I have a BB Storm 9530 with the latest version of Google Sync installed. My problem is that when I enter events into my BB calendar I am unable to see them in Google calendar on my desktop. When I enter events into Google calendar on the desktop I am able to see them on my BB calendar.

Can anyone help?
    09-02-10 09:39 PM
    You usually have more than one calendar on your BlackBerry. Make sure you are entering your entries into the Calendar you are synching with Google Sync.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 09-03-10 at 01:00 AM.
    09-03-10 12:55 AM
    As far as I know I am entering events into the calendar that is supposed to be syncing. I should point out that this only became a problem recently. I was able to see events on Google calendar after entering them into my BB calendar.
    09-03-10 11:50 AM
    Google Sync for Blackberry isn't "instant", it will refresh at certain intervals.

With that being said, that may be your problem.

09-03-10 12:10 PM
    I have entered events onto my BB weeks ago and still am unable to see them on my desktop. I've uninstalled then reinstalled Google Sync and that did nothing to help. I've seen on other forums that the calendar app within Facebook might be the problem. I've since uninstalled Facebook but still am unable to see events on my desktop that I've entered into my BB.
    09-03-10 12:16 PM
    Try this:

1. Start Google Sync, the go into Options
    2. Srcroll down to the bottom, where it says Sync These Calendars, and click on that
    3. Make note of what email is under: Add new events to...
    4. Make note of what email is under My Calendars, and if it is checked.
    5. Get out of Google Sync
    6. Find BB Options -> Advanced Options -> Default Services, and note the 2 email addresses

Is it your same Gmail.com address listed in 3,4,6? Under 4, is your calendar checked?
    09-03-10 12:41 PM
    In Google Sync my calendar is listed under "Add new events to...".
    Under "My Calendars" my calendar is checked.
    In Default Services under "Calendar (CICAL)" my email is listed and under "Messaging (CMIME) my email address is listed.
    09-03-10 01:26 PM
    Sounds like you should be good to go.

Last couple of suggestions...

Create a new calendar event, for say tomorrow @ 11am.
    Make sure the Send Using: = your Gmail?
    Start Google Sync, and initiate a sync (Options -> Sync Now)

Does this now work?

BTW, any exitisting appts have a Send Using addr which tells you which calendar they belong to. I'm not sure how far back Google will look to sync existing appts, if that is what's not working.
    09-03-10 03:09 PM
    Still not working. When I look at events on my BB that have been entered into the desktop it says "Send Using: Facebook". And I'm unable to change it to my email. Why is this? I have uninstalled Facebook. Is the Facebook app somehow interfering with everything? If so, is there a way to fix it?
    09-03-10 03:35 PM
    I am having the same problem and I have never used Facebook on my Blackberry Storm.

The 2-way sync was working perfectly in late August. But not recently. I've tried the things mentioned earlier in this post (tho they had not been changed between the sync working and now).

Still not working. I deleted Google Sync and re-installed it. No change.

Very tedious.

Any thoughts? I guess it can't be Google screwing around or everyone would have this problem...

Chatto
    09-19-10 09:41 AM
    Have you checked your default services - depending on OS, something like Options > Advanced > Default services. Make sure the settings are for the service you want to use as the default "send from" account.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    09-19-10 10:22 AM
    Yes, tried that.

Don't know what I've done now, but it gives me a message that Another sync client has been adding events to the Blackberry calendar. To avoid duplicates Google Sync will not keep these events up to date".

Got several things in duplicate on Blackberry calendar. I've deleted the duplicates and they haven't come back. But I'm still getting the message and still it isn't uploading to the Google calendar on the Macbook.

Chatto
    09-19-10 05:25 PM
    I am having exactly the same issues, Chattocroft. It's really getting frustrating.
    09-20-10 06:49 AM
    It's frustrating that Google Sync sometimes seems like black magic and works and then then doesn't sometimes. One thing I've tried that worked for me:

• Make sure your Gmail calendar is up to date and has all the correct entries.
    • Make an export backup of your Gmail calendar, just in case.
    • On your BB, go to Calendar, choose Menu, Go to Date and choose a date far in the future, beyond where you have any appointments set.
    • Choose Menu, View Agenda, then Menu, Delete Prior.
    • Delete.

This will delete all your BB calendar entries, effectively "clearing" your calendar. Then you would "Sync Now" from Google Sync and ignore it for about 20 minutes as the entries from Gmail Calendar are synced up with your BB.

Please, as always, make sure you have good backups before you attempt this. While it worked for me I cannot guarantee it will be the same for you.

*There are other ways to clear your BB calendar using Desktop Manager but this method works using just the BB.
    09-20-10 08:05 AM
    I used to have the same problem. I would get the message that another sync client was working. I just ignored it and my calendar entries continued to sync. I think it has something to do with the default calendar. Check your settings.

09-21-10 07:35 PM
    I have entered events onto my BB weeks ago and still am unable to see them on my desktop. I've uninstalled then reinstalled Google Sync and that did nothing to help. I've seen on other forums that the calendar app within Facebook might be the problem. I've since uninstalled Facebook but still am unable to see events on my desktop that I've entered into my BB.
    Same problem here. I have tons of events on my BB and no matter how many times I Google Sync, they do not show up on my computer.

I don't even want to use Gmail. I'm initially trying to get my Yahoo Calendar to sync but that seems to be a total lost cause. DTM does not work at all either, getting the goofy 0x0038002 type error each time which is suppose to mean there is some event that DTM doesn't like. I have over 200 events, **** if I'm going to try and figure which single one is causing the issue.

For the love of God, how do I get my BB calendar to sync with my Yahoo!!!!!!!!!
    10-05-10 04:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD