I'm about to pickup a new AT&T BlackBerry Passport in a few hours. Currently I'm with Verizon so I'll need to terminate and pay the ETF's. I guess my question is, how long until all Verizon is deactivated and AT&T is up an running? I've been told anywhere from 5 mins to 72 hours. Does that mean I need to carry both phones? Thanks for any insight.
    02-22-15 05:39 AM
    From my experience here in Malaysia when I changed provider, the new provider give me the simcard and I use the old provider until I got the message that my number not active, then I change my simcard put the new one and activate it

Hope it help

Ps took me around 15 minutes till I got the message my porting number has been successfully
    02-22-15 05:48 AM
    You must FIRST activate the new phone on AT&T and request your number to be ported over. Typically that takes 1-4 hours to complete (you'll need your account number and any pin or password from your Verizon account to perform the port). Once the port is complete, that line is terminated at Verizon, and any amount still owed should be billed to you at that time.

Do NOT try to turn off Verizon first, or you'll lose your number. A phone number has to be active in order to be ported.
    02-22-15 12:44 PM
    When I ported from T-Mo to AT&T it only took like 10 minutes. You have to make sure you do NOT cancel your service with Verizon before you activate your account with AT&T because then you will lose your phone number. AT&T must port it over.
    02-22-15 02:12 PM
    Do NOT try to turn off Verizon first, or you'll lose your number. A phone number has to be active in order to be ported.
    This... Well technically you don't have to. While you can request a specific number (ie.. Your old number), you run the risk of it getting scooped up before your being able to reacquire it.

Penned via Tapatalk
    02-22-15 02:59 PM