I have upgraded to Win 7 and installed the latest version of Desktop Manager 5.0.1_049. The installation went fine. However when I connect my blackberry the driver installation kicks off and system blue screens right after. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, downgrading to 5.0, nothing seems to help. I just cant sync with my PC and I consistently get a Blue Screen of death. Does anybody know what causes this? My guess that it's a driver issue, but how do I resolve it. I need to sync my data daily I am about to give up on Blackberry and go with some other phone. Please help!
    12-07-09 08:06 PM
    Did anybody else experienced anything like that? I am banging my head on the wall
    12-08-09 05:38 PM
    If I understand you correctly, you are saying that your BlackBerry Desktop Manger install is causing a fatal error in Window 7, resulting in a Blue screen with register dumps. The Blue Screen of Death.

A blue screen of death occurs when the kernel, or a driver running in kernel mode, encounters an error from which it cannot recover. This is usually caused by a [hardware] driver that throws an unhandled exception or performs an illegal operation. The only action the user can take in this situation is to restart the computer, which results in possible data loss due to Windows not properly shutting down. ...
    You are the first to raise this issue. Windows 7 has been around long enough, it is not likley to be the cause of the problem.

Have you tried installing a pre v5 BlackBerry Desktop Manager?
    12-09-09 09:53 AM
    I use Win7 with no issues.
    12-09-09 11:00 AM
    I've been using windows 7 on my new dell e6500 with the same issue, Blue screen every time I plug in my BB. Just curious, do you have a docking station?

Shawn J
    12-17-09 08:12 AM
    I didn't have this issue with my other dell D620 running Win 7 RC but when I upgraded to the release of Win 7 I started having the problem with the D620. I've tried 64 bit and 32 bit. Blackberry software is the latest release.
    12-17-09 08:14 AM
    My 8320 started BSOD recently when I plug it into the USB on Windows 7 on HP 9000 laptop. Doesn'y happen everytime, but it happens often enough to be worrisome
    08-01-10 01:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD