Hello,

I searched for this months ago, but found nothing on any blogs indicating that you can sync your PC calendar to your blackberry. I had found that I wanted to know when I had meetings without having to VPN into my work PC to check. Without a work blackberry connected to a BES server I was stuck. Just today I was poking around in Desktop Mgr 6.1 and I found this.

1. Connect your Blackberry to your PC.
    2. If BB desktop does not open automatically then open it.
    3. Click on Organizer (left panel)
    4. Click on Configure Settings. The intellisync wizard will open
    5. Select the Calendar checkbox and another popup will list the available calendar apps on your PC. Select the one that you want to sync with (in my case Lotus Notes). Then click Next. From here you have to pick if you want to sync the BB to the PC and vice versa, or just a one way sync. In my case I selected One Way Sync. Then click Next. From here you have an option to select what you want to sync. I went with Transfer only future items. This took a while to do, so in retrospect I should have transfer based on a date range as this should have completed faster. Either way it wasn't a big deal as I was busy working away while the sync happened.

This was an absolutely fabulous way to have my meetings available on my personal phone. Thanks for this one RIM.

08-30-11 08:10 PM
    Hello,

I searched for this months ago, but found nothing on any blogs indicating that you can sync your PC calendar to your blackberry. I had found that I wanted to know when I had meetings without having to VPN into my work PC to check. Without a work blackberry connected to a BES server I was stuck. Just today I was poking around in Desktop Mgr 6.1 and I found this.

1. Connect your Blackberry to your PC.
    2. If BB desktop does not open automatically then open it.
    3. Click on Organizer (left panel)
    4. Click on Configure Settings. The intellisync wizard will open
    5. Select the Calendar checkbox and another popup will list the available calendar apps on your PC. Select the one that you want to sync with (in my case Lotus Notes). Then click Next. From here you have to pick if you want to sync the BB to the PC and vice versa, or just a one way sync. In my case I selected One Way Sync. Then click Next. From here you have an option to select what you want to sync. I went with Transfer only future items. This took a while to do, so in retrospect I should have transfer based on a date range as this should have completed faster. Either way it wasn't a big deal as I was busy working away while the sync happened.

This was an absolutely fabulous way to have my meetings available on my personal phone. Thanks for this one RIM.

FYI you can also sync your contacts the same way. I've been using this for at least 3 years.

Cheers

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-11 08:38 PM
    I know about the other syncing, but I had been unable to do this sync with Lotus Notes before.

Thanks.

08-30-11 09:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD