Report on VTech sweatshop implicates AT&T, Motorola, and others in human rights abuses | The Verge

Let's see how vocal AT&T BB users can be. Lots of AT&T customers on these boards. Regardless of device choice. Motorola (Google Now) are also in there.

RIM isn't implicated thankfully.

edit: I suppose this should have gone into the AT&T forum. Sorry.
    Last edited by xandermac; 06-25-12 at 10:48 AM.
    06-25-12 10:37 AM
    Interesting article. Goes hand in hand with the continuing Foxconn abuses. Yes ongoing. An ABC special report and a press op with Apple doesn't mean things got better.

Anyways, I'm going to assume a mod is going to move this to News and Rumors in 3....2....
    06-25-12 10:41 AM
    Why does this suddenly have to be made about Apple? Don't start another fight.
    06-25-12 10:44 AM
    That really has nothing to do with smartphones or AT&T Mobility.
    cordless phones and other low-ticket electronics for US companies like AT&T, Motorola, and retail giant Walmart
    That would be AT&T's wireline business.
    06-25-12 10:49 AM
    Not really anything to do with the mobile devices, or their wireless division.

RIM doesn't make cordless handsets. So, it's not really surprising they would not be listed as involved.
    06-25-12 10:55 AM
    Apologies.
    06-25-12 10:56 AM
    That really has nothing to do with smartphones or AT&T Mobility.

That would be AT&T's wireline business.
    AT&T is AT&T and there are a lot of their customers on these boards. Unless it just doesn't matter anymore.
    06-25-12 10:58 AM
    Report on VTech sweatshop implicates AT&T, Motorola, and others in human rights abuses | The Verge

Let's see how vocal AT&T BB users can be. Lots of AT&T customers on these boards. Regardless of device choice. Motorola (Google Now) are also in there.

RIM isn't implicated thankfully.

edit: I suppose this should have gone into the AT&T forum. Sorry.
    It really doesn't belong in the AT&T forum either. It is related to AT&T's wireline division, not it's mobile division. So, technically it belongs in "off-topic", since it has nothing to do with anything related to mobile phones (BlackBerry or otherwise).
    Pete6 likes this.
    06-25-12 10:59 AM
    AT&T is AT&T and there are a lot of their customers on these boards. Unless it just doesn't matter anymore.
    Foxconn makes products for many companies, not just Apple. For instance, Foxconn makes motherboards. Therefore, any article about Foxconn would not belong in an Apple forum either.
    06-25-12 11:01 AM
    Foxconn makes products for many companies, not just Apple. For instance, Foxconn makes motherboards. Therefore, any article about Foxconn would not belong in an Apple forum either.
    Then it should be buried I suppose. Awareness isn't important.
    06-25-12 11:02 AM
    Considering who posted it, how defensive you get whenever the FoxConn abuses are brought up and how you're trying to aim this at BB users, how could anyone think this thread IS NOT about Apple?
    06-25-12 11:05 AM
    Then it should be buried I suppose. Awareness isn't important.
    Why didn't you post in the news/rumors section like everyone else does when they want a reaction to something.
    shaleem likes this.
    06-25-12 11:08 AM
    Do their outrageous monthly charges rate as human rights abuse too? I'da thought so .
    shaleem likes this.
    06-25-12 11:11 AM
    Why didn't you post in the news/rumors section like everyone else does when they want a reaction to something.
    Isn't this a "general discussion"? Whats the point of general discussion if not to discuss things?

I realized the AT&T forum might have been more appropriate and I'm sure a moderator will move it. Or just delete the damn thing considering the lack of discussion. I see where this is heading so I'm unsubscribing myself.
    06-25-12 11:11 AM
    Isn't this a "general discussion"? Whats the point of general discussion if not to discuss things?

I realized the AT&T forum might have been more appropriate and I'm sure a moderator will move it. Or just delete the damn thing considering the lack of discussion. I see where this is heading so I'm unsubscribing myself.
    So where you are taking the discussion? Do you want to discuss Human Rights or Our rule as AT&T customers and where we could demand change?

Or do you just want everyone to apologize for picking on Apple last Foxconn story go round?
    06-25-12 11:20 AM
    all of you stop it. he posted it in the wrong section, he admitted that. no need to give him crap for it. If you want, post it again in the att section. the thread here is not worth continuing the debate
    06-25-12 11:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD