Has anyone ever heard of T-Moblile, or any other provider, giving less service to pre-paid users (which I am) over "regular" contract customers? I'm talking coverage here - not features.

Also, can one of you experienced users tell me how to log in to Crackberry and easily access the stuff that I have either asked or have responded to? If there's a "my forums" or "my stuff" button to click somewhere I haven't found it yet. Sometimes I want to search for stuff and sometimes I only want to see if anyone has responded to a question of mine. I haven't found an easy way to do it.

Help appreciated,
    Thanks, jb
    Last edited by jblackfish; 12-18-07 at 08:21 AM. Reason: add explanation to 1st sentence
    12-18-07 08:19 AM
    I haven't heard of any provider giving less coverage to a pre-paid user than contract one, that would be really bad for business. Usually the pre-paid phones arent as good as the ones you can get if you are under contract, and I can see those phones getting less signal than say the newest motorola but that's not the provider it's the hardware.
    12-18-07 08:34 AM
    pgregory,

Right. I don't have the equipment problem because I buy (unlocked) phones from other sources and choose to be a pre-paid user so I don't have the contract and do have the flexibility to move if I want. My current handset is a BB 8100 - it's great. It's just that someone told me not to judge Tmo buy their (GPRS-only) service in my area because pre-paid users operated on a different network - it sounded goofy to me too but who can tell what technology brings to the table these days.

Thanks for the reply,
    jb
    12-18-07 09:33 AM
    Actually some companies prepaid will only work on their Native network as the roaming agreements do not apply to pre pay. of course that is starting to change in some cases as roaming agreements are being renegotiated
    12-18-07 09:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD