Hello,

Fairly quick question I believe. I have a Blackberry Bold 9780 that at exactly the 2 year mark and the contract ending some of the pixels on the display have died - no way to restore them. Outer screen is fine, inside LED is failing. Screen/phone and all its faculties are still usable yet the marred black dead pixels make looking at pictures or reading emails difficult.

I have a backup Blackberry Pearl Flip I believe 8220 cannot remember, the **** dial phone commercial one.

My question is if I switch to the older Pearl Flip will I lose applications such as VLINGO, Ispeech Translator? Will I have access to Blackberry World without having to go to the Browser Icon to get to it? In short can I put everything as far as games and apps installed on the Pearl Flip so it works just like my Bold did or is there some things I will lose between versions? Such as Video Camera, etc.?

What about speed to, is this phone just going to be ridiculously slower, not just for browsing yet switching between applications and programs?

Thank you,

Patrick McClain
    06-12-13 09:37 PM
    Hello and welcome to the forums.. My suggestion is to back up and restore to the new phone. If it works great, if not your other phone is still active. Do both phones use SIM cards?
    06-12-13 09:41 PM
    Yes, sorry it is Tmobile, both use SIM Cards. I have a backup already of the Bold that I did like a week ago, I just do not know whether the Pearl Flip being an older model can actually handle all the things that Bold can, and if it can even do it at the same speed.
    06-12-13 09:45 PM