hello!! I am a confessed addict, but a newbie to this site. my company recently upgraded me to the 7800 and I have a problem. When trying to log into the enterprise instsant messenger (windows app) I need to enter my domain \ username..I cannot do this bcz the darn backslash is missing!!! it is just NOT THERE. Along woth about half of the other symbols. I even typed it into an e-mail to myslef and tried to cut and paste...but when I did it stripped out the backslash. Any ideas?? please help!
    05-03-07 12:16 AM
    Welcome.

Sorry to hear your issues, but have you tried a batter pull?

Otherwise an OS reload might be an idea?
    05-03-07 02:10 AM
    On that particular model, is there not a 'sym' button? When you press it you have no 'backslash'? Very weird; what about pressing it twice? Sometimes 'sym' has two pages...

hello!! I am a confessed addict, but a newbie to this site. my company recently upgraded me to the 7800 and I have a problem. When trying to log into the enterprise instsant messenger (windows app) I need to enter my domain \ username..I cannot do this bcz the darn backslash is missing!!! it is just NOT THERE. Along woth about half of the other symbols. I even typed it into an e-mail to myslef and tried to cut and paste...but when I did it stripped out the backslash. Any ideas?? please help!
    05-03-07 04:21 AM
    I tried pressing sym twice, and this is the second OS load. Nothing works! when in e-mail the '\" shows up no prob. It is only missing when I am trying to log into enterprise instant messenger. ( along with half the other symbols)
    05-03-07 12:10 PM
    im having this problem to. i noticed it after i installed windows vista theme
    05-10-08 04:27 PM
    Hi there,

I tried to get that key: press twice the sym key, alt G letter, hold shift and press space key, but I am not able to get \ backslash key. Do you know how to get that key in order to access Enterprice Messenger.

Regards,
    06-17-08 03:34 PM
    Here's what I found today (not sure if this applies to you but it might?)

IF you have all three fields, this may work (did for me):

Sign-In name: name @ company.com
    User name: domain\name
    password: whatever it is.

You can ONLY enter a backslash in the User name field. NO backslash is allowed in the Sign-In name field, therefore it will not appear anywhere on any symbol page using any font, Alt keys, etc. As per my IT department, Verizon, and RIM. It was only a matter of getting the right combination/syntax correct.

Regards and good luck.
    05-19-09 02:36 PM
    I had the same thing happening to a user and it was because she was using BBJapanese. It kept coming up with the Yen symbol. Changed it back to BB sans and everything's good!
    11-01-11 01:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD