you should just wait for the device that should be better than the tour ONYX coming to AT&T
    08-10-09 12:00 PM
    +1. I have a Google Voice account and I want to be able to actually use it. Webapps are one thing, but integration with your contacts on the phone is another.
    Lol! That's the app that was the straw to break the camel's back for me.
    08-10-09 12:16 PM
    It would be nice if we can use our current phone number as Google Voice number.. soon I guess..
    08-12-09 01:21 AM
    My BlackBerry Curve 8900 arrived yesterday.
    My G1 has now been passed on.
    Never looking back.
    LOVING my Curve !
    08-12-09 09:15 AM
    Ahhh shocks..now you guys got me all confused...waiting to buy the onyx, considering the bold..wondering if the iphone worth it...guess i gonna have to do some more research elsewhere..
    08-13-09 10:35 AM
    Had an 8830 a couple years ago, moved to the iPhone, now I'm back to using big boy phones with my 9000
    08-13-09 10:41 AM
    just have to figure out what features are important to you and go from there. all phones seem to excel in one area or another. And all have their drawbacks and limitations. Have to find that balance of features and limitations you can live with.

Ahhh shocks..now you guys got me all confused...waiting to buy the onyx, considering the bold..wondering if the iphone worth it...guess i gonna have to do some more research elsewhere..
    08-13-09 10:52 AM
    Thinking about switching from my Blackberry Curve to the Tour. I love my BB Curve, but want to know the true Pros and Cons of the curve.
    08-14-09 09:19 AM
    Since July 2009 I have had a Bold and 2 Tours and now I am using a TracFone.

I started with the Bold and switched to the Tour because I was worried about AT&T' coverage. I also fell victim to the "new is better" syndrome and figured that the Tour was the latest and greatest.

Once I actually had the Tour in hand I have to admit I wasn't all that impressed. I feel that the Tour is just simply not of the same quality as the Bold. The first one was returned in less then a week. The second one had similar problems in addition to the menus being erratic. Verizon would not replace the second one. I even tried to show the rep. the in phone test utility and he declined to look at it because "they don't do technical testing.

The next day I went out and got a TracFone and cancelled the Verizon contract. I've been with Verizon over 15 years but there was no way I was going to get into a 2 year contract with a phone I had no confidence in.

I will be using the TracFone for a few months until AT&T launches the Onyx/Merlin. I did look at the iPhone 3G S and it was impressive but I don't know if I could adjust to the touch screen. So I'll wait to see what the Onyx/Merlin looks like and if it follows the Bold I'm taking it. If not then I may go for the iPhone.
    08-14-09 06:42 PM
    I was using a storm but dont care for it anymore so now I'm selling it. Ill just wait for a phone I really want so stuck using this choc 3 for now.
    08-15-09 04:49 PM
    I had a Curve 8330 but just moved to the Storm 9530. I like it so far but it's tough to learn to use!
    08-15-09 09:09 PM
    I am new to BB altogether, currently using a MotoQ9c and want to convert to BB. But with all the mixed reviews about the Tour I am not sure whether to try that or just get the Curve.I can't seem to get any help from anyone I know so CB, looking for some answers?? Input is appreciated! Thx..
    08-15-09 09:47 PM
    This is my first post at crackberry. Whoo! I own my 'lil 8130 Pearl. I really want the Onyx. But since I have no plans on changing carriers (been with Verizon forever), I'm probably going with the Tour.
    08-15-09 11:58 PM
    Hi all. I started with the curve back in Jan 09. I used this phone until Mar 09 when I had to give it up due to financial reasons. I found I didnt really miss it that much as it had some issues with freezing and the web not working properly. In june I got the storm. The storm has some really good things going for it but the bad really out weighted the good. The three most annoying things about the storm are while on a call and being very careful to not touch my face to the screen the speaker comes on. You cant cut it off without disconnecting the call. This is real real bad when the person you are discreetly talking about is in the car with you. And yes I know you shouldnt talk about people but sometimes you just have to. It would get stuck in landscape mode and the battery would have to be removed. And the last straw on day #29 the button on the front just fell off. I glued it back on very carefully and then thought why am I gluing a phone together that is only 29 days old and has not had any abuse I mean not even a drop or a bump nothing. Now is when the fun begins. After having used the storm it makes the os on the curve not so great. So I go out and buy the tour because that is the only way to get the new os. The reception on the tour is awful. I spent the whole of last week without a phone. I was on vacation and had no service on the coast of SC. I called verizon and they confirmed that I was dropping 38-39% of calls and said take it to the Verizon store to get a replacement. I go and am informed that I am # 19 on the wait list and it will around 2 hrs wait. I said noway I am waiting 2 hrs and left. I used my husbands old 325i (that he would not trade for a truckload of BB for) which had 4 bars always. I am now back to the curve but am seriously thinking of the ozone. Price has nothing to do with it as the Tour was on the upper end of the price range. I have never used a win mobile device but I did play with it in the store and seemed pretty good. It had Gps and wifi but it also felt kind of cheap. Anyone who has anything good or bad to say about this I would welcome your opinion.
    08-16-09 03:33 AM
    I forgot to add its Verizon or nothing where I live so I cant get iphone or bold or anything else for that matter.
    08-16-09 03:36 AM
    I am new to BB altogether, currently using a MotoQ9c and want to convert to BB. But with all the mixed reviews about the Tour I am not sure whether to try that or just get the Curve.I can't seem to get any help from anyone I know so CB, looking for some answers?? Input is appreciated! Thx..
    The curves are great. If you are around 3G service, a bold maybe? Or you can wait for onyx which is making its appearance in November with at&t. The curves are great. I have the 8900 and really enjoy it.
    08-16-09 08:54 AM
    I had a Curve 8330 but just moved to the Storm 9530. I like it so far but it's tough to learn to use!
    Wow! I can't imagine. I thought my 8900 was hard to learn but worth every minute.
    08-16-09 08:57 AM
    I wanted to buy the original iPhone when they first came out. I was already sold on it.
    All I needed was a bit of hands-on to finalize my mind.

I went to the Apple store to try one out.
    Too many folks whenever I went to try one at the Apple store.
    I Couldn't wait 1/2 hour just to try a phone.

Went to 3 ATT stores. No store would let me try the phone unless I was purchasing it. ???? weird.
    They all had them under lock & key even though the stores were plastered with iPhone merchandising all over each store. ???weird.

I finally found a store that would let me try it out, after all I was ready to buy the iPhone, I was sold on it after all of the ads & fanboy reviews I had read.

I tried it & it was just meh.

I guess all of that hype gave me higher expectations.
    It was just an ipod with a phone on it.
    Plus it seemed like too many hoops to jump through just to have it.

While I was waiting for the ATT guy to bring out the iPhone, I happened to try a curve 8310. Wow! great phone, great sound, easy to operate, intuitive & I really like the trackball UI.

Fast forward 2 years (almost) and I just upgraded to a new BOLD 9000.
    It will be here Tuesday.

I was also shopping the NEW iPhone for my upgrade & same thing...meh.

I really liked it...but it still made me feel like I'd be buying an iPod, not a phone.

I keep trying to like the iPhone, but it doesn't suit me like Blackberries do.

Bye Curve, Hello BOLD!
    Last edited by _dave_; 08-16-09 at 06:57 PM. Reason: spelling
    08-16-09 04:31 PM
    Hi all. I started with the curve back in Jan 09. I used this phone until Mar 09 when I had to give it up due to financial reasons. I found I didnt really miss it that much as it had some issues with freezing and the web not working properly. In june I got the storm. The storm has some really good things going for it but the bad really out weighted the good. The three most annoying things about the storm are while on a call and being very careful to not touch my face to the screen the speaker comes on. You cant cut it off without disconnecting the call. This is real real bad when the person you are discreetly talking about is in the car with you. And yes I know you shouldnt talk about people but sometimes you just have to. It would get stuck in landscape mode and the battery would have to be removed. And the last straw on day #29 the button on the front just fell off. I glued it back on very carefully and then thought why am I gluing a phone together that is only 29 days old and has not had any abuse I mean not even a drop or a bump nothing. Now is when the fun begins. After having used the storm it makes the os on the curve not so great. So I go out and buy the tour because that is the only way to get the new os. The reception on the tour is awful. I spent the whole of last week without a phone. I was on vacation and had no service on the coast of SC. I called verizon and they confirmed that I was dropping 38-39% of calls and said take it to the Verizon store to get a replacement. I go and am informed that I am # 19 on the wait list and it will around 2 hrs wait. I said noway I am waiting 2 hrs and left. I used my husbands old 325i (that he would not trade for a truckload of BB for) which had 4 bars always. I am now back to the curve but am seriously thinking of the ozone. Price has nothing to do with it as the Tour was on the upper end of the price range. I have never used a win mobile device but I did play with it in the store and seemed pretty good. It had Gps and wifi but it also felt kind of cheap. Anyone who has anything good or bad to say about this I would welcome your opinion.
    I agree. I'm on my 2nd Tour and my biggest issues are with the dropped calls and the freezing up. I have never had more than 3 bars on my new Tour, and I live in downtown Miami Florida. I have dropped about 6 calls so far, including one this morning while I was on the phone with customer service! How can i have a phone that drops calls? Seriously, I realize it gets emails and texts, but if I cant hold a conversation whats the point?
    08-16-09 04:49 PM
    hi..
    i love blackberry bold 9000
    08-17-09 02:52 AM
    My BlackBerry Curve 8900 arrived yesterday.
    My G1 has now been passed on.
    Never looking back.
    LOVING my Curve !
    I also just got my 8900 on Friday (replacing my 8220). I have to get used to the candbar style all over again but no big deal. I actually like both form factors but these days I need something easy to ready my e-mail on. I really like the Flip but the 8900 is better for my needs. My hubby sticks with the flip and is quite happy. One little thing that I found made a big difference is that my 8900 lets me put more icons on the home screen. Makes sense but I never actually thought of that when I ordered it. So far i'm loving mine too.
    08-17-09 08:27 AM
    From what I've read on these boards, almost ALL Curves, regardless of model seem to get fairly glowing reviews. I can't say about the 8520 as it is fairly new but the 83xx and 8900 both are great phones and I suspect that the 8520 will also be even if it is an "entry level" phone. If you want something reliable, try one of the Curve series. I just got my 8900 and am quite happy with it. For the record, I think I can also say the Flip 8220/30 is also a pretty darn good phone if you like flips. I had next to no problems with mine.
    08-17-09 08:34 AM
    Thinking about switching from my Blackberry Curve to the Tour. I love my BB Curve, but want to know the true Pros and Cons of the curve.
    Spend a couple of hours in this forum and you'll quickly decide against the Tour. I thought it was going to be great, but having owned every BB since the first one came out on VZW ten years ago I have to say it was a huge disappointment. Mostly because no matter what a few Tour owners say, 99% of them will admit it sounds muffled and weak to the people you're talking to. I went back to my antiquated, but trusty, Curve.

The perfect world would be a BOLD on Verizon, but unfortunately that will never happen. I'm close to jumping the VZW ship to get a decent phone.
    08-17-09 08:37 AM
    Since July 2009 I have had a Bold and 2 Tours and now I am using a TracFone.

I started with the Bold and switched to the Tour because I was worried about AT&T' coverage. I also fell victim to the "new is better" syndrome and figured that the Tour was the latest and greatest.

Once I actually had the Tour in hand I have to admit I wasn't all that impressed. I feel that the Tour is just simply not of the same quality as the Bold. The first one was returned in less then a week. The second one had similar problems in addition to the menus being erratic. Verizon would not replace the second one. I even tried to show the rep. the in phone test utility and he declined to look at it because "they don't do technical testing.

The next day I went out and got a TracFone and cancelled the Verizon contract. I've been with Verizon over 15 years but there was no way I was going to get into a 2 year contract with a phone I had no confidence in.

I will be using the TracFone for a few months until AT&T launches the Onyx/Merlin. I did look at the iPhone 3G S and it was impressive but I don't know if I could adjust to the touch screen. So I'll wait to see what the Onyx/Merlin looks like and if it follows the Bold I'm taking it. If not then I may go for the iPhone.
    Feel very similarly. Been a VZW customer since they started, but they just never get the good hardware. I'm a Mac user so the iPhone makes perfect sense, plus the rest of my digital life is all on Google Apps, so since the iPhone plays so well with Gmail, that may be my next choice as well.

Hate to give up my BB after having one for a decade, but just retired and don't have to deal with 200 emails a day any longer and would rather have a device to play with for a change and I think the iPhone is unsurpassed in this department...blazing internet speeds, genuine HTML displays, etc.
    08-17-09 08:41 AM
    I have a comment and a question.

First, let me say I really love the Blackberry phones. I've had a Pearl 8100, a Curve 8310, and am currently using an 8800 running 4.5 OS. I love everything about the 8800, but it just doesn't have enough internal memory to run the more intensive apps and it is quite slow by today's standards. I've used a variety of Nokias and Palms, but I've never found anything as awesome as Blackberry. I always say a Blackberry is like owning an expensive sports car. For as much as I utilize on the phone, I know there's still more potential "under the hood."

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me of the experience of upgrading from an 8300 or 8800 (something running 4.5OS) to an 8900? Are you able to run apps, themes, etc from the 8800/8300 series on the 8900? I'm due for an upgrade with my carrier next month and am heavily leaning toward the 8900. I had considered the Bold but I see the 8900 becoming a much more popular model so likely experiencing greater longevity in terms of support, new apps, etc. If anyone who has upgraded has insight on this, please let me know. I'd hate to not be able to run everything I've put on my cratchety ol' 8800.
    08-18-09 08:58 PM
3,266 ... 34567 ...