My Wife was just given an 8330 Curve. We don't want to have a data plan but want to be able to sync our Thunderbird Address Book and Calendar from her PC to the Blackberry over the USB connection.

We are able to sync the Address Book and Calendar with Google. Unfortunately it seems that Google Sync will only work over the Internet so that wont work for us.

Has anyone found a way to sync Thunderbird Address Book and Calendar without a Data Plan?

Hate to have to go back to Outlook just for this - We love Thunderbird!

Thanks very much for any help you may offer.

Rod
    01-20-11 03:36 PM
    I also am a Thunderbird user and there is no way of doing what you are looking to do. The only way I get it done is by syncing Thunderbird with Google and Google with my BB. You can not directly sync Thunderbird with your BB, sorry.
    01-20-11 03:53 PM
    I also am a Thunderbird user and there is no way of doing what you are looking to do. The only way I get it done is by syncing Thunderbird with Google and Google with my BB. You can not directly sync Thunderbird with your BB, sorry.
    JimiMack,

Thanks very much for your prompt response.

We don't at all mind using Google as the intermediary. The problem is the only way we have found to do Google/BB sync is using 'Google Sync' which apparently has to be done over the Internet. Without a data plan that's impossible. Thus our searching for a way to do it from PC to BB over USB.

Rod
    01-20-11 04:21 PM
    Sorry, no you can not sync to Thunderbird. Thunderbird is not set up and neither is a Blackberry to be able to communicate with each other, like Outlook is for Blackberry. Like I said, the only way to get Thunderbird and a BB to sync is through Google and you do need the data plan for that.

Now, thinking about it. You can get Thunderbird and Outlook to sync with each other but either way you when then need to use Outlook as well, and that does you no good.
    01-20-11 04:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD