I just dread the thought of it. I have the Priv now and nothing beats the efficiency of using a PKB for me. How has it been for those who have recently made the switch? I feel like BlackBerry has one of if not the best vkb with the swiping feature. How long does it take if ever to get over the feel of a physical keyboard and (i assume) making more mistakes using a VKB?

"PKB"
    10-12-16 07:53 AM
    It depends on you and how often do you type on your phone. No one will tell you something like: "Oh ok, it will tak about 5 days and you will be a pro in typing on VKB".

I've just moved from Android VKB to PKB in Passport SE, and PKB is PKB. Personally I prefer PKB over the VKB, not onle because of the "clicky" expierence but also because of the less typos when typing and my typing speed is faster than on VKB.
    10-12-16 08:01 AM
    I just dread the thought of it. I have the Priv now and nothing beats the efficiency of using a PKB for me. How has it been for those who have recently made the switch? I feel like BlackBerry has one of if not the best vkb with the swiping feature. How long does it take if ever to get over the feel of a physical keyboard and (i assume) making more mistakes using a VKB?

"PKB"
    I found it doesn't take long provided you are sending regular sentences. Using the BB vkb, you just need to get to the point where you "trust" the prediction. As it learns, it gets better.

That said, for my work I need to use lots of symbols - real symbols, not emoji's.. For that, no vkb has worked well, so it's a pkb for me. If I get to the point where I can only get a touch device, will likely need to carry 2.
    10-12-16 08:13 AM
    There's a trade off between PKB and multimedia experience. They tried to bridge it with the Passport and then the Priv but to me both those devices are too big and clumsy. If you need PKB and multimedia you really need to have two phones, or one phone and a tablet I think.
    ardakca likes this.
    10-12-16 08:22 AM
    The vkb for you would be like the pkb was for me. At first I just wasn't very good at it and exceptionally slow. Once I learned how to hold the phone and got used to the pkb it went pretty good. I'm still faster with BlackBerry vkb but I make fewer mistakes on the pkb. The BlackBerry vkb is by far the best one available anywhere in my opinion. It's one of the myriad of reasons I chose the priv when I went back to android. So practice practice practice. Make yourself use the vkb and soon you will be proficient
    10-12-16 08:44 AM
    it took me type 1 chapter of book to get use to z10 VKB... it got self learning (sort of AI)... it got better to predict what I want to say it was very scary (you can swipe after, and really became mind reader of somesort... I have to slow it down to make sure what ever i sent out was I really mean... competing with your thought process)... not sure about droid version of the BB VKB (I think it might be in the BB10 OS software of the self learning capability).
    10-12-16 12:17 PM
    You will get used to it.. in about a week or 2.

However, what you may find is that you become less likely to type out longer emails / messages on the go..

You could experiment with the priv and try without the PKB for that time.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-16 12:26 PM
    If I type longer stuff like I sometimes do here, I tend to use the pkb but prior to my priv, I did it with my z30 vkb. The Android BlackBerry vkb is just as good as the bb10 one is. I switched to bb10 from using android and never having a BlackBerry before that. I fell in love with the bb10 vkb inside of 2 hours. It's so much smoother and more accurate. The flicking makes thins so much faster once it learns your style
    10-12-16 12:32 PM
    You will get used to it.. in about a week or 2.

However, what you may find is that you become less likely to type out longer emails / messages on the go..

You could experiment with the priv and try without the PKB for that time.

Posted via CB10
    So true when I look at all the messages I get that were "Sent from my iPhone"... :-)

�   "BB10 dead?" - "Let's dance the Danse MacaBBRY! ... or is it..?" ;-D   �
    10-15-16 04:44 PM
    I love the vkb on my z10 for my personal phone.It certainly makes one handed operation possible. One handed operation on a q10 is nearly impossible.

Posted via CB App for Android on Tab4 (interim Playbook replacement)
    10-15-16 10:12 PM
    There's a trade off between PKB and multimedia experience. They tried to bridge it with the Passport and then the Priv but to me both those devices are too big and clumsy. If you need PKB and multimedia you really need to have two phones, or one phone and a tablet I think.
    My experience as well. After using the 9900 and then the Q10, I had a lousy time transitioning to the big screen phone vkb-only phones. Nothing beats pkb for tactile feel and accuracy without relying on autocorrect.

However, since I had grown to rely on apps more and more, I ended up having to carry an android slab and a Q10 for pkb productivity. I just purchase a Priv and I'm now seriously thinking about ditching my Samsung Note.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-15-16 11:09 PM