I'm about to add another Blackberry to my stable (1 work, 1 play), so I will have one for each hand.

Any issues anyone is aware of in using a single PC, single instance of Desktop Manager, and syncing 2 different Blackberries? Any Outlook interface issues?

Any issues with backup files? I'm guessing they will go to the same back-up folder on the PC unless manually pointed elsewhere, and if to the same folder then better rename file so I can tell which device the backup is from.

Does DM know how to tell them apart with PIN recognition? Can the sync profile be different for each device, or will it need to be manually changed each time a different device is sync'd?

Anyone encountered issues with multiple Blackberries accessing the same email accounts via BIS? (Only 1 of them will have BES).
    03-18-08 12:06 PM
    Did you get the second device and use the DM to snyc the nee new device?

I ask because I am now with Verizon and my phone is CDMA. My workis begining to require me to travel internationally. I was in Panama last week and my BB was useless to me. I am thinkin about getting another BB for international use only but I wanted to see if multiple devices could be used with one DM.

Anything you could offer is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    08-05-08 01:22 PM
    I don't sync to Outlook so I'll leave that to someone else.

As long as you have the OS's for each device installed
    on the PC you will have no problems. DM will recognize
    the devices by PIN and work accordingly.

As to the backups, create separate folders for each device
    and simply point to it when making the backups.
    08-05-08 01:39 PM
    Any tips for keeping the calendar and address book updated between multiple Blackberries?

I have a personal blackberry for managing personal email accounts via a BIS server and my company is about to hand me a blackberry using a BES server. I'd like to keep the calendards and address books updated among my mail server and both blackberries. Since email is handled synchronously via the BES server, I'm confident calendar and address book entries will be synched there, but how do I ensure the same changes are made on my personal blackberry which would have to sync those features via the desktop manager?

Also, is there a different desktop manager by blackberry type? Does the 8330 use a different desktop manager than the 8310?

Brice
    09-23-08 02:41 PM
    I'm about to add another Blackberry to my stable (1 work, 1 play), so I will have one for each hand.

Any issues anyone is aware of in using a single PC, single instance of Desktop Manager, and syncing 2 different Blackberries? Any Outlook interface issues?

Any issues with backup files? I'm guessing they will go to the same back-up folder on the PC unless manually pointed elsewhere, and if to the same folder then better rename file so I can tell which device the backup is from.

Does DM know how to tell them apart with PIN recognition? Can the sync profile be different for each device, or will it need to be manually changed each time a different device is sync'd?

Anyone encountered issues with multiple Blackberries accessing the same email accounts via BIS? (Only 1 of them will have BES).
    It gets complicated when you mix BIS and BES.

As a rule of thumb, you can mix multiple BES BBs if you use a different Outlook Profile for each.

I use a separate DM installs for my BIS berry and my work BES berry to avoid cross contamination (one is a BIS install, second is BES).

So when i plug in my BIS berry it doesn't try to hook into my work outlook profile and try to replace my work BB with my personal.

These days i don't even use the BES DM. only have BIS installed and i maintain (OS upgrades) 5 or 6 berries on it.
    09-23-08 03:23 PM
    Any tips for keeping the calendar and address book updated between multiple Blackberries?

I have a personal blackberry for managing personal email accounts via a BIS server and my company is about to hand me a blackberry using a BES server. I'd like to keep the calendards and address books updated among my mail server and both blackberries. Since email is handled synchronously via the BES server, I'm confident calendar and address book entries will be synched there, but how do I ensure the same changes are made on my personal blackberry which would have to sync those features via the desktop manager?

Also, is there a different desktop manager by blackberry type? Does the 8330 use a different desktop manager than the 8310?

Brice
    you might want to check with your IT admin if your corp policy allows you to have work related data on your personal BB. Most companies i've worked with make you sign "the waiver of death"; which basically allows you to have your personal berry on the corp BES BUT will allow the IT department to kill your BB incase you quit or get fired.
    09-23-08 03:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD