I'd like to share my experience regarding to the title above. I always want a BB10 device, I waited hoping I could get some deals and work out the kinks in the software. Well, that day came today. I was trading in my old bb. Since there's no bb10 phones in the store or any of the store in my area they couldn't get me the $200.00 off. They said the reason for that is they have to process my trade in and get it approve and then they would credit the $200.00 later on my bill. Then the sales rep tried to offer me ios and android, and I told him I only want blackberry. Why can't they just give the $200.00 off? I mean my trade in is right there. It is so frustrating I wish somebody could pass this to Mr. Chen. Then I tried to call the other stores just to make sure and one rep annoyingly tells me "There's no blackberry in any stores." I wish T mobile should've done better. The apology they're making is only lip service nothing else.
    02-23-14 07:55 PM
    Wow, that does kind of confirm what most feared. That the T-Mobile move was just a backhanded BlackBerry burn.

Pretty much summarizes what BlackBerry has had to deal with for the past few years as far a "carrier relations" go.

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech and anon(4185604) like this.
    02-23-14 08:07 PM
    Sorry. It definitely stinks. T-Mobile raised people up just to drop them back down. I'd leave T-Mobile ASAP if they were my carrier.

Posted via my BlackBerry Q10 or Z30 on VZW from Philly
    02-23-14 08:09 PM
    I hope all the other consumer device manufacturers are paying attention to what T Mobile is capable of

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 08:10 PM
    I wonder what would happen if you called the customer service line and asked for it.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 08:12 PM
    I had the same exact experience with t-mobile :0(

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech likes this.
    02-23-14 08:19 PM
    I wanted to switch carrier but I can't afford the plans they're offering me, good thing there's ebay.
    02-23-14 08:41 PM
    I wonder what would happen if you called the customer service line and asked for it.

Posted via CB10
    They probably say the same thing because they can't physically see my trade in. I don't know why they can't bring bb10 back for consumers they have it on their business side.
    02-23-14 08:45 PM
    Seems nobody has bb10 devices in stores, no carriers. Could it be BlackBerry has been unable to send out stock?

Posted via CB10 Q10
    02-23-14 08:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    Call cancellation line at tmo and fax the rep a copy of their deceitful ad, tell them you are considering cancelling your service due to it and request the name of head of in--house legal dept and his/her mailing address and phone number. That just might get you what you want.

Posted via CB10 Q10
    02-23-14 08:55 PM
    Sorry to hear about your experience, OP. It is exactly what some of us were predicting when T-Mobile made that offer. It seems like it was just lipservice and that they really never intended to give BlackBerry customers the option of upgrading to a BB10 device if they wanted one.

Try calling their customer service or better yet, send a tweet to their CEO John Leagere @JohnLegere. He is very active on twitter and only late last week promised to fix this issue for BB customers with a new promotion.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy Note Tablet
    02-23-14 08:59 PM
    Call cancellation line at tmo and fax the rep a copy of their deceitful ad, tell them you are considering cancelling your service due to it and request the name of head of in--house legal dept and his/her mailing address and phone number. That just might get you what you want.

Posted via CB10 Q10
    This.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 09:18 PM

Posted via CB10 Q10
    I'm not on contract with them. I'm on prepaid. I did exactly that, 'tried to switch to their competitor, but run in to another problem with that and that's another story.
    02-23-14 09:46 PM
    OP, Please ask the store for a deferred trade in. According to their document #71145, $200 trade is done and collected at the store. But there's a side note that says if the store does not carry the device you want, you can opt in for deferred trade in. You just have to mail in your device.

By the way, one of the stores I called yesterday, I asked for a BlackBerry Z10, he said "oh no you don't want a BlackBerry phone. You want a nexus 5 instead". I asked him why he said that, he said "BlackBerry will be out of business soon".

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 10:19 PM
    This has got to be the only industry this happens in. Is there anything else you can buy that you walk into a store and they tell you you don't know what you want?

Walk into a bakery - "Yes, I'd like a cookie."
    Salesperson - "No you don't, you are fat. I will sell you a carrot."

Damn phone salespeople. So considerate of the needs of others. If only the bakery and fast food people would step in and "save" people in the same way. It's almost as though those other businesses were motivated by, oh, I don't know, profit. And those carriers, just by our well being.

So noble. *tear*

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 10:26 PM
    This offer was a sham from the beginning and the T-Mobile ceo knew that.

Offer was just an added insult to the original tweets.

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech likes this.
    02-23-14 10:29 PM
    I've learned my lesson from sales people saying it'll be like this or it'll be like that. I didn't agree to what he's offering me because when I get my bill what if it would not even be credited and I'll be calling them trying to fix the situation. I wanted it up front. When I purchased my phone they wanted me to pay a one month advance for my bill. I mean it's prepaid. So I went to a third party seller and got it.
    02-23-14 10:42 PM
    T mobile is horrible just f'n pathetic! I was lucky I got good service when I bought my BlackBerry 10 (rogers not at t mobile). I can see why it's hated so much in usa when all the carriers are so stupid, ignorant, and misleading about it.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 10:47 PM
    I had the same experience. I called the 800 number twice, did an online chat, and went to two different stores. All of them told me they don't sell the BlackBerry Z10 at all, you can't even order it to be shipped to the store or your home. One store told me they can't get me the Q10 "we can only sell what we stock in the store, no orders" and the other was able to get me the Q10 shipped to me.
    Omnitech likes this.
    02-23-14 10:52 PM
    if there is enough complaints and demand for bb10 devises they will bring them back... the bottom line is money.. if they get enough demand they will get them..
    02-23-14 11:00 PM
    Does anyone knows how to get in contact with Mr. Chen?
    I would second this. People need to take to twitter and email and start getting their experience out to the general public and Mr. Chen. This is absolutely absurd.

Posted via CB10
    anon(4185604) likes this.
    02-23-14 11:01 PM
    If this trend keeps going then BB handsets would not survive the US market. I just hate it when you walk into a store and ask for a BB people would look at you like you're a zombie.
    02-23-14 11:19 PM
    A few ppl have been successful at this offer in another thread.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 11:23 PM
    @johnlegere is the person to tweet. It looked as if it worked before, but obviously not judging by your experience.

Posted via CB10
    needforbbx likes this.
    02-23-14 11:49 PM
    Here's my experience, and link to more experiences from people not on CrackBerry...

http://forums.crackberry.com/t-mobil...iences-908234/

OP, the short of it is: In-store, with a BlackBerry trade-in, you'll get $50 off instantly, then $200 credit on your bill after 2-3 billing cycles, after you send in your trade-in. Pre-paid folks are not eligible, only post-paid customers due to the 2-3 billing cycle crediting. You can get a new Q10 or Z10 shipped directly to you or the store. Shipping is free and expedited.
    02-24-14 02:49 AM
108 123 ...