My push e-mail stopped arriving in my bb in-box yesterday (11/13/07) at around 1600 hours.

When I got out of bed this morning (11/13 ) EDGE was still not working so I phoned AT&T.

The first rep I spoke with had no idea what he was doing so I hung up and called back. I spoke with a really nice woman who "checked her dash board" and said "yes there is a ticket on it , the techs are working on the problem now."

A little while later my mail was received on my bb here in Orlando, Florida where the sun is shining and the temperature is in the 70's.

EDGE is back up again!!!

Anyone else have the same problem??
    bjr578
    11-14-07 09:03 AM
    Sweet. On my way to FLA in 6 days!!! Can't wait!!

That has happened here Cincy) a few times. I first will pull my battery and let it reset, and if that doesn't work, you can be assured Techs are working on the system.
    11-14-07 09:51 AM
    Yes, I always do the battery pull thing at the first sign of trouble.

The last time EDGE was not working I phoned AT&T and they put me on hold and when they came back they said"is it ok now" and darn if it wasn't.

I guess they had to turn it back on...I must have been the first to report it.

You just never know.....
    11-14-07 10:45 AM
    Oh my I didnt even know.
    @ BJR578 -Yeah someone prolly tripped over the cord (techie joke)
    11-14-07 10:59 AM
    Yeah "bjr578" I experienced that same problem last night about 8:00 pm eastern time. I kept trying to go to different sites but kept getting the error msg. I thought that it was just CB but it was AT&T's network. I checked it again around 8:45 pm and it was working again. If I do a reset and it doesn't work it just use my laptop if I'm home. Funny thing is I was posting on CB when it went out...
    11-14-07 11:22 AM
    Same issue, the EDGE uptime is very inconsistent. I called ATT/Cingular Network Support; they provided no real support. Actually, I was told it was an issue with the 8310 Curve (10 days old). However, this issue in my opinion, is more widespread than my particular Curve. Finally, ATT/Cingular is replacing my 8310 with a new 8310. Doubtful the matter will be resolved however.
    11-18-07 03:58 AM
    So; Now it is Sunday evening the 18 of NOv.
    All of a sudden earlier in the day I am not receiving e-mail on the bb 8100.
    I logged onto my work e-mail and sent myself a message to my personal e-mail which should show up on the bb.
    Nothing happened.
    So i've been trouble shooting this all evening; I have a window opened on the laptop to my work e-mail, personal e-mail and to the mycingular.blackberry.com web site.
    I did the battery pull thing several times and sent service books several times as well now and then I get mail on the bb but things just are not working as they usually do.
    Sometime the service book message does not arrive at the bb either so I suspect the bb server is not doing it's job.
    The phone says EDGE in capital letters and I am able to surf the web on the bb.
    I suppose my next step is to phone ATT who will transfer me to the bb customer service..
    Anyone else having a similar problem???
    I sure hope it is not my device!!!
    11-18-07 10:23 PM
    In Oregon, no such issues this evening.
    11-19-07 12:54 AM
    bjr, I've read through the thread here, have you tried to re-register the BB on the network?

1. From the device go to Options
    2. Select Advanced Options
    3. Select Host Routing Table
    4. Select menu, then 'Register Now'
    5. Pull the battery while still powered on and reboot the BB.
    11-19-07 08:21 AM
    When there's issues like this, people need to subscribe and post to the BB-Outage link in my signature so others know about it and can help troubleshoot it.
    11-19-07 08:35 AM
    Yes, I've attempting to reboot the BB several times. The network issue happened again this morning to me in Oregon and again I rebooted, etc. - no luck. Very frustrating!

I will register outage accordingly.
    11-19-07 12:14 PM
    is this kind of a problem a stanard one?? I had not heard about this before. I use Verzion here in Oregon and.....not had any problems..... i hope this is an att issue (sorry guys)
    11-19-07 02:22 PM
    Actually, I understand the issue is related to ATT resulting from the iPhone usage. I'm not certain if I believe that excuse however. It doesn't seem plausible.
    11-19-07 03:19 PM
    I've just about had it with the EDGE network. It may be time to change to Verizon. This evening I have been WITHOUT this d#@* network for over three (3) hours. I have switched devices, replaced the SIM card and been on hold with ATT Network support for over one hour. TOO MUCH!!!
    11-21-07 12:12 AM
    EDGE network has been spotty the last two (2) days with downtime greater than one (1) hour each session.
    11-26-07 02:05 AM
    lol what people fail to realize is that 8/10 times when AT&T's EDGE goes AWOL, it's due to the fact they have re routed all the stuff and are putting in place UMTS/3G services, but of course, that does not help BB users since their is no 3G BB as of yet....the remaining 2 times, AT&T network took a dump and forgot to wipe...lol
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 11-26-07 at 02:17 AM.
    11-26-07 02:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD