Okay, I promise I've done some searching...but maybe my eyes have just glossed over or something.

I need to be able to regularly update my contacts. Every system I use is PC based. When at a desktop/laptop I use Thunderbird for email, including at work. Prior to the wonderful switch to BB, I was a many year long Palm user and simply synced my contacts and calendar using the Palm Desktop software. It worked great for me.

Now, I've moved my calendar to Google and that's syncing just fine.

But what about my contacts? I need to be able to edit my contacts on a desktop/laptop most of the time...such as when I'm at my desk in my office... and then sync them up to the BB. I don't want to spend much time editing the contacts on the BB, I just want them available to me and an occasional edit as needed. The majority of the data entry and updates will be done on the desktop/laptop.

Are there any programs out there, other than Outlook, that will let me do this? I'm open to some kind of CMS system is it integrates a calendar, too...but that isn't necessary since Google is doing what I need in that regard.
    06-09-08 02:42 PM
    You could set up Desktop Manager to sync to a spreadsheet, then you can just edit the spreadsheet.
    06-09-08 02:59 PM
    I could do that, or even a simple database file... But with the spreadsheet/database update the native BB contacts app? That's really key.

Unless there is another contacts application that will override the native one?
    06-09-08 03:51 PM
    Good luck and welcome to CB.
    06-09-08 03:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD