Well here goes...I have had the Torch since its launch on AT&T and have really tried to love it, I wanted to love it, but the bottom line is...I don't. I like it, but I have issues with the small physical leyboard which I find to be cramped and difficult to type on. The virtual keyboard is all but useless to me since I can't seem to type anything without constant mistakes. Keep in mind, I'm not bashing RIM or the Torch, it is is great device, its just not the device that best works for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-10 09:17 AM
    Had a 9700, tried the torch...... didn't care for it. Went to 9780 and its the best move i made, This form factor is the 1 for me. You will be happy you did switch when you get it.
    11-25-10 09:38 AM
    I'm with you on this one. My 9800 has been handed down to my son who thinks it's super cool. As you stated, it's an alright device just not my cup of tea so to speak. Look for the 9780 on AT&T soon. )
    11-25-10 09:56 AM
    Oddly enough I actually like the 9800 quite a lot. So much so that I just sold my
    9700 as I don't envision a single scenario where I would use it instead of the 9800.

I like the physical keyboard quite a lot, type very fast and accurately on it and
    don't find it in any way cramped. The virtual keyboard I agree is useless.
    11-25-10 10:16 AM
    Buy a used 9700 to get reaquainted with the keyboard and resell it... Cheaper and the 9700 w iBerry4 is what I prefer over os6 until iberry4 comes out for the 9780. I will have the get a chrome bezel though if I do go 9780... But I'm happy with this and hopefully the touchscreen Bold 3 will come out next year...

11-25-10 10:49 AM
    I'm sure that ebay has some super cheap 9700's so just a thought!

11-25-10 10:56 AM
    I know a lot of people love the Torch and consider it the new "flagship" device from RIM and that's cool that it works for them. Believe me I really wanted to love it, I waited paitiently for its release so I could update the crappy OS it was released with

Now I'm waiting patiently for AT&T to release the 9780 so I can update its OS too. I had the 9700 and absolutely loved it. It was by far the best blackberry I have ever owned, but I saw the Torch and thought hmmm, this looks special, I must have it. So I sold my 9700 and here I am now wanting to pass off the Torch. Again, I'm not bashing it, it is a good blackberry, just not the one for me and my needs. One more thing...Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow berrians. Be safe, be well.

11-25-10 12:38 PM
    The keyboard will be similar if not the same on the 9780 so I'm not sure anything will improve by much. If you make mistakes on the virtual keyboard on the Torch you should be making them quite a bit on the iPhone as well.

11-26-10 01:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD