Hi Currently Using Google Services and an Android.
    Will be Switching to BlackBerry10os..

How to build a secure profile on Net?
    I know it is not entirely related to BlackBerry..But it is in somewhat and I have no other place to discuss..

Can you give me Do's and Don'ts for the same?
    Can My data on Blackberry be secure from govt n private companies like google...or all these people will know whom I have communicated and what message have I send to my friends..
    04-01-16 08:28 AM
    So they say it's secure. but really, it's only as secure as the user. It's how you use your phone that matters.
    Aman1007 and TgeekB like this.
    04-01-16 09:27 AM
    So they say it's secure. but really, it's only as secure as the user. It's how you use your phone that matters.
    Don't be a hater.

Posted via CB10
    bh7171 likes this.
    04-01-16 10:33 AM
    I know that google is stealing all my data as when I searched a product on google...the ads comes out with offers to buy the same product..I get emails regarding those searches...

Will it happen in Blackberry..Will I receive targeted emails ?
    04-01-16 10:37 AM
    I know that google is stealing all my data as when I searched a product on google...the ads comes out with offers to buy the same product..I get emails regarding those searches...

Yes. The reason being now you use it. If you still search using Google, and use Gmail, then you'll still get targeted ads.

There is no way to completely disconnect.

Posted via overheating lollipop Priv
    04-01-16 10:41 AM
    If I delete my Gmail account..
    Use my Outlook id for work, even then I am been watched?
    04-01-16 11:30 AM
    And also I think that after installing android apps on BB, it may lose the purpose of having a secure phone...
    Is that so?
    If yes then that means I have to use Native BB apps only...
    04-01-16 11:31 AM
    dear op as long as your are connected to the Internet in any shape or form.
    your activity in it is being recorded. May it be from an it company, marketing firm or a government agency.
    04-01-16 11:46 AM
    You won't get targeted ads just make a new Google account when you switch to BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    04-01-16 11:55 AM
    If I delete my Gmail account..
    Use my Outlook id for work, even then I am been watched?
    As long as you're on the Internet, then yes, you're being watched.
    04-01-16 12:33 PM

No you will not get targeted emails on non-gmail emails. (I have an Android tablet and Gmail and so far I have been ok)

The newest member....Cobalt Classic
    04-01-16 12:54 PM
    And also I think that after installing android apps on BB, it may lose the purpose of having a secure phone...
    Is that so?
    If yes then that means I have to use Native BB apps only...
    QNX runs Android apps "in a sandbox" I have had no issues on any of my BlackBerry 10 devices.

The newest member....Cobalt Classic
    04-01-16 12:55 PM
    So a normal Blackberry with no BES is as insecure as Android?
    What about Google collecting all our info n data..Will it still be possible even if one uses Blackberry with no Gmail Account sync?
    Can Blackberry be hacked as easily as Android?
    Are all apps in BB World collect data the same way as apps on Play Store does?
    04-02-16 02:24 AM
    So a normal Blackberry with no BES is as insecure as Android? Its far less secure but still does have some things that are better than a off the shelf android device
    What about Google collecting all our info n data..Will it still be possible even if one uses Blackberry with no Gmail Account sync? having a BB doesnt magically make you immune to anything. If you use google search on BB there is nothing a BB does to stop google from logging those searches.If you dont want google to collect data then dont use anything google. BB doesnt really have anything to do with it.
    Can Blackberry be hacked as easily as Android? no it cant be hacked as easily
    Are all apps in BB World collect data the same way as apps on Play Store does? yes many of them do just like any other platform
    Aman1007 likes this.
    04-02-16 05:48 AM
    By Having a BB I meant using BB Maps not Google....Using BB Browser not Chrome....using Box/Dropbox/OneDrive instead of GoogleDrive....using Outlook/protonmail/tutanota instead of gmail ....I basically meant using services other than google..If I do this then is there other ways by which my data still be collected... and do ads pops up related to what I searched on web just like in android?

For Apps Do I have more control over what I want apps to collect and what not unlike google apps....

Also does BBM has end to end encryption (pin to pin)?

My main reason to chose BB was privacy n security..I have read that android user's data are been secretly send to unknown IP Address in US and a company Xiaomi send data to IP address based in China...
    Is it true? BB do the same?

Is a Non BES Blackberry anyhow different from Android with respect to security n privacy..
    Last edited by Aman1007; 04-02-16 at 07:20 AM.
    04-02-16 06:54 AM
    By Having a BB I meant using BB Maps not Google....Using BB Browser not Chrome....using Box/Dropbox/OneDrive instead of GoogleDrive....using Outlook/protonmail/tutanota instead of gmail ....I basically meant using services other than google..If I do this then is there other ways by which my data still be collected... and do ads pops up related to what I searched on web just like in android?

For Apps Do I have more control over what I want apps to collect and what not unlike google apps....

My main reason to chose BB was privacy n security..I have read that android user's data are been secretly send to unknown IP Address in US and a company Xiaomi send data to IP address based in China...
    BlackBerry does not collect data.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Aman1007 likes this.
    04-02-16 06:58 AM
    Can a non BES consumer of Blackberry use BB Protect..? what it can do
    04-02-16 07:26 AM
    Can a non BES consumer of Blackberry use BB Protect..? what it can do
    Yes.
    And a BlackBerry without bes is more secure than android a thousand times more secure

Posted via CB10
    04-02-16 07:33 AM
    BlackBerry does not collect data.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    i assure you they do collect data. Take a look at the EULA next time before just clicking OK
    TgeekB likes this.
    04-02-16 07:35 AM
    I seriously need ur opinion on the issues I raised...

Also does BBM has end to end encryption (pin to pin)?

Is a Non BES Blackberry anyhow different from Android with respect to security n privacy..
    04-02-16 08:17 AM