No need to brother with BLACKBERRY direct in the UK, even worse services.
    It's NOT BlackBerry - it's TCL/BBMo.
    BBeast and MLDodier like this.
    05-14-18 02:18 PM
    I recently just left a iPhone for a Blackberry Bold and I have to say that its the best decission ever. I have used many phones and must say switching to a Blackberry device was a smart choice. The reliability of the phone is great. I recommened anyone who is considering a new phone to just checkout a Blackberry device. You will not be dissapointed.

EDiT: Ha forgot to mention if everyone had a Blackberry the world would be a happier place
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Which BlackBerry Bold did you get? I’m on the fence too, I just don’t know which BB device to get
    07-24-18 10:48 PM
    Hey all,

With a lot of user migration to newer Blackberries. We are consolidating the "Bye Bye" threads to a Master thread to share why you are moving from one device to another(Hopefully Blackberry) With newer devices coming out at a very fast pace now days users seem to be either frustrated with their current device/provider. Or looking for something more powerful.

Soooo..... With that said before you post up ask your self the following questions.

Leaving an old Blackberry for a new device?

Moving on to another Blackberry device because of previous device issues that have not been fixed?

Moving to a different provider for a better device?

This thread is for you!

As a reminder Crackberry Rules and Guidelines apply as always.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f39/bas...r-conduct-114/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f39/pos...uidelines-113/

Keep it clean and have fun!!!
    I used blackberry products and I was very pleased to use these products for me because blackberry products are of high quality, which attracts a lot of customers. Also, I introduced some of my favorite blackberry quality products on my blog. Visit my blog :
    انتخاب رشته کنکور انتخاب رشته انسانی
    07-25-18 02:23 AM
    pearl -> 8900 -> 9810 -> Z10 -> Passport -> PRIV -> Samsung Note 8

The Note 8 has been a dream - it's fast, the pen is uber useful for note taking as well as signing documents on the fly, and there's a app for everything. I do miss BB10 though.. it's so much more pleasant to use in my opinion than Android.
    07-25-18 01:01 PM
    Did this a while back. Last BB was a Priv, but it was having too many Bluetooth issues. So now using my wife's hand-me-down Samsung Galaxy S7.

Do have a BB Classic as a standby phone.
    08-06-18 07:37 AM
    I've run out of patience with my Priv finally, basically was a total embarrassment during my most recent trip. I can longer deal with the multiple issues plaguing it, from poor battery life, constant over heating, poor app performance. It really looks bad when you're on a trip and your phone is just a let down when needing to pull up Waze or Spotify, or say crashing the infotainment system of your rental because it can't handle android auto. Needless to say I did consider a KeyTwo but it just was hard to rationalize the sub-par camera and lower/mid tier internals compared to others on the market, although the 6GB of RAM is nice would of been nice to have a Snapdragon 845 at least, and the camera at least from reviews is far ahead of what the Razer has which was the major reason I passed on it even though it has powerhouse specs. I did want to hold out till end of the month knowing BB is having a launch for the KeyTwo LE but with some hope of beign surprised by a Priv 2, but I had to finally give in and get something, so I ended up with a Sony Xperia XZ Premium. So far it's been way more responsive than my Priv, the restore process took less than an hour aside from some slight hiccups but that's way better than the several hours it took my back up Priv just to update it's apps (Yea, I actually have 2 Privs), the apps run smoothly no more random app not responding prompts popping up, best of all Waze runs on the first attempt. I haven't gone completely BB free, I still think Hub is the best part of BB and luckily it's open to any android phone and they didn't water it down. It is nice BB does offer up some of their apps to the ecosystem like the Launcher, one that's missing I wish they did have is the keyboard. I'm not saying I'm done with BB for good, but for now they and their partners just haven't offered up good enough product to entice me, but I'll still keep watching out hoping that finally they get their game together and actually offer up something that is packing some high end specs and features, I'll be the first online to buy it.
    dan99x99 likes this.
    08-21-18 06:31 PM
    Hello allz. I'm still a proud owner of Passport device. I have pretty much overcome all the app issues thanks to Yalp which has provided me with all the androïde apps I need (Kindle, whatsapp, netflix, shazam, spoftify, u name it). Till bb10 breaks down and renders my phone a mere fossil, I'm a stick with it. After that day will come and go, I stay very undecided as whether to switch to another brand or not. I've been fortunate to handle a Huawei Pro20 for a couple of days, and I have to say the smoothness of the chip got me wandering. I could overcome that fluidity thanks to the physical kayboard, but the amoled quality of the screen got me marveled. Not to mention the photo quality that dwarfs that of every BlackBerry device out there. Now push in the Note 9 that's coming about with its bluetooth pencil, absolutely stunning audio and speaker and you really are met with a choice that will have you reconsider your loyalty to BlackBerry. What's it gonna be? Hope the key3 and followers will pack plenty of heat to make for the lagging behind that BlackBerry provides in the matters of media handling. Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    08-28-18 07:31 AM
    pearl -> 8900 -> 9810 -> Z10 -> Passport -> PRIV -> Samsung Note 8

The Note 8 has been a dream - it's fast, the pen is uber useful for note taking as well as signing documents on the fly, and there's a app for everything. I do miss BB10 though.. it's so much more pleasant to use in my opinion than Android.
    Same here. I really enjoyed my BlackBerry Torch2, Z30, Passport SE, and Priv. I preferred OS10 to Android. Both the BlackBerry PKB and Virtual keyboard with predictive text are the best, far better than Android.

However, the horrendous quality of the Blackberry Dtek60 and non-existent product support drove me to Samsung S9+, which is solid fast device with great specs and great camera. I have installed the BlackBerry Hub and keyboard.

The Samsung Note 9 now has an amazing Bluetooth stylus you can use as a remote for the camera. It is also rumored that the Samsung S10 in February 2019 will have 5G connectivity.

I would consider BlackBerry again if TCL stopped cutting corners like specs and product support. BlackBerry fans are willing to pay a premium if the quality is improved.
    11-05-18 06:32 AM
    After nearly 10 years as part of the BlackBerry family, October 2018 was the end of the line for me and BlackBerry.

My DTEK50 was starting to act a little flaky (slowing down, random reboots, internal storage near capacity etc.) but the battery still got me through almost a full day so it was still pretty usable after two years.

I looked at the Key One, Motion and Key2, but when I compared the specs/features of those phones to the price I was going to pay for them, it just didn't make sense for me to stick with BlackBerry any longer, so I picked up a one month old Midnight Black OnePlus 6 (8 GB RAM, 128 GB storage) for $600 cash and couldn't be happier. The seller gave me the original receipt from August 14th ($769.00 + Tax), the original box and all the accessories as well as two official OnePlus 6 cases (Ebony Wood and Karbon Bumper).

The OnePlus 6 is blazing fast, the screen is gorgeous, the cameras are a major leap forward compared to BlackBerry cameras, and the battery gets me through a full day of heavy usage (5-5.5 hours screen on time) or two full days of normal usage (~2 hours screen on time per day). Oxygen OS is very smooth and the November Android security patch came though on November 2nd.

The only negative things I have to say about the OnePlus 6 is the tiny/dim notification LED and the weak vibration motor compared to BlackBerry, apart from that the phone has been awesome so far.

I still have a few of my old BlackBerry devices that I'll continue to hold on to (Z10 Developer Edition, Dev Alpha C, Z30, DTEK50 and of course my PlayBook, LOL), and I've installed BB Hub onto the phone so I haven't completely given up on BlackBerry

Steve
    Bold 9000 -> Torch 9800 -> Z10 Developer Edition -> Z30 -> DTEK50 -> OnePlus 6
    11-08-18 10:25 AM
    So i'll cut right to the chase. I don't NEED the physical keyboard but want a fast processor, security and up to date screen. What Blackberry is out there for me that isn't already out of date? What is coming out? I'm really looking at the Samsung Galaxy Note 9, I currently have a PRIV. My screen is cracked but it's still working like a champ. My battery is going and one f the volume buttons don't work. I'm surprised really. I like BB or I at least liked BB from the past. I liked how I was able to update an OS myself and test out leaked versions. Times have changed but should i stick with BB, if so which one or should I make the switch to the Note 9?
    11-08-18 10:33 PM
    I don't NEED the physical keyboard but want a fast processor, security and up to date screen. What is coming out?
    Nothing for you. Ever.
    11-08-18 10:39 PM
    Nothing for you. Ever.
    What does this even mean?
    11-09-18 11:52 AM
    Loyality is the key, i`m loyal to blackberry for decades.
    You say loyal to BB but you have a Samsung Galaxy S4?? I like BB I really do but Verizon no longer carries the brand and I don't hear or see much coming to the market with similar features as newer phones. I don't need to game on them and I don't need to have Fornite added in either but I haven't seen a CDMA version of a device that is a full screen or even something similar to the PRIV I have.
    11-09-18 11:55 AM
    What does this even mean?
    I don't really like to put words in conite's mouth, but I think he means that if you are waiting for BlackBerry Mobile to build and sell a high, cutting-edge device, you will not see it. They are concentrating on two things only: a physical keyboard and a secure OS. Top end screens, cameras, processors and the like are not and will not be a priority.
    11-09-18 12:00 PM
    I don't really like to put words in conite's mouth, but I think he means that if you are waiting for BlackBerry Mobile to build and sell a high, cutting-edge device, you will not see it. They are concentrating on two things only: a physical keyboard and a secure OS. Top end screens, cameras, processors and the like are not and will not be a priority.
    That has always been their MO but is there a newer device slated to be released soon? Like I stated above, Verizon no longer carries the brand but I would buy an unlocked device from BB or the like if needed. I just haven't found a CDMA version of many of the newer devices and personally I would prefer a full screen. I like the hidden keyboard on the PRIV but now the Key1 and Key2 have forced the keyboard to take up space.
    11-09-18 12:28 PM
    Key1 and Key2 have forced the keyboard to take up space.
    Understand your predicament but IMHO those smaller screens are here to stay if BB Mobile continues to make devices. If the physical keyboard is not that important to you, I would move on to another brand. Good Luck in your future choice in any case!
    njbourne23 likes this.
    11-09-18 12:37 PM
    Understand your predicament but IMHO those smaller screens are here to stay if BB Mobile continues to make devices. If the physical keyboard is not that important to you, I would move on to another brand. Good Luck in your future choice in any case!
    Can they be used on a CDMA service though is the biggest thing
    11-09-18 12:38 PM
    Can they be used on a CDMA service though is the biggest thing
    I'm sure you can find something but isn't Verizon about to switch over from CDMA in the near future? Sorry, my knowledge is extremely limited in this area but others can answer this perhaps.
    11-09-18 12:42 PM
    That has always been their MO but is there a newer device slated to be released soon? Like I stated above, Verizon no longer carries the brand but I would buy an unlocked device from BB or the like if needed. I just haven't found a CDMA version of many of the newer devices and personally I would prefer a full screen. I like the hidden keyboard on the PRIV but now the Key1 and Key2 have forced the keyboard to take up space.
    KEY² LE is a Verizon certified BYOD device.
    11-09-18 01:41 PM
    I picked up a one month old Midnight Black OnePlus 6 (8 GB RAM, 128 GB storage) for $600 cash and couldn't be happier.
    For the sake of the conversation, I'll add my recent experience, some of which is described in a couple of other threads.

I was a BB user starting with the 8320, ending with the Passport and a recent brief flirtation with the Key2 LE. I got the K2LE because I missed the PKB. It wasn't a case of not being able to get used to a VKB; I just missed some of the advantages of the PKB. I've been using Android for a few years without too much stress.

Unfortunately, the K2LE wasn't right for me, for a couple of reasons, one of which is fixable, the other really isn't. The unfixable one is, the screen and maximum font are simply too small for my 65 year-old eyes. They had to be, because the entire screen is scaled down to accommodate the PKB. Many people do just fine reading that screen with the font set to less than maximum. I was not one of them, and quickly started getting eyestrain headaches. There's not much they can do about that. The Passport, in comparison, was much easier on my eyes, but that form factor is not an option in Android. I have also realized that the font sizes in Android Pie are a bit more limited than they were in Oreo.

The other, fixable, thing has to do with the keyboard. A hobby that takes up a fair amount of my time is the language Esperanto, which has six letters with special diacritics. Gboard, and some other VKBs, support this language (Gboard even has Esperanto predictive text); BlackBerry does not. I could, and did, install GBoard on my K2LE, but switching to and from it is a clumsy and annoying process. I knew that my frustration level would only rise. Unfortunately, BlackBerry's version of Android is not set up to make seamless use of other VKBs. They could do something about this in the future, and maybe they will. In the meantime, I returned the K2LE and picked up a OnePlus 6t, now available on T-Mobile.

I had a very good experience with the original OnePlus One. The Android I'm replacing is the LG G6, which will go on sale soon. I've had the 6t for a week today. The experience has been mostly very good, except for the fingerprint sensor which is less responsive than the one on the LG G6. I'll mention that the space bar fingerprint sensor on the K2LE was close to the 6t in performance, maybe a tad better. The 6t has an onscreen sensor, which sounds cool but I think a dedicated sensor is probably always going to be better.

Apart from that, I have no complaints. The 6t is very friendly to my eyes, and the battery life is outstanding (the K2LE was good in that department too). I will continue to watch to see if an upcoming BB will work for me.
    11-09-18 01:45 PM
    I've had the 6t for a week today. The experience has been mostly very good, except for the fingerprint sensor which is less responsive than the one on the LG G6. I'll mention that the space bar fingerprint sensor on the K2LE was close to the 6t in performance, maybe a tad better. The 6t has an onscreen sensor, which sounds cool but I think a dedicated sensor is probably always going to be better.
    People are reporting that Oxygen OS 9.0.5 update for the 6T has increased the responsiveness of the in screen finger print reader by about 50%. There were also some gesture improvements made in this update so check to see if you have it ready to download.

Steve
    11-09-18 09:17 PM
    After nearly 10 years as part of the BlackBerry family, October 2018 was the end of the line for me and BlackBerry.

My DTEK50 was starting to act a little flaky (slowing down, random reboots, internal storage near capacity etc.) but the battery still got me through almost a full day so it was still pretty usable after two years.

I looked at the Key One, Motion and Key2, but when I compared the specs/features of those phones to the price I was going to pay for them, it just didn't make sense for me to stick with BlackBerry any longer, so I picked up a one month old Midnight Black OnePlus 6 (8 GB RAM, 128 GB storage) for $600 cash and couldn't be happier. The seller gave me the original receipt from August 14th ($769.00 + Tax), the original box and all the accessories as well as two official OnePlus 6 cases (Ebony Wood and Karbon Bumper).

The OnePlus 6 is blazing fast, the screen is gorgeous, the cameras are a major leap forward compared to BlackBerry cameras, and the battery gets me through a full day of heavy usage (5-5.5 hours screen on time) or two full days of normal usage (~2 hours screen on time per day). Oxygen OS is very smooth and the November Android security patch came though on November 2nd.

The only negative things I have to say about the OnePlus 6 is the tiny/dim notification LED and the weak vibration motor compared to BlackBerry, apart from that the phone has been awesome so far.

I still have a few of my old BlackBerry devices that I'll continue to hold on to (Z10 Developer Edition, Dev Alpha C, Z30, DTEK50 and of course my PlayBook, LOL), and I've installed BB Hub onto the phone so I haven't completely given up on BlackBerry

Steve
    Bold 9000 -> Torch 9800 -> Z10 Developer Edition -> Z30 -> DTEK50 -> OnePlus 6
    Same here.... I have had the Torch2, Z30, Passport SE, Priv, and Dtek60.

The horrendous experience I had with the Dtek60 drove me away from BlackBerry. I now have the Samsung S9+, and it's excellent. My second choice would have been the OnePlus 6 since the price can't be beat. I chose the Samsung S9+ for the excellent camera, the wireless charging, the headphone jack, large bright display, 6MB RAM, fast CPU, excellent external speakers, and solid build.
    11-10-18 08:49 AM
    Same here.... I have had the Torch2, Z30, Passport SE, Priv, and Dtek60.

The horrendous experience I had with the Dtek60 drove me away from BlackBerry. I now have the Samsung S9+, and it's excellent. My second choice would have been the OnePlus 6 since the price can't be beat. I chose the Samsung S9+ for the excellent camera, the wireless charging, the headphone jack, large bright display, 6MB RAM, fast CPU, excellent external speakers, and solid build.
    I really wish they'd make an Android One version of the S series. Although that would be dumb for Samsung to do ($$).

Great hardware, horrible software.
    11-10-18 09:21 AM
    I really wish they'd make an Android One version of the S series. Although that would be dumb for Samsung to do ($$).

Great hardware, horrible software.
    True, and the Samsung bloatware is annoying; For example, I think I have five calendars: Samsung, Android, BlackBerry, Google, and Outlook.

NOTE: Samsung is doing a major reboot of their version of Android with the upcoming S10 and Note10 for 2019, as well as the new foldable phone. CNET has videos of all these upcoming innovations.
    11-10-18 09:36 AM
    My KeyOne was stolen out of my car while grocery shopping. So after 10 years using nothing but BlackBerry's I made the switch to the Pixel 3 XL. Though I liked the K1 - I struggled with the lame antenna, poor voice quality, and weak speakerphone. The Pixel fixes all those issues - strong consistent LTE connection, clear voice calls, and stereo front facing speakers that get loud! I wondered how I'd manage without a PKB and the HUB, but surprisingly I've adjusted well and am getting things done almost as fast as on the K1. I know Google's a data mining hog and the OS isn't hardened like BB, but I'm not sure BB's are more secure than other Android phone anyway + I do run an always on VPN.

So I leave the Blackberry with mixed feelings... Who knows, in two or three years I may return.
    11-24-18 12:01 PM
3,266 ... 116117118119120 ...