Hi - I am not new to Blackberry but I am new to the forum, so thanks in advance for any help.

I currently have a 8820 which synchs fine with Outlook (2003, on an XP SP2 PC). Next week I am going to replace my mobile phone with another Blackberry - the 8120. Thus, I will want to synch 2 Blackberries with the RIM Desktop Manager (once I have set up an account for the new 8210 with orange.blackberry.co.uk).

Are there going to be any problems? I will only change entries in the 8820 and allow this to modify Outlook (as it does at the moment). However, once a week, say, I will want to synch the 8120 to referesh the Address book. I will only run one Outlook database (on the PC) but has anyone got experience of this? Will the Desktop software differentiate beween the 2 Blackberries OK? A guy in the US who I saw a forum said he synched 5 Blackberries (!) successfully with Outlook on a PC but didn't give any guidance on Desktop Manager functionality.

Gary
    Last edited by gwhitegeog; 06-21-08 at 12:07 PM.
    06-21-08 11:33 AM
    No I do it now use the device switch wizard. Or you could set up another accout on your computer and switch between them.
    06-21-08 11:35 AM
    i have 3 blackberry's synch'd to my outlook......no problems whatsoever
    06-21-08 11:37 AM
    I have sync'd 2 devices to the same Outlook with no problem as well. DM just sees 2 different PINs when you plug in the BB, but the sync process doesn't know the difference. Likewise, I sync the same BB to multiple computers with no problem as well. There is not a limitation to number of partnerships like there is with WM aka Treo.
    06-21-08 04:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD