Feasible....100 %
    02-08-12 11:04 AM
    Feasible....100 %
    For some reason my complete original text isn't showing up. Main quesdtion is: if both BB's are unlocked and the SIMS are switched how do the BB's behave? That is, is it as simple as the BB's billing/usage goes to the other SIM account with no impact on functionality? I assume the phone numbers are switched but does data and email remain working with the original BB since it is tied to the pin???
    02-08-12 11:09 AM
    Do you want to swap 2 sims from different carriers to 2 devices? or have 1 sim from one carrier to switch on 2 devices?
    02-08-12 11:36 AM
    Drop sim in and go.
    02-08-12 11:46 AM
    On the newer phones, the BBM, email and etc is tied to the BlackBerryID, not the PIN. When you switch the sim, the new phone will ask you to login to BlackBerryID. That will then initiate the switch of BlackBerry services to the new phone. You will need to setup the email on the new phone. Your BBM should work as usual, but you may find it takes a while for the new PIN to propagate to your contacts or you may have to re-invite some contacts.

The old phone will not work with a new sim unless you login with your BlackBerryID (if you do that the BBMs will start going there again) or do a security wipe and use another BlackBerryID on it.
    Last edited by robsteve; 02-08-12 at 12:56 PM.
    02-08-12 12:50 PM
    Drop sim in and go.
    Not quite that simple but not difficult either.

1. Pop in the sim.

2. Register on the network. Host routing table in options (if it
    doesn't automatically).

3. Move email to the new device with the email setup app and wait for
    sync activation (assuming you sync calendar/contacts).

4. Log into app world to activate apps on the new pin.

5. Log into BBM to activate delivery to the new pin and recover
    contact list if necessary. (always hit or miss for me, I generally had
    to reinvite contacts).

Takes a few minutes to hours depending on sync activation, I've waited
    3 hours for it to complete before.

I used to do this daily so had the steps down.

The nice thing is that once you complete these steps delivery stops to the old device, UNLIKE IMESSAGE!!!!!!!
    Last edited by xandermac; 02-08-12 at 01:06 PM.
    Afro_Knight likes this.
    02-08-12 01:00 PM
    Thanks for the steps xandermac!
    02-08-12 04:33 PM
    Not quite that simple but not difficult either.

1. Pop in the sim.

2. Register on the network. Host routing table in options (if it
    doesn't automatically).

3. Move email to the new device with the email setup app and wait for
    sync activation (assuming you sync calendar/contacts).

4. Log into app world to activate apps on the new pin.

5. Log into BBM to activate delivery to the new pin and recover
    contact list if necessary. (always hit or miss for me, I generally had
    to reinvite contacts).

Takes a few minutes to hours depending on sync activation, I've waited
    3 hours for it to complete before.

I used to do this daily so had the steps down.

The nice thing is that once you complete these steps delivery stops to the old device, UNLIKE IMESSAGE!!!!!!!
    Why are you doing all that? I don't have to do that with my 2 sim cards. The most I've had to do was log in.
    Now when I switch my att sim card between 2 different blackberrys I have to swap everthing to that blackberry. But when your swapping sims cards and not devices you don't have to do all of that. At least I don't.
    02-08-12 05:44 PM
    Why are you doing all that? I don't have to do that with my 2 sim cards. The most I've had to do was log in.
    Now when I switch my att sim card between 2 different blackberrys I have to swap everthing to that blackberry. But when your swapping sims cards and not devices you don't have to do all of that. At least I don't.

I think the OP is asking about switching his SIM between devices, rather than multiple SiMs in the same device. Isn't he? Maybe I'm misunderstanding.

It's what I had to do to get everything working when I swapped my sim between devices. I had 7 or so blackberries at any given time and swapped between them often. I was on t-mobile at the time, perhaps the networks have different capabilities.
    02-08-12 05:53 PM
    I think the OP is asking about switching his SIM between devices, rather than multiple SiMs in the same device. Isn't he? Maybe I'm misunderstanding.

It's what I had to do to get everything working when I swapped my sim between devices. I had 7 or so blackberries at any given time and swapped between them often. I was on t-mobile at the time, perhaps the networks have different capabilities.
    I took it as 2 sims 1 blackberry. Yes when you swap sim to another blackberry you have to register. I just log in to app world. I don't have to mess w/ any settings.
    I don't swap as much now as I use to.
    02-08-12 06:20 PM
    With 2 unlocked GSM/HSPA BB's it should automatically register if you are on the correct rate plan.
    02-08-12 08:59 PM
    I took it as 2 sims 1 blackberry. Yes when you swap sim to another blackberry you have to register. I just log in to app world. I don't have to mess w/ any settings.
    I don't swap as much now as I use to.
    What I am trying to do is use 2 sims on 2 BBs, keep the email, programs and settings on the same BB after the SIM swaps (i.e. don't switch), but just change which (SIM) account the billing for a particular BB goes to.
    02-09-12 01:29 AM
    What I am trying to do is use 2 sims on 2 BBs, keep the email, programs and settings on the same BB after the SIM swaps (i.e. don't switch), but just change which (SIM) account the billing for a particular BB goes to.
    This is going to be more trouble (kinda) than your going to want to do. Everytime you switch blackberrys w/ the sim your goinv to have to rerigster. Which will be automatic. Then go into app world. Can I ask why? There might be a easier route.
    02-09-12 01:59 AM
    The sim is connecting your Blackberry to the carrier, but then using the carrier your Blackberry used with RIM servers for some data services and that's where the problem is, just switching the SIM will be good for calls and SMS but to get data you need to setup it correctly, sometimes even reinstall services books.
    02-09-12 06:35 AM
    The sim is connecting your Blackberry to the carrier, but then using the carrier your Blackberry used with RIM servers for some data services and that's where the problem is, just switching the SIM will be good for calls and SMS but to get data you need to setup it correctly, sometimes even reinstall services books.
    Here's the deal:
    1)Have an older company BB on BES that is extremely locked down (can't install anything on it, can't link a personal email account to it etc.) and thus isn't used much (kind of a glorified 1990s era pager!), but oddly has a great data plan (unlimited data).
    2) Have a new personal BB (9900!!!) on BIS that is wide open but with a fairly small data plan.

Would like to be able to on occasion when I don't need access for work (basically all off hours) stick my company SIM in the 9900 and take advantage of its data plan (would swap the SIMs back if I needed to make a personal call). As you might guess I'm reluctant to ask my company BB admin re this!
    02-09-12 07:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD