My KeyOne was stolen out of my car while grocery shopping. So after 10 years using nothing but BlackBerry's I made the switch to the Pixel 3 XL. Though I liked the K1 - I struggled with the lame antenna, poor voice quality, and weak speakerphone. The Pixel fixes all those issues - strong consistent LTE connection, clear voice calls, and stereo front facing speakers that get loud! I wondered how I'd manage without a PKB and the HUB, but surprisingly I've adjusted well and am getting things done almost as fast as on the K1. I know Google's a data mining hog and the OS isn't hardened like BB, but I'm not sure BB's are more secure than other Android phone anyway + I do run an always on VPN.

So I leave the Blackberry with mixed feelings... Who knows, in two or three years I may return.
    For what it's worth, the KEY2 LE's antenna reception (and mono speaker) destroys the KEYone's
    11-24-18 02:34 PM
    Loyality is the key, i`m loyal to blackberry for decades.
    These days we call that blind love.
    11-28-18 12:29 AM
    pearl -> 8900 -> 9810 -> Z10 -> Passport -> PRIV -> Samsung Note 8

The Note 8 has been a dream - it's fast, the pen is uber useful for note taking as well as signing documents on the fly, and there's a app for everything. I do miss BB10 though.. it's so much more pleasant to use in my opinion than Android.
    I have 2 Note 8's and I just bought the Note 9.. Don't upgrade as the Note 8 is by far the better of the two.. Don't get me wrong the note 9 is great but I did a speed test between it and my blackberry KEY2 and the KEY2 kept up great and I had 15 apps opened..
    11-28-18 10:37 PM
    I've run out of patience with my Priv finally, basically was a total embarrassment during my most recent trip. I can longer deal with the multiple issues plaguing it, from poor battery life, constant over heating, poor app performance. It really looks bad when you're on a trip and your phone is just a let down when needing to pull up Waze or Spotify, or say crashing the infotainment system of your rental because it can't handle android auto. Needless to say I did consider a KeyTwo but it just was hard to rationalize the sub-par camera and lower/mid tier internals compared to others on the market, although the 6GB of RAM is nice would of been nice to have a Snapdragon 845 at least, and the camera at least from reviews is far ahead of what the Razer has which was the major reason I passed on it even though it has powerhouse specs. I did want to hold out till end of the month knowing BB is having a launch for the KeyTwo LE but with some hope of beign surprised by a Priv 2, but I had to finally give in and get something, so I ended up with a Sony Xperia XZ Premium. So far it's been way more responsive than my Priv, the restore process took less than an hour aside from some slight hiccups but that's way better than the several hours it took my back up Priv just to update it's apps (Yea, I actually have 2 Privs), the apps run smoothly no more random app not responding prompts popping up, best of all Waze runs on the first attempt. I haven't gone completely BB free, I still think Hub is the best part of BB and luckily it's open to any android phone and they didn't water it down. It is nice BB does offer up some of their apps to the ecosystem like the Launcher, one that's missing I wish they did have is the keyboard. I'm not saying I'm done with BB for good, but for now they and their partners just haven't offered up good enough product to entice me, but I'll still keep watching out hoping that finally they get their game together and actually offer up something that is packing some high end specs and features, I'll be the first online to buy it.
    You do realize the SD660 is just as good as the SD835.. It's runs just a great, and it has much better battery management.
    11-28-18 10:42 PM
    My KeyOne was stolen out of my car while grocery shopping. So after 10 years using nothing but BlackBerry's I made the switch to the Pixel 3 XL. Though I liked the K1 - I struggled with the lame antenna, poor voice quality, and weak speakerphone. The Pixel fixes all those issues - strong consistent LTE connection, clear voice calls, and stereo front facing speakers that get loud! I wondered how I'd manage without a PKB and the HUB, but surprisingly I've adjusted well and am getting things done almost as fast as on the K1. I know Google's a data mining hog and the OS isn't hardened like BB, but I'm not sure BB's are more secure than other Android phone anyway + I do run an always on VPN.

So I leave the Blackberry with mixed feelings... Who knows, in two or three years I may return.
    I also left BlackBerry after a horrendous experience with the Dtek60. I now have the Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus, which is a huge improvement. I simply added the BlackBerry Hub and keyboard.
    12-01-18 08:35 AM
    pearl -> 8900 -> 9810 -> Z10 -> Passport -> PRIV -> Samsung Note 8

The Note 8 has been a dream - it's fast, the pen is uber useful for note taking as well as signing documents on the fly, and there's a app for everything. I do miss BB10 though.. it's so much more pleasant to use in my opinion than Android.
    I have had a similar experience. After an awful experience with the BlackBerry Dtek60, so I switched to the Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus, which is a huge improvement. I also agree, however, that BlackBerry OS10 is superior to Android.
    12-01-18 08:37 AM
    I have 2 Note 8's and I just bought the Note 9.. Don't upgrade as the Note 8 is by far the better of the two.. Don't get me wrong the note 9 is great but I did a speed test between it and my blackberry KEY2 and the KEY2 kept up great and I had 15 apps opened..
    what’s the point of having 2 Note 8’s ?

And to me, the main reason for opting for the Note 9 instead is the extra 700mAh of battery.

you do know that theres a PKB keyboard case for the Note 8 right ?
    12-02-18 02:32 PM
    I've run out of patience with my Priv finally, basically was a total embarrassment during my most recent trip. I can longer deal with the multiple issues plaguing it, from poor battery life, constant over heating, poor app performance. It really looks bad when you're on a trip and your phone is just a let down when needing to pull up Waze or Spotify, or say crashing the infotainment system of your rental because it can't handle android auto. Needless to say I did consider a KeyTwo but it just was hard to rationalize the sub-par camera and lower/mid tier internals compared to others on the market, although the 6GB of RAM is nice would of been nice to have a Snapdragon 845 at least, and the camera at least from reviews is far ahead of what the Razer has which was the major reason I passed on it even though it has powerhouse specs. I did want to hold out till end of the month knowing BB is having a launch for the KeyTwo LE but with some hope of beign surprised by a Priv 2, but I had to finally give in and get something, so I ended up with a Sony Xperia XZ Premium. So far it's been way more responsive than my Priv, the restore process took less than an hour aside from some slight hiccups but that's way better than the several hours it took my back up Priv just to update it's apps (Yea, I actually have 2 Privs), the apps run smoothly no more random app not responding prompts popping up, best of all Waze runs on the first attempt. I haven't gone completely BB free, I still think Hub is the best part of BB and luckily it's open to any android phone and they didn't water it down. It is nice BB does offer up some of their apps to the ecosystem like the Launcher, one that's missing I wish they did have is the keyboard. I'm not saying I'm done with BB for good, but for now they and their partners just haven't offered up good enough product to entice me, but I'll still keep watching out hoping that finally they get their game together and actually offer up something that is packing some high end specs and features, I'll be the first online to buy it.
    I have used many phones and must say switching to a Blackberry device was a smart choice. The reliability of the phone is great. I recommened anyone who is considering a new phone to just checkout a Blackberry device. You will not be dissapointed.
    12-10-18 12:53 PM
    I moved from the KEYone to the OnePlus 6. I thought I would miss the pkb after years of using one, but I am actually loving the vkb and the all around superior quality of the OnePlus. I couldn't go cold turkey so I installed the BB Hub. Works like a charm and feels oh so comfortable (like an old shoe).

Hopefully, BlackBerry Mobile (TCL) will one day get it right and lure me back as a customer. I still miss my Passport after almost two years of giving it up. I will not miss the KEYone one little bit!
    01-12-19 07:04 PM
    I have used many phones and must say switching to a Blackberry device was a smart choice. The reliability of the phone is great. I recommened anyone who is considering a new phone to just checkout a Blackberry device. You will not be dissapointed.
    LOL
    SeeBeeEss likes this.
    01-13-19 01:59 AM
    So this was a really long and hard decision but I decided that I had to leave BlackBerry.

I've been with them for years from my first ever smartphone the 9900. I went from that loved it from the very beginning. Unfortunately after a couple years one day at my work it got run over by a forklift (long story). Which brought me to my next BlackBerry the Q10. A device which I loved even more. After a couple years my next upgrade was the DTEK50. This was a tough transition but after some time I grew to love the BlackBerry Android. Then one day I had lost my phone and didn't have one for a week. I bought a the KeyOne but was surprised that I didn't really enjoy the keyboard like I thought I would. Fortunately I got a phone call a week later from a stranger who found my DTEK50 phone while he was walking in some snow (another long story). I returned the KeyOne and began using my DTEK50 again. After several months for whatever reason the top half of my screen wasn't working. This went on for a while to a point where it just wasn't usable anymore. I wanted a new phone but I think I've reached a point where I'm over keyboards. I looked into the BlackBerry Motion but even to this day they are so expensive. I just could not fathom spending $550 - 600 for a phone that came out in October 2017. For the time being I used my girlfriends old phone the Samsung Galaxy J3 (which was an absolute nightmare!). After many stressful months I reached my threshold of annoyance and decided it was time. After much research and looking and prices, specs, etc I went with the Motorola G6 Play and am really happy. For the price I paid its a really good phone. After many years it was a hard decision but I had to leave (at least for now). Hopefully one day I'll return but for the first time for me, my smartphone isn't a BlackBerry.
    johnny_bravo72 likes this.
    01-28-19 10:25 PM
    from classic to NOKIA classic 8850..old is gold
    chain13 likes this.
    03-08-19 05:17 AM
    I have already been using BlackBerry curve and happy with. Maybe you are Android lover.
    03-26-19 05:50 AM
    My Keyone stuck on ABC 322.
    And I don't want another BlackBerry devices.

Bye BlackBerry.
    03-27-19 07:31 PM
    My last BB Device

My battery of the KEYone is worser and worser so I was thinking to buy the key2 LE for around 450 euro or the KEY 2 for around 650 euro.

My KEYone camera is better then both devices and the price sucks in every way. Still I wanted a keybaord device but then the camera . I like to make pictures manual and get good results with the KEYone . So I was thinking to buy the KEYone black but after two weeks my thoughts where NO.

I decided to go for the Huawai Mate 20 with 6GB RAM and 128 GB storage and a good camera. It feel akward to leave the brand after BlackBerry 10, but my huawai tablet get more security updates then all my BlackBerry at home. I miss BBOS10 and android is android.

So there you have it a new device for 389,00 euro (discount for members) and moving away from BlackBerry and maybe, maybe I ever will return. I also find out there is a cashback of 100 euro so at the end I pay 289,00 .

Bold, Curve, Z10,Z3, Z30, Q5, Passport ,Passport SE, Prive, DTEK50, Aurora, Motion and final KEYone.

Good luck .

p.s the reason I left BB because there is no reason to move to a KEY2 or KEY2LE for the camera and maybe for a more quicker device but KEYone works great enough for me, but I like to have a better camera. I also think to wait for a KEY3 is no option because i don;t think it get great specs, camera but I know for sure it will just get more expensive. Also the monthly update's is a fail. Also Android is Android and not BB10. It doesn't feel I use a BlackBerry anymore. It just another Android device and also the hub has issues. I also don't understand why BLackBerry has not build in more gesture swipe in Android because it's possible. So there are some other stuff and I will miss the keyboard and a learning curve is awaiting for me.

The second one that will leave BlackBerry would be my wife because my daughter will get here Motion because my daughter device (also BlackBerry )is getting old and slow. But BlackBerry has no full screen devices new so she will probarly go for a Nokia 7.1 or 8.1

Be Happy Be Bold Be BB
    03-27-19 07:53 PM
    My last BB Device

My battery of the KEYone is worser and worser so I was thinking to buy the key2 LE for around 450 euro or the KEY 2 for around 650 euro.

My KEYone camera is better then both devices and the price sucks in every way. Still I wanted a keybaord device but then the camera . I like to make pictures manual and get good results with the KEYone . So I was thinking to buy the KEYone black but after two weeks my thoughts where NO.

I decided to go for the Huawai Mate 20 with 6GB RAM and 128 GB storage and a good camera. It feel akward to leave the brand after BlackBerry 10, but my huawai tablet get more security updates then all my BlackBerry at home. I miss BBOS10 and android is android.

So there you have it a new device for 389,00 euro (discount for members) and moving away from BlackBerry and maybe, maybe I ever will return. I also find out there is a cashback of 100 euro so at the end I pay 289,00 .

Bold, Curve, Z10,Z3, Z30, Q5, Passport ,Passport SE, Prive, DTEK50, Aurora, Motion and final KEYone.

Good luck .

p.s the reason I left BB because there is no reason to move to a KEY2 or KEY2LE for the camera and maybe for a more quicker device but KEYone works great enough for me, but I like to have a better camera. I also think to wait for a KEY3 is no option because i don;t think it get great specs, camera but I know for sure it will just get more expensive. Also the monthly update's is a fail. Also Android is Android and not BB10. It doesn't feel I use a BlackBerry anymore. It just another Android device and also the hub has issues. I also don't understand why BLackBerry has not build in more gesture swipe in Android because it's possible. So there are some other stuff and I will miss the keyboard and a learning curve is awaiting for me.

The second one that will leave BlackBerry would be my wife because my daughter will get here Motion because my daughter device (also BlackBerry )is getting old and slow. But BlackBerry has no full screen devices new so she will probarly go for a Nokia 7.1 or 8.1

Be Happy Be Bold Be BB
    You just value Huawei's camera more than you do BB's keyboard, that's all.
    whatsever and SeeBeeEss like this.
    03-27-19 08:43 PM
    You just value Huawei's camera more than you do BB's keyboard, that's all.
    Maybe your right. Still my wife need a new device so I allready told here if I dislike the use of a fullscreen device she will get the device So maybe if the price is right with a new BlackBerry Device with a good camera. CPU,GPU and chipset I don't care. I like to see at least 4GB RAM and a SD card slot then maybe I go for it.

At least I gone take a subscribe on the HUB+ so it seems it ended up with a BB theme device It;s only 10 euro for a year I beleve so that is a no brainer for me.
    chain13 likes this.
    03-28-19 04:21 PM
    I like to see at least 4GB RAM and a SD card slot then maybe I go for it.
    The Black Edition KEYone, the KEY2 and the LE all have 4GB or more of RAM, so that isn't an issue.
    03-28-19 07:50 PM
    This may come as a big surprise to some of you, but I've just had it with the brand and their products

... happy April fool's !
    The_Passporter and BigBadWulf like this.
    04-01-19 10:29 AM
    I am saying my second bye bye to Key2!
    Any over the internet calls, like WhatsApp, Viber, IP, and alike are not really working properly because the microphone is too weak and the other party does not hear you well unless you speak directly to the mic. More than that, during the regular phone calls the microphone is also rather weak. I have tested it and my old samsung has a better mic. than Key2
    This is a second Key2 I am returning. The first one ( silver ) I bought when it just came out and the second one ( dual sim card addition ) I bought and returned in March. 2019. I read all the blogs about this issue, I have contact blackberry support and they have recognized this issue and said they are working on it and that the software update should resolve it. Well, they did the update and it did improve it slightly, but the update did not really resolve the issue completelly and it is still very bad especially for this price it simply does not worth it to struggle with such an important feature of the phone! The keyboard is nice but it does not justify not being able to make phone calls or strugle with them. And No,.. it does not depend on the phone, if you haven't noticed it in your key2 it only means that you haven't been paying attention to the performance of the mic., try testing it on various distances and you will see that the mic is very weak. And no, it is not about noise cancelation because other phones also have noise cancelation. It is a software hardware combination of some sort. Too bad., i tried to like this phone two times. I've had many blackberry phones in the past almost all models and must say the Key2 is a dissapointment having this issue. so bye bye twice.
    chain13 likes this.
    04-02-19 06:41 AM
    Any over the internet calls, like WhatsApp, Viber, IP, and alike are not really working properly because the microphone is too weak and the other party does not hear you well unless you speak directly to the mic. More than that, during the regular phone calls the microphone is also rather weak. I have tested it and my old samsung has a better mic. than Key2
    This is a second Key2 I am returning. The first one ( silver ) I bought when it just came out and the second one ( dual sim card addition ) I bought and returned in March. 2019. I read all the blogs about this issue, I have contact blackberry support and they have recognized this issue and said they are working on it and that the software update should resolve it. Well, they did the update and it did improve it slightly, but the update did not really resolve the issue completelly and it is still very bad especially for this price it simply does not worth it to struggle with such an important feature of the phone! The keyboard is nice but it does not justify not being able to make phone calls or strugle with them. And No,.. it does not depend on the phone, if you haven't noticed it in your key2 it only means that you haven't been paying attention to the performance of the mic., try testing it on various distances and you will see that the mic is very weak. And no, it is not about noise cancelation because other phones also have noise cancelation. It is a software hardware combination of some sort. Too bad., i tried to like this phone two times. I've had many blackberry phones in the past almost all models and must say the Key2 is a dissapointment having this issue. so bye bye twice.
    Welcome to Crackberry.
    04-02-19 07:30 AM
    Have you tried granting the "Phone" permission to those apps that sounded weak?
    04-02-19 11:07 AM
    I have tried everything. Blackberry technical support recognized this as an issue, I don't think there is anything that the user can do except return.
    04-02-19 02:58 PM
    Yeah finally decided to change out of the K2, as battery is now starting to show aging and not holding a great charge like it was a year ago. Long time Rogers Wireless customer and upgraded to the Huawei P30 Pro. i am amazed how touch typing is now improved greatly. One of the reason for the switch originally to a K2 was because this of the issue with touch typing inaccuracies and would drive me nuts constantly backspacing to correct typed text. I need to type on the fly customer files so the K2 really filled that for my business. But now the battery is showing age and not holding a charge and now is slowly dying. Due to Google cloud all of the BB apps also appeared on my new phone. I deleted ALL of them. It's just not that useful to me with Android Pie. So far loving the P30 Pro and the camera, screen and speed of the device is amazing!!!!
    chain13 and elfabio80 like this.
    04-18-19 02:18 PM
    It was not classic to change from blackberry to android.
    04-23-19 01:36 AM
3,266 ... 117118119120121 ...