Okay I need some help. I am having the hardest time with this. So I have ALL my contact info in my Microsoft Outlook, and I've synced it with Yahoo. SOMEHOW I need to get all this info onto my BB Curve (8310) address book. I am just so confused. I've tried using Bluetooth, I have no apps that will work. I've tried the USB cable, but haven't a clue where to put the file or where to access it on the BB. Please help!
    01-26-08 02:39 AM
    I am pretty new at this but it really did not seem that complex. First, when I got the unit, Verizon, at least, moved stuff from my old phone to the BB 8830.

But I never did use Outlook although I had it. So I opened that and looked around.

I did install BB's Desktop Manager which is where the sync function is located. I then checked out its settings (stuff like auto-sync and reconcile and "ask me") and then just fired it up. All of my contacts from the phone got moved to Outlook and mostly wound up in the proper fields.

Then since my old phone did not had stuff like addresses, I edited a whole bunch in Outlook and sync-ed again. This time it informed me of all my changes and did I want to "fix" them. All went smoothly again.

So, first step, Desktop Manager which might be on the cd or you can find it on BB's site or your carrier's site.
    01-26-08 10:37 AM
    I am pretty new at this but it really did not seem that complex. First, when I got the unit, Verizon, at least, moved stuff from my old phone to the BB 8830.

But I never did use Outlook although I had it. So I opened that and looked around.

I did install BB's Desktop Manager which is where the sync function is located. I then checked out its settings (stuff like auto-sync and reconcile and "ask me") and then just fired it up. All of my contacts from the phone got moved to Outlook and mostly wound up in the proper fields.

Then since my old phone did not had stuff like addresses, I edited a whole bunch in Outlook and sync-ed again. This time it informed me of all my changes and did I want to "fix" them. All went smoothly again.

So, first step, Desktop Manager which might be on the cd or you can find it on BB's site or your carrier's site.

(to moderator: is there a problem or slowdown posting - seems to take quite a long time and sometimes results in double posting?)
    01-26-08 10:39 AM
    My Outlook isn't connected to an email address, so that's why it wouldn't work from desktop manager. But I did figure it out through Yahoo! Go. Thanks though!
    01-26-08 10:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD