Well, I have the S8 and have been using it for a week now.

I'm mostly using the stock apps for email, calendar and contacts with my work and home email. The interface is much better than I expected after seeing how the TouchWiz looked on my oldest son's S4.

I tried the Nova launcher, but I'm living with a cleaned up TouchWiz right now. Turned off or disabled Bixby as much as I could. Removed the Google search bar on the home screen. Loaded up Cobalt's BlackBerry Manager to get the BlackBerry keyboard - works great. I tried living with the Samsung keyboard, even tried Swift Key for a day, but I missed the word flick feature of the BB10 vkb.

I tried Light Flow, but the notification LED is so dim that trying different colors other than the basic red, green and blue just doesn't really work well.

I did get one of those hybrid cases with the rubber surround and hard shell cover that leaves the rubber exposed on the top and bottom - something to bounce off of. It also provides enough of an edge to hold the phone without touching the edge screen... as much. In fact, I turned off the edge feature. It was of no use to me.

Since I'm using the same Google account that I already had on my Z10 using Cobalt's patched Google Play Store, I downloaded all the same apps I had on Z10 to the S8. Boy, what a difference much newer hardware makes with these apps.
    Sorry I ment Galaxy 7 Edge.. Hehehehehe I guess I type too fast sometimes. Anyways I may try the 8 one day soon. Thanks for the heads up.
    08-04-17 01:55 AM
    I am overall surprisingly satisfied with the Dtek50 - still inferior to the Z30 in many ways, but the apps, bluetooth, and phone reception have been flawless.

I tried earlier version of iPhone and Samsung Edge - both big failures. idk about their latest versions. They have great advertising though 10/10. The Edge is a sexy beast for placement in movies and ads - visually stunning.
    08-07-17 04:44 PM
    After 11 years of blackberry I've had enough. My Passport dying after the upgrade to 10.3.3 was the last straw. In addition, the company has become joke since Chen took over. The BBM fiasco being the latest string of mishaps.

Bye bye blackberry. You've lost a long time customer. And I was a huge advocate for the longest time.

I bought myself a Xaiomi Redmi Note 4Pro. $200 canadian . No shipping fees, no customs fees, and no tax. Right to the front door. And it's an impressive device with a killer battery.

No Keyone for me. That's lipstick on a pig. If you're pushing Android then I'll buy a real Android, for a fraction of the cost.

Good luck to the remaining BB10 users still out there. I honestly thought I'd be the last one standing.
    rt2567 and Greenghost2212 like this.
    09-02-17 11:40 PM
    Only reason I went back to BB, first to passport then to KeyOne is because I had to turn in my note7. I bought edge7 in the meantime but gave it to my SO. Been sporting keyone for 3 months now and I'm 10% inclined to go for note8 after reading this thread. Not looking for an advice or anything just felt like sharing.

Loving the keyone BTW.
    09-06-17 11:28 AM
    Went S8. Love it.
    09-07-17 04:32 AM
    Finally had to give up my much loved Z10. Will not go droid or Apple. Bought a nice used Microsoft Lumia 950 dual sim. Amazing phone with all the apps I will ever need. So long Blackberry - I will miss the keyboard and hub, not much else.
    09-13-17 09:50 PM
    Just bought a Note 8 and all I can say is...I'm returning it

I'm not actually a legacy BlackBerry user, I had a bunch of iPhones, then Huawei Mate 8, then DTEK60. (Tried a Passport very briefly; I'm just not a pkb guy.)

Everyone has their own preferences, but what led me to BlackBerry and is keeping me here (for now) is the privacy and near stock android experience.

The S-Pen on the Note 8 is phenomenal - my dream for now is something similar in a BlackBerry - but holy lord was it bloated, heavily skinned, and defaulted to auto load all sorts of info to the cloud.

Things I was particularly not a fan of:

- much fewer OEM apps can be uninstalled or disabled
    - Facebook comes pre-installed and most you can do is disable it
    - it detects your carrier, then automatically installs a bunch of bloatware from it, some of which can't be disabled
    - in order to change themes/visual appearance you have to sign into a Samsung account, which defaults to backing up your phone and syncing contacts and such to their cloud
    - the skin is so heavy, and the privacy settings are so spread out it is difficult to have confidence that you are opting yourself out of everything you can
    - a number of the setup screens misleadingly clump things together, so e.g. opting in to enhanced tracking for ad analytics is presented below the EULA and privacy disclaimer, insinuating you have to accept and not noting that it is optional
    - the dual cameras are excellent, but the camera app has bloatware, like bixby vision, inside it, presented as a main option anytime you open the camera
    - while there are apps that can remap the bixby button, I couldn't find one that didn't require secure boot to be disabled to work
    - the positioning of the fingerprint reader is indeed horrible; I don't see how you use it one handed with your left hand
    - to use biometrics to authenticate anything with Samsung (e.g. Samsung pay) you are informed that your biometrics have to be uploaded to their cloud; it's not something that can happen on the device
    - while IP68 certified and cool with water, the device is incredibly fragile for drops, and the protrusion of the screen gives me little faith that a case would protect it (the way my Incipio Dual Pro protects my DTEK60)

I 110% acknowledge that Samsung offers a whole lot of benefits over the DTEK60 and other BlackBerry offerings, and that not everyone is a privacy hawk like me. The Note 8 is going to be the right choice and a great value proposition for a lot of people. I just wanted to give a report on what I see as some serious, non-trivial shortcomings of the Note 8, and more broadly the Samsung ecosystem.
    09-16-17 11:02 AM
    I have never carried anything but a Blackberry. Sadly my Priv has been freezing and overheating badly the last few weeks, it's become unreliable. Google maps froze while I was driving 3 times this week.

Last night I did what I never thought I would, I grabbed a very lightly used S7 Edge.

Sad to say goodbye but Blackberry has nothing for me to buy and honestly after paying big bucks for a Priv I'm hugely disappointed in the product. Maybe again someday but after 13+ years of loyalty I'm done.
    Moving away for good too. BB user ever since I got my first cell phone. Tired of the lies or half lies since they decided to ditch BB10, the unreliable support and security updates. It's not even how their phones look or perform anymore. Just lost faith after years of steadfast support.
    09-22-17 04:21 PM
    I went from Priv which BROKE on me. the slider thing snapped. I used to play with it to much while walking i would open and close it constantly. lol

FIDGET PRIV!~!

Now i have an S7 Edge for about 8 months? something like that. Its a great phone. I use nova launcher and it never lags and gets hot like my priv used to!

I do however PAY FOR BB HUB $1.29 a month. because I cant stand other email clients for business. I have about 10 emails.
    My coworkers have the keyone and its a gem. I think i'd be happy with it...but im happy with my phone atm.

My next phone could be the keyone 2 or s9. who knows! the great thing about android is customization's.
    10-09-17 12:40 PM
    I love my Blackberry Classic. But the app gate gets bigger and bigger. Also for my business... my drobbox won't work. And many more apps.

Help me on my twitter account i have a poll started.

I hate Android so much but love a hardware keyboard like the KeyOne. I don't know what phone i should buy.
    iOS is for me the best option. But iPhones look soooo boring . . .

https://twitter.com/Mack_Man86/statu...99960542887936
    10-25-17 01:44 PM
    Blackberry keyone by far. I was a hater of android before i got the keyone, but so far it's been great, no issues at all. The interface of the keyone is much cleaner than the new ios iphone. My mother got the 8 plus, and i don't like the feel of it, i preffered ios 10, but would still go for the keyone android, its fast, doesn't lag and no freezes, easy to use and navigate. As for the look of the phone, keyone hands down. Not only is it more strikingly beautiful, you have the nice chrome finish borders and on the top with the 2 cameras and the call speaker in the centre, the way it is centred is stylish, then u have the beautiful gloss keyboard, with the chrome frets between the keys, look and feel premium. The back you have a big camera with a grip back, seems like blackberry are the only phone makers that still stick with a back grip, while other phone makers want you to drop the phone and take it in for repair, or buy their brand cases. so whether its back or front, to me the keyone is the most striking phone on the market, it is a beautiful "device". Tired of the all screen slabs. The phone also has weight to it, it feels premium made, not light and cheap. The battery is amazing. If you decide to go for the key one, stick with the original chrome over the all black.
    10-25-17 10:03 PM
    Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact. Had the K1 for a while, too big...
    10-26-17 06:40 AM
    Blackberry keyone by far. I was a hater of android before i got the keyone, but so far it's been great, no issues at all. The interface of the keyone is much cleaner than the new ios iphone. My mother got the 8 plus, and i don't like the feel of it, i preffered ios 10, but would still go for the keyone android, its fast, doesn't lag and no freezes, easy to use and navigate. As for the look of the phone, keyone hands down. Not only is it more strikingly beautiful, you have the nice chrome finish borders and on the top with the 2 cameras and the call speaker in the centre, the way it is centred is stylish, then u have the beautiful gloss keyboard, with the chrome frets between the keys, look and feel premium. The back you have a big camera with a grip back, seems like blackberry are the only phone makers that still stick with a back grip, while other phone makers want you to drop the phone and take it in for repair, or buy their brand cases. so whether its back or front, to me the keyone is the most striking phone on the market, it is a beautiful "device". Tired of the all screen slabs. The phone also has weight to it, it feels premium made, not light and cheap. The battery is amazing. If you decide to go for the key one, stick with the original chrome over the all black.
    Thx for your feedback. Sounds interesting but when I get the KeyOne then I buy the all black. But I'm afraid of android. I hate my Priv so hard. So laggy and too much issues. I don't wanna pay 650€ and then I'm not happy with this device. I know iOS 11 it's not the best looking os but it works perfectly for me. Mmmhhh I don't know :/

Posted via CB10
    10-28-17 09:38 AM
    Thx for your feedback. Sounds interesting but when I get the KeyOne then I buy the all black. But I'm afraid of android. I hate my Priv so hard. So laggy and too much issues. I don't wanna pay 650€ and then I'm not happy with this device. I know iOS 11 it's not the best looking os but it works perfectly for me. Mmmhhh I don't know :/

Posted via CB10
    Give me an example of what u experienced on the priv with lag. I will try copy Ur situation on my KEYone and see what happens.I have 113 apps on my KEYone, and it runs smooth and fast. Haven't had any technical issues yet.
    10-28-17 04:27 PM
    Give me an example of what u experienced on the priv with lag. I will try copy Ur situation on my KEYone and see what happens.I have 113 apps on my KEYone, and it runs smooth and fast. Haven't had any technical issues yet.
    Every app, every situation

Posted via CB10
    10-30-17 06:52 AM
    So today I placed my iphone X order. I was just not sold on the K1's. I just couldnt commit due to some of the 'noise' regarding build, reception issues and antenna, bluetooth etc etc. I know there are probably just as much without issues but I didnt want to have to deal with work arounds and what not. I am not techy at all and just want something that works well & fluently without potential problems. And anyway I *really* despise those home buttons, arrow and square buttons. I feel like its a step backwards.
    I have a million questions with iphones but dont really seem to get my questions fully answered so I figure the best way to deal with it was to try it out on my own. The fact they went gestures really made the decision easier for me. In the mean time it gives BBmo & TCL an opportunity evolve their product a bit. Maybe release a couple more phones with better specs & build. Maybe more blackberryish, if that makes any sense.

It drives me nuts when they have too many releases in a short time. I would like to think I have their most up to date product ( at least for 10-12 mo) then something else comes up less than that. I missed out on the PP SE version. Almost had myself a K1 then Black Edition comes up and now rumors of K2 coming up which i would rather have. I figure in a couple years things will be better with them.

We will see how it goes. Oh well BB. I have read it before here but seriously, I really did think I would be last man standing here. I will keep an eye open for sure, to see if things change. They are going in the right direction. It also gives me a chance to see what the sheep are up to and decide for myself. Ugh. I feel dirty.
    11-08-17 01:34 PM
    Try using blackberry launcher, and put some icons with hold touch to peek the widget, you'll get lags, guaranteed.
    11-08-17 03:12 PM
    finally my turn to move away from BB. Had the z10, z30. Left for a bit to an LG and came back when the PRIV was released. overall loved the idea of the phone, feel in hand, and the BlackBerry android apps, but from day 1 it just wasn't a smooth device and I was a bit disappointed they didn't try to work in a bit more BB10 flair. After almost 2 years, Finally broke down and got an LG G6 which I have to say is an amazing phone. Moved over some of BlackBerry android apps and I can't see going back, especially since there is no touch screen android on the horizon in the us
    11-27-17 07:15 PM
    Have you lost your mind? Get a keyone!
    11-28-17 12:16 AM
    Have you lost your mind? Get a keyone!
    If you want an android phone, then just buy a real android phone.
    Greenghost2212 likes this.
    12-10-17 09:26 PM
    So the KEYone is a fake Android phone? 😁
    12-10-17 09:33 PM
    Ya. Just buy any another Android device that has enterprise grade security, a huge battery, and a capacitive-touch physical keyboard.
    12-10-17 10:54 PM
    it's the only complete android phone out there, and the best.
    12-10-17 10:58 PM
    Ya. Just buy any another Android device that has enterprise grade security, a huge battery, and a capacitive-touch physical keyboard.
    The new android style Blackberrys aren't more secure than any other Android phone buddy. And it's plenty of high and mid range android phones that have more battery life.
    rt2567 likes this.
    12-25-17 03:07 PM
    it's the only complete android phone out there, and the best.
    Yeah right bro lol. I don't think so.
    12-25-17 03:08 PM
3,266 ... 114115116117118 ...