Hey guys, I have spend a while reading old threads and not sure if we have any new info from some of you experts.

I have a 9900 with one GMail account and my calendar.
    My wife has a 9860 with her GMail account on it.

I share my calendar with her and she has full access to it. So online everything works fine.

On my wife's BB her default GMail calendar is her (empty) calendar that she doesn't use, because we share mine.

Ideally we need her BB to synch with my calendar (that she has full access to and views online) but it doesn't appear to be possible.

I read that we can create a BBM group to share calendars and this appears as a potential solution. However, it seems that I have to share each calendar event rather than the entire calendar.

If anyone can help us here I'd REALLY appreciate it.

Thank you
    02-14-12 09:18 AM
    Sorry I'm gonna hijack this right now to say RIM needs to offer this.

That is all...
    02-14-12 10:32 AM
    Well, I am surprised that you're not even able to view another GMail calendar that is shared with you. Unless I'm mistaken.

Hijack all you like
    02-14-12 10:49 AM
    I believe you need to go into the Calendar settings directly in Google then the Calendar tab then Edit calendar sharing. It is here you would add your wife's gmail email to sync with your calendar. Now when she syncs her Gmail account on her BB it should also sync you calendar.
    02-14-12 11:09 AM
    I think its a gmail limitation. I just have different calendars that my BB will pull in because I subscribe to two gmail addresses.

I suggested RIM have a unifided calendar where you can share events from other BB users using the NOC in the Beta Zone.
    02-14-12 11:13 AM
    I think its a gmail limitation. I just have different calendars that my BB will pull in because I subscribe to two gmail addresses.

I suggested RIM have a unifided calendar where you can share events from other BB users using the NOC in the Beta Zone.
    I would not call it a gmail limitation. On some devices you simply add the gmail account as activesync and sync only the calendar. Problem solved. I think it is a limitation of making gmail sync have to include all or nothing on BB specifically. Hopefully they fix this.
    02-14-12 11:15 AM
    I believe you need to go into the Calendar settings directly in Google then the Calendar tab then Edit calendar sharing. It is here you would add your wife's gmail email to sync with your calendar. Now when she syncs her Gmail account on her BB it should also sync you calendar.
    Thanks for this Jimi. I appreciate it.

We only have one calendar and that's mine. I share it with her and she has full access. She doesn't use her gmail 'default' calendar so it's empty.

When she is on her computer she obviously sees my calendar that I have shared with her and can make changes etc. But on her BB it seems that the only synching going on is with her 'default' calendar rather than what is essentially my calendar even though she has full access to it. i.e. BB only allows her to see one calendar, and that's the default.
    02-14-12 11:25 AM
    Just to make sure...have you gone into the BB menu while in the calendar app and choose Select Calendar to see if its selected. Also if she is adding an appointment at the top it says Send Using. Make sure she uses the corrent email address. Hope it helps
    02-14-12 12:39 PM
    Hey denty,

Yes, we've checked, when she's in the calendar and selects 'Select calendar' the only options are:
    - All
    - BBM Group (there isn't one)
    - Gmail

And when you go into the mail settings and synchronisation the only option for 'calendar' is, 'calendar'. So it looks (at least to me) that it just picks up the Gmail default, which cannot be changed within Gmail.

It looks like the only option we have is to create a BBM Group and I share every event. Shame really but I guess it'll work.
    02-14-12 03:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD