If anyone is interested in syncing there Windows Live Accounts OTA with there Blackberry's I might be able to help you out, if you use Microsoft Office Outlook and don't mind having to use Google for your Calendar and Contacts I run my own Google Apps Domain if you are interested in becoming a member of the domain just PM me a contact email address and your desired user name I'll set you up with an account and email you your login details and the required desktop Apps, I've only got 46 Accounts left on the Standard Edition of Google Apps so hurry if you want in.

Roland
    Last edited by Rolandh; 04-25-10 at 04:53 AM.
    04-25-10 04:07 AM
    can't you just enter the details in email setup? i have three msn emails (one of them live, two hotmail) that work in BB...
    04-25-10 11:30 AM
    can't you just enter the details in email setup? i have three msn emails (one of them live, two hotmail) that work in BB...
    Unfortunately there is no Connector to allow you to sync your Windows Live contacts and calendar with the BlackBerry Address Book and Calendar. The only company that have released a BlackBerry connector to allow Syncing is Google. The only way to sync your Windows Live account is to use a BES Server. I don't know if it will work with a BESX server as I've not got round to setting up my BESX server yet, that's why I've been offering Accounts on my Google Apps domain as that is the only way of doing an OTA sync that uses BIS over BES.

Roland
    04-25-10 12:49 PM
    Allow me to correct u Roland. If u want to sync your Windows Live account to ur bb on OS 5.0, go to Email Settings in the Setup folder Edit on the account u want to sync then down to Advance options Change Protocol then its straight forward from there. Hope this helps anybody in need

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-10 09:33 PM
    Allow me to correct u Roland. If u want to sync your Windows Live account to ur bb on OS 5.0, go to Email Settings in the Setup folder Edit on the account u want to sync then down to Advance options Change Protocol then its straight forward from there. Hope this helps anybody in need

Unfortunately that fix does not work for the 81XX Series Pearl users as we will never get anything higher than OS 4.5 unless someone comes up with a hybrid OS that has all the OS 5 Apps wrapped up in OS 4.5 for the 81XX series Pearls,this is the reason that I'm offering this work around as people stuck on an OS lower than OS 5 can only use a Google Apps account and Google sync or services like miq on BIS. I might have a look into weather a BESX setup will allow Windows Live Contacts and Calendar sync, it's a lot more expensive to setup and administer than using a cheap domain and free hosting and the free Google Apps standard that I'm using, as Windows Server 2003+ and Exchange Server 2003+ and the other requirements.

Roland
    04-26-10 11:37 AM
    Well for now I think your only solution would be an upgrade to the new pearl 9100 (CDMA) or 9105 (GSM) and they were launched yesterday as well as the Bold 9650 don't really understand why they named it Bold but anyways pretty good phone.

04-26-10 01:13 PM
    Well for now I think your only solution would be an upgrade to the new pearl 9100 (CDMA) or 9105 (GSM) and they were launched yesterday as well as the Bold 9650 don't really understand why they named it Bold but anyways pretty good phone.

I've not heard anything about the release date of the new Pearl in the UK yet, and the 9105 has got the god awful t9 with a regular keypad, after being a Pearl 8110 user since November I've got used to the QWERTY SureType keyboard and would really struggle using a standard keypad with t9. until RIM come up with a new pocket friendly Pearl sized device with a full QWERTY or SureType QWERTY or a 3G device with they spec of the new Bold with a front facing camera and OS 6 when it's released, I'll stick with my trusty 8110 and Google Sync with my Google Apps domain, as it's less than the price of buying a new Berry for my own domain name with hosting and Google Apps and it will allow me to save up for a new Berry when I need to replace my 8110, and GPRS seems to fly over here using T-Mobile UK.

I don't know why people knock the 81XX series, sure they have only got a small amount of memory, but I've found that as long as I do a battery pull when needed, clear the Event log daily and delete old Calendar entries, SMS, old and even unwanted SMS/MMS messages, Emails and Address Book entries, delete as much of the OS that can safely be deleted and keep 3rd party Apps and themes to a minimum and keep all media on my 4GB SD card it gives me no problem what so ever.

Roland
    04-26-10 01:40 PM
    Both new pearls have the specs of the 9700 also have wifi and 3G. U can check them out at the blackberry.com the select north america, the specs may change your opinion on it. Its actually a good phone i'm not a fan of the t9 on the newer devices either but the specs might be interesting. Jus saying.

04-26-10 08:30 PM
    If you have OS 5 then you can sync your Window Live Contacts. Unfortunately there is no calendar sync for Windows Live.
    05-22-10 09:45 AM
    If you have OS 5 then you can sync your Window Live Contacts. Unfortunately there is no calendar sync for Windows Live.
    Are you sure, because I was certain that you couldn't sync your contacts. What are the steps that you have to take? I am very interested.

05-22-10 08:30 PM
    Ok, I gey it. You aren't talking about OTA syncing. You are talking about syncing Windows Live through Outlook. My bad.

05-22-10 08:34 PM
    OTA sync is here! Starting today, Exchange ActiveSync support for Hotmail is finally here. If your Blackberry supports MS Exchange, you can now get full native sync of mail, contacts, and calendar. Just setup your Hotmail account as exchange account (server: m.hotmail.com). Note that some providers may charge extra for Exchange support.
    08-30-10 03:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD