which means this phone has been sitting on a shelf somewhere for almost a year, what a shame.

Have others had such a hard time with this offer as I have?

FYI I was told this offer ends March 5th, tomorrow....

T-mobile loyal for years to come.... and I got to keep my old blackberry.
    That is awesome! I've been to T-Mobile stores (3 different ones, six visits total) since last week and talked Customer Care three times. The stores weren't able to order refurb units and Customer Care could, but could only offer $50 off on refurbs instead of the $250 I had expected. Since I had no idea when this offer was going to end, I traded my Sprint 9850 in-store for an instant $200 off a Nexus 5. I've been trying to sell it (or trade for a Q10) since. Nexus 5's aren't in enough of a demand to sell quickly and there aren't enough Q10's to trade for, at least in my area. (I've gotten one offer of a trade for a mint Verizon Q10, but it wouldn't be fully compatible with T-Mobile's LTE. I tried another trade for a T-Mobile Q10, but the other person was only looking to sell.) Maybe I'll give Customer Care one more shot tonight...
    03-04-14 05:55 PM
    That is awesome! I've been to T-Mobile stores (3 different ones, six visits total) since last week and talked Customer Care three times. The stores weren't able to order refurb units and Customer Care could, but could only offer $50 off on refurbs instead of the $250 I had expected. Since I had no idea when this offer was going to end, I traded my Sprint 9850 in-store for an instant $200 off a Nexus 5. I've been trying to sell it (or trade for a Q10) since. Nexus 5's aren't in enough of a demand to sell quickly and there aren't enough Q10's to trade for, at least in my area. (I've gotten one offer of a trade for a mint Verizon Q10, but it wouldn't be fully compatible with T-Mobile's LTE. I tried another trade for a T-Mobile Q10, but the other person was only looking to sell.) Maybe I'll give Customer Care one more shot tonight...
    Forget customer care. Call cancellation dept and tell them you've been outright lied to numerous times, wasted hours of your time trying to obtain their advertised promo and besides.. THEIR ad doesn't disqualify refurbished and you're so fed up you're about to call your State's Attorney General and Dept of Consumer Affairs.

I traded in a pearl 8120 for a refurbished z10. 250 off. Cost of z10? 38.

Good luck..

Posted via CB10 Q10
    03-04-14 06:57 PM
108 ... 345