Okay, so I broke down and only three months into my 8310 curve I want a Bold. If I use DM, can I switch from the Curve to the Bold and keep all of my app settings (I have Docs to Go Premium so can I just trensfer it or do i need to re license?), etc. I will do what I have to but I will feel much better about this if I can just run DM and let it install my already existing stuff to the Bold. I know my PIM stuff is okay, just wondering about the apps.....and yes, I know the OS version is different.

Thanks
    03-08-09 12:04 AM
    The Bold will run a bunch of the same apps as the Curve, but many of them are different, and all their settings are lost when all you back up is the 3rd party software itself. I've not tried to load a full Curve backup onto my Bold, but I can't imagine it is a recomended procedure. Too many settings depend on the OS. When I switched, I sent myself an e-mail with all links to OTAs of all the apps I use. I did a Google sync, swapped SIM cards, installed Google sync and Gmail, and started clicking the links I emailed myself. The whole process of getting the Bold to where my Curve had been took less than 2 hours, and I didn't mind because it was time spent getting acquainted with my new phone (which I love; you're making a good decision).

As far as software licenses, it's up to the company you bought the software from whether they want to let you transfer the license to a new device, but I'd be surprised if you e-mailed a company explaining your situation and they said you have to buy the software again after only 3 months use.
    Last edited by digitalb0y; 03-08-09 at 05:45 AM.
    03-08-09 05:42 AM
    That's what I figured. I already feel the pain of having bought a $20 single device license for BeeJive....instead of the $30 all the devices you want license.
    03-08-09 10:26 AM
    Bee jive wont let you change the device? Most app companies will let you switch devices.
    03-08-09 10:42 AM
    No that's why there are 2 prices.
    1 for that pin# only for 10 dollars cheaper. Or you could pay the 30 and get it so you can transfer it to how ever many phones you have over the yrs

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-09 11:17 AM
    Oh, I never used beejive anyway. But thats kinda crappy.
    03-08-09 11:21 AM
    Just changed from Curve to Bold YESTERDAY.

I had the full multi-device license for BeeJive, and transfered no problem with no charge. However, I noticed I had a different version on my Curve then I was able to download on my Bold. No worries, though. Works fine.

I know it's only been one day, but my Bold and I are getting along famously!
    Last edited by weirdlilberry; 03-08-09 at 03:57 PM.
    03-08-09 11:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD