I'm having some trouble with my Bold's wifi and I'm not really sure where to begin - the wifi will work for a few minutes (browser displays the wifi icon), but then it'll suddenly disconnect, even if I'm still actively using it. I'm not really sure where to begin, but once it disconnects, it seems to reconnect a few minutes later.
    07-20-10 07:24 PM
    Same problem here! I'm on .545 though and have been experiencing this for a while...Anybody?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-10 09:42 PM
    What router? I have used both loads and not had any wifi issues. I use a D-Link 655 and many others have Cisco products that have not had issues. NetGear products do not play nicely with BBs per others reporting in.

07-20-10 10:57 PM
    ive never had an issue with wifi on any OS ive used. however, there is one wifi network at my local bar where im having the same issue you are. its because their router is located far away from the bar area and the signal constantly drops in and out. how far are you from the router in question.
    07-21-10 05:11 AM
    I'm having some trouble with my Bold's wifi and I'm not really sure where to begin - the wifi will work for a few minutes (browser displays the wifi icon), but then it'll suddenly disconnect, even if I'm still actively using it. I'm not really sure where to begin, but once it disconnects, it seems to reconnect a few minutes later.
    A soft reset ( alt + right aA + del ) usually solves it. However, if what dictoresno said is true and the router is actually a bit far, rebooting the BB won't solve it
    07-21-10 05:29 AM
    Don't want to hijack this thread but like I said I have the same problem as the OP...This happens to me when I'm in my house and have excellent signal.

I have a Linksys (Cisco) WRT400N router which is working perfectly on my laptop.

07-21-10 08:25 AM
    Maybe try setting your router the B/G mode.

07-21-10 09:16 AM
    Maybe try setting your router the B/G mode.

Done and it didn't make a difference. Still disconnects and re-connects after a few...
    07-22-10 07:45 AM
    my att blackberry worked best with OS .714. the other OS's ive tried have given me an issue or two..
    07-22-10 07:49 AM
    I found a small post someplace yesterday that I can't find again, but this is what I did last night at home and I must say that it works perfectly!

I have a Netgear AP, and I tuned off the WiFi Multimedia setting and WiFi Powersave settings.

Once I did that my 9700 has no problem connecting to the AP at all!

If you need help in the manual you will find this setting under page #20.
    Under>QoS (Quality of Service)

Give it a shot.

Nathan
    07-22-10 07:54 AM
    Sorry to drop off the face of the... thread...

The router is a D-Link DIR-615. It's set to mixed B/G/N mode, WEP128, automatic channel scan (I've never seen it leave channel 11 when looking at the wifi profile info on my laptops).

My BB seems to hold the connection for a longer period of time if I turn off the Mobile Network connection and only leave Wifi on.
    08-01-10 03:35 PM
    No issues here on 4 off a dir-655 in mixed mode as well as a wrt54gs...

08-01-10 04:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD