I have been with Apple for just over a year now. I am switching my iPhone 4S over to a BB Q10. I need to know a few things from experienced users of the BB Q10.

First question: Is the OS more versatile than the iPhone?

Second question: Is the overall experience better than an iPhone or droid?

Third question: How can I get the Nova Launcher for the BB Q10 and will it mess up my phone? Should I even use it?
    11-28-13 03:20 PM
    What do you use your phone for? Both platforms are very polished and well designed/laid out.

The Q10 will lack in several apps so I will check on those first. But aside from that it's an excellent communication device.

Clear call reception, excellent messaging layout and management. Fantastic keyboard. I chose to stay with my Z10 for the screen but the Q was a compelling device as well even though I find it uggo.

My 4s has yet to win me over.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 04:04 PM
    I use my iPhone for Facebook and Twitter mostly. Calling my folks, using FaceTime and texting. Yesterday I downloaded CB Forums. I had also downloaded BBM but didn't have anyone to message.

I know that BB has something equivalent to FaceTime but I know it only works from BB to BB.

I really wanted a more organized and professional phone so I started looking at BB's. I saw that Q10 has a physical keyboard and that suits me fine because I like to take a lot of notes.
    11-28-13 05:04 PM
    The Q10 offers Skype as well, but yes for now BBM Video is just BB to BB.

Basically for what you described, aside from FaceTime, I think you will find the Q10 a great fit. Plus now people on other platforms can have BBM so you can just add any friend you like!
    11-29-13 12:22 AM
    I have an iPhone 5 and a Z10, I have been looking to trade my iPhone for a Q10 and haven't found any takers... that should tell you something, I've been looking for several weeks
    11-29-13 12:28 AM
    Facebook and twitter are integrated. The BB OS definitely handles communication better. The BB hub is amazing and the LED notification light can be addictive.
    Last edited by propeller10; 11-29-13 at 01:27 AM.
    teafordgang likes this.
    11-29-13 12:31 AM
    BBM voice and BBM video are also coming to iOS and Android eventually too so that would be more cross platform than Facetime.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 12:35 AM
    I will warn you that the facebook app for BlackBerry Q10 is horrid at the moment and really needs some fine tuning. Most importantly with the notifications.

Q10
    11-29-13 12:44 AM
    considering you are coming from 4s the q10 will be a great upgrade in below points

1.Build quality highly premium
    2.Communication excellence personified
    3.Very fast flash supported browser
    4.OS super intuitive and productive if 10.2 loaded
    5.Excellent battery life

Downgrade aspects

1.Apps
    11-29-13 12:46 AM
    I use my iPhone for Facebook and Twitter mostly. Calling my folks, using FaceTime and texting. Yesterday I downloaded CB Forums. I had also downloaded BBM but didn't have anyone to message.
    I'm a big iPhone fan, and I've never used a BlackBerry, so I can't comment on the user experience, but just from what you've said, the physical keyboard of the Q10 might be a good fit for you. I guess you'll have to decide whether you want to give up FaceTime, though.
    11-29-13 01:08 AM
    I have been with Apple for just over a year now. I am switching my iPhone 4S over to a BB Q10. I need to know a few things from experienced users of the BB Q10.

Third question: How can I get the Nova Launcher for the BB Q10 and will it mess up my phone? Should I even use it?
    Ad 1) I would def say yes to that one. Looking at the dictionary : "versatile, adjective
    1. capable of or adapted for turning easily from one to another of various tasks"
    Switching between stuff with ease and fluidity is definitely one of the things OS10 does extremely well.
    Ad 2) because of (1) and because of the general feel of the OS, yes to that one. I hate life when I pick up my wifes iphone and try to do something.
    Ad 3) Nova Launcher was my goto launcher when doing android. I wouldn't bother but thats just me ))

Using Q10
    11-29-13 01:26 AM
    considering you are coming from 4s the q10 will be a great upgrade in below points

1.Build quality highly premium
    2.Communication excellence personified
    3.Very fast flash supported browser
    4.OS super intuitive and productive if 10.2 loaded
    5.Excellent battery life

Downgrade aspects

1.Apps
    This sums it up.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 01:52 AM

Droid is a good experience imo. Also, android will run that launcher way better than a q10 will as I've ran that launcher on my q10 and several android phones and seen the differences.

Let me say this - I've had the latest androids and have had the q since it released in the US. I'm on the q10 atm and am fully eligible for a new phone right now. Yet I don't really want anything else atm. Build quality is a big deal to me and the big android phone makers seem to lack that. I refuse to buy a phone with quality control issues and or the same design that repeats (galaxy phones). If that Sony mini makes it to my carrier, I'll give it a try though.

(I've had a galaxy s4 and a LG g2 as recent androids)

If you want a phone that just works and works great as a communication device, the q10 is that phone imo.

Q10
    11-29-13 04:11 AM
    Thank you everybody for the input. I think I've made my choice though. I really wanted the Q10 but I have been watching videos and have elected to go with the Z10. Sorry my post was premature. But I posted before I thought I would want the Z10. I know it's roughly the same phone just without the physical keyboard and with a larger screen. I love the BB Hub. Great idea.
    11-29-13 08:57 AM
    The Z10 is a great device too. I had the Z before I got my Q. You'll love it.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 09:14 AM
    Thank you everybody for the input. I think I've made my choice though. I really wanted the Q10 but I have been watching videos and have elected to go with the Z10. Sorry my post was premature. But I posted before I thought I would want the Z10. I know it's roughly the same phone just without the physical keyboard and with a larger screen. I love the BB Hub. Great idea.
    I was just gonna suggest a Z10, you should also check the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 09:30 AM
    I saw a Z30 model on display at Radio Shack. It looked pretty dope. I'll probably watch a couple YouTube reviews to get a better idea.
    11-29-13 09:34 AM
    I saw a Z30 model on display at Radio Shack. It looked pretty dope. I'll probably watch a couple YouTube reviews to get a better idea.
    I think you definitely should take a long look at the Z30. I had the Z10 from day one, and I thought it was a great device. However, now that I've upgraded to the Z30, it definitely is a much higher quality device over the Z10. If you're looking for a good strong professional build, then the Z30 is the device for you. The Z30 comes with more options than the Z10. Things like Wifi direct, Miracast, higher end speakers, 5" screen, USB support. In all honesty, when I pick up a Z10, now that I have a Z30, the Z10 almost feels cheap in comparison. Not that it is a cheap device, but when I hold my Z30 in 1 hand and Z10 in the other, the Z30 feels and looks far superior!
    11-29-13 09:46 AM
    For real on the z30. If my carrier had it, I'd do it.

Q10
    11-29-13 09:50 AM
    I currently have BBM on my iPhone so here's my pin: 7B331BD4
    11-29-13 09:51 AM
    For real on the z30. If my carrier had it, I'd do it.

Q10
    I have sprint so I think they have it. Is it a better buy than Z10?
    11-29-13 09:52 AM
    Since u want to get a z10, I suggest you take a look a the z30..

Via my Z30&Q10
    11-29-13 09:53 AM
    And just to add to what others have said. iphone does have facetime, which is the equivalent to BBM Video. Facetime is iphone to iphone, just like BBM video is BB to BB. Now with BBM being cross platform, all your iphone/android users can download BBM. BBM video is slated to come to BBM for iphone/android soon.

As for apps....I know people say BB is lacking apps, but in my opinion, there is nothing out there that I am missing on my Z30. I have many apps, including netflix, instagram, which are some of the bigger apps people wanted. I user Skype alot of my Z30, which is awesome with the big 5" screen. Skype can be an alternative to facetime as it is available for all platforms.

Wait till you watch a video on the Z30 using the awesome speakers is has! You'll be very pleasently surprised. The speakers and audio quality on the Z30 is unmatched.
    11-29-13 09:54 AM
    I have sprint so I think they have it. Is it a better buy than Z10?
    Z30 is definitely a higher quality device over the Z10. The Z30 is considered BB's flagship device.
    11-29-13 09:56 AM
    So I understand that the z30 is the better of the two models? Now I'm going to have to research the z30 and find out what I'm missing.
    rai187 likes this.
    11-29-13 10:28 AM
56 123