With the flashy new Playbook update I figured it was time to focus everything on Gmail so I have all my info on all my devices. However, I can't get my contacts from my BlackBerry on anything. When I try to export them with Desktop manager it only finds a handful of them, and Google sync doesn't find any of my contacts either. Any ideas? It seems neither Google Sync nor Desktop Manager can see my contacts.
    02-21-12 01:06 PM
    It seems like the contacts are corrupted or something. No programs can see them, but I can use them on my phone just fine...
    02-21-12 07:43 PM
    Having similar problem. No contacts or calendar. Did update and restore, no improvement.
    02-21-12 09:26 PM
    I'm having no trouble syncing the calendar using Google Sync. Hopefully a solution turns up soon. Glad to see I'm not alone on this one.
    02-21-12 09:28 PM
    Do you have your contacts in Gmail as well as on your BB? If not, you might want to do a one-time ASCII export from your BB using Desktop Manager and import that into Gmail. Do all your editing on Gmail then run your Google Sync.
    02-22-12 08:32 AM
    That's what I was orignally going to do but when I do that Desktop Manager doesn't find any contacts. Could this be because I don't keep the contacts on my SIM card?
    02-22-12 09:24 AM
    If your contacts are in BlackBerry Contacts then DM should be seeing them.
    02-22-12 09:27 AM
    I spent an hour trying to export my contacts through Desktop Manager yesterday. I plug it in today and it works great.
    02-22-12 10:34 AM
    Isn't technology lovely... lol. It sounds like you're on the road to recovery.
    02-22-12 10:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD