Greetings,

I've got bluetooth working between my laptop and my bb8130 thanks to this forum!

However, I'm having a problem with the sync. It works if I open the desktop manager and click "syncronize", but I think it should be syncronizing on it's own everytime the connection is made. In the "syncronize" menu, and under "syncronize automatically", I have the box checked to sync whenever the device is connected. Now, I would THINK that by walking away (breaking the connection) and then coming back (say 8 hours later), the connection would be reestablished and the sync would be kicked off. Well, the connection is reestablished, but no sync ocourrs. Same goes for disconnecting the connection from the BB. It reconnects, but no automatic sync.

any suggestions?

Thanks!
    07-01-08 08:28 AM
    Does it automatically prompt you to click the button or do you have to navigate the menu?

I thought the best you could get was auto-prompted over Bluetooth but not auto-start. Mine prompts me automatically when I'm in range.
    07-01-08 08:38 AM
    Hmmm.. I haven't had it prompt me. I have click the BB Desktop Manager in the Windows System Tray and then click Syncronize. My phone does nothing until I do that.

It's funny though. I walk out of my office, and after a minute or so, the blue light stops blinking. Soon as I walk in the door of my office, the light starts blinking.. no prompt, no sync.
    07-01-08 09:12 AM
    Your BlackBerry is set to Discoverable? Make sure you follow each step/setting in Sync Your BlackBerry via Bluetooth | BlackBerry Cool.
    07-01-08 09:38 AM
    Yepper, It's set do discoverable. I've done everything in that article, except that I did it backwards. I initiated the find from the blackberry rather than from the computer. maybe I'll delete it all and try it the other way around?
    07-01-08 09:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD