Hi All

Sorry if this is in the wrong place or if has been answered somewhere before (I did look).

We are having issues with Blackberries on BES syncing with our server.

And to cut what could be a long story short I wish to sync my Outlook contacts with Google mail (contacts).

I have the Google sync software running on the BB 8900's we have and the Google sync software for calendars running on the PC's. Calendars sync without problem.

But I cannnot get the contacts to sync. I have tried various pieces of software and the most success I have had is with Go Contact Sync which seems to work on Outlook 2007 but not 2003.

Am I therefore overcomplicating this? I know I can sync via the Blackberry desktop software which I am doing at the moment, but would like it a bit more automated!

And it would get me some severe brownie points with my MD!!

Thanks for any help

Simon
    07-31-09 01:49 PM
    I have been struggling with the Outlook -> Google connection for contacts. Things I have discovered is you must purge your records of everything that will not sync correctly: contacts with no contact information, eliminate any non square picture IDs, other misc things. That will make that syncing a little better but the quality just isn't there. Granted contacts are a lot more complicated than calendars with the variable numbers of phones.

Why not get the syncing between your server and BES fixed? Are you only concerned with contacts and calendars and not tasks?
    07-31-09 02:08 PM
    Cavingjan when you say you have been struggling with Outlook to google contacts, how have you been doing it? I cannot find a solution at all.

I think the issues are that we use Server 2008 and that is not compatible with BES. But dont quote me on that as I cannot find the email detailing that at present!

Cheers

Simon
    07-31-09 03:00 PM
    It sorta works. Contacts fail to sync but others do. The biggest problem (and the real reason why I discontinued constant us of it) is that it would no longer allow me to log off my computer (or restart or shutdown). It locked something and just wouldn't let go unless I manually turned off the program.
    07-31-09 07:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD