Hi everyone - I'm new to the BlackBerry world (just picked up a Storm) and am have trouble putting my itunes content onto my phone- I keep getting a message saying Blackberry manager is not sychronized and I have to rerun it in Adminstration mode. I can't figure this out. Any help out there??

Thanks
    12-11-08 01:30 PM
    This has to do with the Control Content settings on your PC. Are you running Vista?
    12-11-08 01:33 PM
    Yes I'm in Vista
    12-11-08 01:45 PM
    Do you have Admin. rights on this computer? If so, look into the settings to see if you have the correct ones set in order to do this. I'm not on a Vista PC right now so I forget the steps.
    12-11-08 01:48 PM
    I'm on my work computer now and it's my home pc that I'm asking about. So i can't check now- sorry. Is there any way I can contact you or someone else there when I get home?
    12-11-08 01:58 PM
    I'm on my work computer now and it's my home pc that I'm asking about. So i can't check now- sorry. Is there any way I can contact you or someone else there when I get home?
    You can PM me. I should be on later tonight.
    12-11-08 02:00 PM
    Thanks - I'm in LA and I'll be home around 5.00. I'll just post here when I'm in - thanks for the help - I appreciate it
    12-11-08 02:02 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

Right click on the Program, select Properties / Compatibility and check the box marked: Run this program as Administrator.

That will allow it to work with Windows security.
    12-11-08 02:18 PM
    Thanks - I'll try that
    12-11-08 03:39 PM
    ok - I,m on my computer - tried to do what Reed said but nothing happened when I right clicked. Reed where am i right clicking on? Anyone? Thanks
    12-11-08 07:19 PM
    ok - i did al that Reed said let's see if it works
    12-11-08 07:38 PM
    mmm... now when I go back to blackberrymanager and then to media it won't even let me click start to sunch Itunes to my storm- Please help!!
    12-11-08 07:51 PM
    You found the right click, that brings up a separate list of properties you can tailor for your needs.

Media is the function you need. After opening it, you can choose BlackBerry Media Sync. If needed you will be prompted to download and install the program.

Are you able to open Media? Not all version of BlackBerry Desktop Software have the Roxio Media Manager. You may have to download and install the correct version.
    12-11-08 08:40 PM
    Hi Reed- Thanks for answering. The problem I'm having now is that I can't start the Blackberry Media Sync. I have the option but the start button doesn't work. I'm not being promted to to anything. Sorry to be such a bother.
    12-11-08 10:39 PM
    ps- if this helps now when I connect my storm to my computer a box pops up called autoplay.What do i do with that? and now the Blackbeery manager doesn't seem to connect with my storm... ahhhh I'm starting to hate this thing
    12-11-08 10:53 PM
    I was having thi sproblem this morning. After I figured out the run as admin problem. then tried to do the media synch it came saying program stopped working and closed down the desktop manager all together. Does anyone know why this has happened and how I can work around it?
    03-13-09 08:06 AM
    I have BBDM 4.7, Vista and the Bold
    03-13-09 08:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD