I have a Sony Ericsson walkman, and the screen is totally screwed up. It'll go black whenever you slide it shut, the colors will go psychadelic and the image on the screen will be fuzzy & distorted, and it'll just flip the image on the screen around. I bought it new and I've had it since june.
    It's a GoPhone.

I've got a friend that is getting a new phone in a couple weeks, and she has a Curve and she said that I can just have it.

So I was wondering if I could take my SIM card in the Sony and put it in her Curve? Would it still work, or would I have to buy a brand new phone?
    I'd really hate to spend a lot of money on a new phone...ya know?
    03-20-09 05:37 PM
    I would think that if her curve is unlocked you can use that sim card. Without a BIS plan you wont be able to use the email feature.
    03-20-09 05:51 PM
    It should work if you both have the same phone company. Like rlp32 said, you can also do it if the phone is unlocked (if you dont have the same carriers).
    03-20-09 06:16 PM
    A couple of other things to add.

It will work if the Curve is a GSM Curve. It won't work if it's a CDMA Curve.

Also, if the phone isn't unlocked and if you have a different carrier from your friend, you will need to have the phone unlocked.

And lastly, in addition to not getting push email, if you don't have a BlackBerry Data Plan, you will not get internet access, IM, or any data functions with the exception of a few that you can access via WiFi if it is an 8230.
    03-20-09 06:16 PM
    Would I still be able to get the BB plan even if I use my Gophone sim card?
    03-22-09 01:12 AM
    Sure, just ask your carrier to add it to your plan. Then you'll need to set it up.
    Lecture 4: The Basics of Setting Up Your BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    03-22-09 01:19 AM
    I don't know if you can have the GoPhone plan with a Blackberry, but you can try and ask your carrier.

But Motorcycle_mama is right. You need to check if it is a CDMA device or GSM device because a CDMA device will not work with a GSM carrier and vice versa.

Are you in the states? What carrier do you have? If you are in the states and have Sprint/Verizon/Alltel, your carrier is CDMA. If you have at&t/T-Mobile its GSM.

You then need to see if the Curve your friend is giving you is CDMA or GSM. If it is the 8300, 8310 or 8320, its GSM. If its the 8330 its CDMA.

You don't need a data plan to use the phone/txt/MMS, but it is needed for e-mail, IM, internet, and certain other blackberry features.

Hope this helps
    03-22-09 01:53 AM
    As far as I know, if it's CDMA it won't have a sim card.
    03-22-09 02:49 AM
    I got my BB8820 bought locked to a certain provider and i paid online to unlock my BB and unlocking was successfull new SIM from new provider with BIS subcription works fine browsing, chats etc.. workinf fine except to my email accounts that i setup when i am still using my old providers SIM, it seems that since i changed my SIM with new BIS subscription from other providers was stop sending and receiving emails hope you could help to my problem i am thinking to upgrade to Version 4.5 to wipe out all the previous emails and data that i made in my BB so that i can start from scratch with my new SIM. will it help or not?
    03-22-09 04:46 AM
    I got my BB8820 bought locked to a certain provider and i paid online to unlock my BB and unlocking was successfull new SIM from new provider with BIS subcription works fine browsing, chats etc.. workinf fine except to my email accounts that i setup when i am still using my old providers SIM, it seems that since i changed my SIM with new BIS subscription from other providers was stop sending and receiving emails hope you could help to my problem i am thinking to upgrade to Version 4.5 to wipe out all the previous emails and data that i made in my BB so that i can start from scratch with my new SIM. will it help or not?
    Welcome!
    There's a couple things you could try, but I'm curious. You say you have emails on your BB now, did it work before?
    Rerun the email set up from your BB.
    If that still doesn't do it then go to options, advanced, host routing table, press Menu key, select register. This will resend your Service Books. Then pull your battery with the phone on, wait 30 seconds and reinstall it.
    If that doesn't get it, check your carrier's BIS site to confirm your on there. You may have to contact them to get it squared away.
    To answer your statement about wiping out all previous emails with the upgrade, it shouldn't, unless you don't back up during the process.
    Last edited by BigBadWolf; 03-22-09 at 07:28 AM. Reason: battery pull
    03-22-09 07:16 AM
    Your pin is what determines where BIS sends email. Lets say you have company"A" before and had a BIS account. Everything worked. When you went to company"B" you had to setup the BIS account associated with your pin. Your pin can only be registered with one company's BIS at a time. If you are going to switch between companies like that I would think your going to have to log into each BIS everytime you switch and update your pin then send service books. Though I am not sure your going to be able to keep switching companies like this. Could be wrong though. I switch devices all the time but I am using the same provider each time.
    03-22-09 07:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD