Well I finally ordered a Bold 9700 with AT&T. I had been contemplating trying a BB since the Curve came out. I've been using smartphones since the early Treo's came out and have mainly switched between Palm OS, Windows Mobile, and Symbian S60 phones. But I couldn't ignore everyone talking about BB so thought I'd try one for myself.

While I'm here I also had a few questions. I'm on AT&T and may want to switch my SIM card into another smartphone sometimes. Will data work on the BB with a non-BIS plan? Will a BIS data plan work in my Nokia E71 for example?

Also I'm big on using the PIM features, specifically the calendar and tasks. What applications are among the best calendar software for the BB? I really would like a calendar that lets me set categories for appointments and then easily filter the view to see only events from a certain category.

Am I right in assuming the 9700 comes with a document editor and threaded SMS?

Well looking forward to using the forum some more, thanks.
    03-31-10 05:33 PM
    Welcome to Blackberry Nation, I'm sure you'll love it. I don't know the answers to all of your questions, but I'll answer the ones that I know.

The native calendar application is very good. You can have multiple calendars which will all show up normally, but you can filter the view to show only one. I imagine this would accomplish what you are trying to do.

The 9700 does have threaded SMS. Blackberries also come with Documents To Go, which supposedly lets you edit MS Office documents, although I have never used it.

Good luck!
    03-31-10 06:04 PM
    Welcome to blackberry, hope you enjoy it. A data plan is required for a blackberry and a BIS won't work on a Nokia phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-10 06:07 PM

Am I right in assuming the 9700 comes with a document editor and threaded SMS?
    Yes yuhh are right that it does; that's about all I can answer for your questions. Lol. But welcome am sure you'll get all yuhhr answers in no time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-10 06:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD