It was not classic to change from blackberry to android.
    It's easy
    05-25-19 09:52 PM
    My last BB Device

My battery of the KEYone is worser and worser so I was thinking to buy the key2 LE for around 450 euro or the KEY 2 for around 650 euro.

My KEYone camera is better then both devices and the price sucks in every way. Still I wanted a keybaord device but then the camera . I like to make pictures manual and get good results with the KEYone . So I was thinking to buy the KEYone black but after two weeks my thoughts where NO.

I decided to go for the Huawai Mate 20 with 6GB RAM and 128 GB storage and a good camera. It feel akward to leave the brand after BlackBerry 10, but my huawai tablet get more security updates then all my BlackBerry at home. I miss BBOS10 and android is android.

So there you have it a new device for 389,00 euro (discount for members) and moving away from BlackBerry and maybe, maybe I ever will return. I also find out there is a cashback of 100 euro so at the end I pay 289,00 .

Bold, Curve, Z10,Z3, Z30, Q5, Passport ,Passport SE, Prive, DTEK50, Aurora, Motion and final KEYone.

Good luck .

p.s the reason I left BB because there is no reason to move to a KEY2 or KEY2LE for the camera and maybe for a more quicker device but KEYone works great enough for me, but I like to have a better camera. I also think to wait for a KEY3 is no option because i don;t think it get great specs, camera but I know for sure it will just get more expensive. Also the monthly update's is a fail. Also Android is Android and not BB10. It doesn't feel I use a BlackBerry anymore. It just another Android device and also the hub has issues. I also don't understand why BLackBerry has not build in more gesture swipe in Android because it's possible. So there are some other stuff and I will miss the keyboard and a learning curve is awaiting for me.

The second one that will leave BlackBerry would be my wife because my daughter will get here Motion because my daughter device (also BlackBerry )is getting old and slow. But BlackBerry has no full screen devices new so she will probarly go for a Nokia 7.1 or 8.1

Be Happy Be Bold Be BB
    So far as I can tell, the key2 has a better camera (more detail), at least outside of night shots.
    05-30-19 09:59 PM
    From the Pearl in 2006 to the Passport ... 11 years with Blackberry. As the first Android/BERRY was to be released, only having used BBOS's, I went over to Android to learn that OS. I'm not one to buy a product until it's been street tested ,, I bought a Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus.... get rid of all the junk, tweaked it and I was hooked. I now have Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus and a Note 9. The ONLY thing I miss is the Blackberry Keyboard but I rarely use a keyboard. "Hey Google" turns on all my components... Sony Smart 7.2 Receiver , Sony 60" smart TV with Android inside, Tivo, Sonos, custom built PC and of course my mobile devices.
    Blackberry just can't compete.
    05-30-19 11:07 PM
    From the Pearl in 2006 to the Passport ... 11 years with Blackberry. As the first Android/BERRY was to be released, only having used BBOS's, I went over to Android to learn that OS. I'm not one to buy a product until it's been street tested ,, I bought a Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus.... get rid of all the junk, tweaked it and I was hooked. I now have Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus and a Note 9. The ONLY thing I miss is the Blackberry Keyboard but I rarely use a keyboard. "Hey Google" turns on all my components... Sony Smart 7.2 Receiver , Sony 60" smart TV with Android inside, Tivo, Sonos, custom built PC and of course my mobile devices.
    What keyboard? A physical one (pkb) or virtual keyboard (vkb)?
    You can actually use blackberry vkb in your non-blackberry android phonr through cobalt port here

/android-apps-f444/working-blackberry-priv-apps-any-android-device-no-root-required-1059855/
    05-31-19 03:36 AM
    What keyboard? A physical one (pkb) or virtual keyboard (vkb)?
    You can actually use blackberry vkb in your non-blackberry android phonr through cobalt port here

/android-apps-f444/working-blackberry-priv-apps-any-android-device-no-root-required-1059855/
    Thanks Chain! I wasn't very specific ....Before the Earth rained down "mobile," I custom built PC's and got hooked in the land of Tweak. When I got my first Blackberry I tore it apart (not physically) and had it down in no time.Then I entered the search for Tweakdom. I found a lot to download, then one day I typed in BB tweaks in the search box and I arrived at a website called BBTweaks.com. It was made up of five guys with very little interest in attracting members (I didn't know about MobiIeNations at the time.)
    In a land before smart, in the time of dumb, These guys were creating Blackberry OS Hybrids basically for themselves. They had no members. After two weeks , they gave me my own set of keys becoming (not a member) but a part of the group. When the Bold Arrived that became a game changer for us. While on the search for can't remember what, I found myself in Crackberry (a kid in a candy story.) I immediately jumped in volunteering in the forums. Not long after that, several Mods began working overtime .Thus began my introduction into learning the concept of "Family Friendly." My approach to moaners and groaners was a bit too straight forward. Looking back some years later, I realized they thought I must have gotten lost on my way back home to The Addams Family cause by comparison I had entered Mr Roger's neighborhood. I believe I was the model used to create the original concept for the "Trusted Members Club." (LOL)
    Anyway, Chains, I understand what you're suggesting AND I can't remember what I had for breakfast. One reason I've moved on is because (just my opinion) todays BB's don't quite stand up to those from the days of RIM.
    And it won't be long before Mobile devices go the way of rotary phones and answering machines, replaced by digital microchip implants. And just when they get that right, the machines will start to revolt.

Switching from BlackBerry to another Device, say your goodbyes here PLEASE DON'T START A NEW THREAD!-0251.gif
    Drael646464 and Tim-ANC like this.
    06-01-19 06:29 AM
    Just put down my Keyone for a Pixel 3a. So far I am loving the switch. I took a break from BlackBerry once in 2015 to give a couple of different phones a try. Then I came back with the priv. Figured I was back for good this time. Then I got the Keyone and finally thought I was here to stay.

Then I had to ask myself, why am I still with BlackBerry? Don't get me wrong. I love BlackBerry products but I started to feel like I was settling. I was a sucker for the physical keyboard. Loved every second of it. But I was giving up so much more for a great physical keyboard.

Flirted with the Pixel 3a for the past month. Had to weigh the options and ask myself: if I put down this BlackBerry Keyone what would I be gaining?

1. I would be gaining a terrific camera.
    2. I would have 3 years of support with updates.
    3. I would have one of the smoothest and best android experiences put there.

What would I be losing from the Keyone?

1. PKB
    2. FM Radio (by far not the biggest deal in the world to me)

I can go on about how many more things are better about the 3a than the Keyone. All in all the point is this, purchase what is best for you. Right now I choose to bet on the Pixel devices. BlackBerry will always be in my blood. That is why I still use their email and other software. I am just getting out of their hardware business the same way as they have. I would rather support their software. I have mastered the pkb. Its time for me to master the vkb (by BlackBerry of course lol)

I wrote this for someone who may be considering the Pixel 3a. It is a great buy where you will get awesome support and an awesome camera.
    dantheman77 and chain13 like this.
    07-04-19 11:47 PM
    I have been a Blackberry user for a long as I can remember.

It was with hesitation that I purchased a Blackberry Keyone android two + years ago as the spec was not as good as other phones for the money but have been quite please how this phone has performed.

However even today as a heavy daily user I average 14 hours a day between charges and since the Oreo update this phone is still doing a great job for my daily needs.

I have started to look at other phones such as Pixel 3, Sony, Samsung and they all don't offer the battery life nor the business combination and communication I need in a smartphone.

The Key2 with the dual SIM is a possibility but I am wary of the camera performance with PIE OS it will most like be my next phone.

By then the Key3 hopefully comes to market late this year or early 2020 with, twin speakers, 6 Ram, a slightly better performance chip, FM Radio Jack, 64k memory, Dtek, a slightly larger screen like the latest Sony Xperia phones and a great battery life.
    Last edited by MartyE; 07-21-19 at 01:19 PM.
    chain13 likes this.
    07-21-19 07:11 AM
    I am using BlackBerry Curve and I am Satisified with its performance.
    08-07-19 04:14 AM
    I am using BlackBerry Curve and I am Satisified with its performance.
    WOW that’s unbelievable that carrier supports Curve usage today. Amazing!!
    08-07-19 07:45 AM
    I am a bit sad to say, I dropped my Key2 LE about 2 weeks ago, went to best buy to do my rapid replacement and they were unable to replace. Instead they gave me a $449.99 gift card for a phone I had paid only $320 plus taxes for. Since there is no new BB in sight I used the gift card to get a just black Pixel 3. I reopened my subscription to the BB hub + programs and have my BB keyboard thanks to Cobalt. I have had 17 BlackBerries since 2005. I am wondering with the state of things if I have had my last. I don't regret my choice. This phone is leaps and bounds more capable. It just doesn't have the wonderful physical keyboard that I love so much. Leads me to wonder. What is BlackBerry was to license the qwerty and all of it's capabilities to everyone? Also makes me wonder, when another BlackBerry is on the horizon. I would love to see another atempt at a slider with some real specs. Anyways, feels weird not to use a BB day to day, but things change.
    08-13-19 01:49 PM
    I am a bit sad to say, I dropped my Key2 LE about 2 weeks ago, went to best buy to do my rapid replacement and they were unable to replace. Instead they gave me a $449.99 gift card for a phone I had paid only $320 plus taxes for. Since there is no new BB in sight I used the gift card to get a just black Pixel 3. I reopened my subscription to the BB hub + programs and have my BB keyboard thanks to Cobalt. I have had 17 BlackBerries since 2005. I am wondering with the state of things if I have had my last. I don't regret my choice. This phone is leaps and bounds more capable. It just doesn't have the wonderful physical keyboard that I love so much. Leads me to wonder. What is BlackBerry was to license the qwerty and all of it's capabilities to everyone? Also makes me wonder, when another BlackBerry is on the horizon. I would love to see another atempt at a slider with some real specs. Anyways, feels weird not to use a BB day to day, but things change.
    Either way, the Pixel 3 is a good slab and I currently own one as well that I sometimes carry along with my KEY2. It will never replace it as a primary communicator though.
    08-15-19 12:37 PM
    My daughter started with the Z3 and the last 2,5 years she used the BB Aurora and she switch it now for a Galaxy M20 power with 5000 mAh battery. The Motion was not an option becasue support end in oktober 2019.

My wife has the same issue and uses BlackBerry devices now for 12 years and wanted to switch her Motion at the end of the year but no new device so she is gone swap it probarly for a new brand.

I wait how IFA 2019 in Berlin will end and if TCL come with some news for this year or else I gone trade in my keyone also for another brand. KEY2 is a no go with only one year support and android 8 .

The KEYone don't even get update"s since april 2019. So i also lose soe faith in security off the device and the future on the long run . They should support it for 3 years.

So if there are no new upgrade device for the motion or key device then my whole family will move away from the brand. It's strange but there is no choice at the moment and there silence is deafening.
    arif b santoso and chain13 like this.
    09-01-19 05:14 PM
    I sell my xs max and I buy key2.i don’t know if I am crazy but I do it.
    09-08-19 06:49 PM
    There is nothing crazy about personal preference.
    09-08-19 07:30 PM
    It's just a phone
    09-08-19 11:25 PM
    Trying to switch from a key 2 to pixel 3axl with root features
    09-26-19 04:20 PM
    Starting next year.. in 2020 to be exact.. I'll leave BlackBerry.

My daily (primary) smartphone device at the moment is the BlackBerry Priv and I'm still rocking with, but soon this will be modified to a back up (secondary) smartphone device.

My new upcoming daily (primary) smartphone device in 2020 is the Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 1TB Color Black, Off contract.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ginowine; 10-04-19 at 07:42 AM.
    09-27-19 02:26 AM
    goodbye blackberry...

it's been hell of a ride since 2008. we've shared tons of experiences and memories together. we stood up with each other day in and day out. we had our ups and downs but through the years we still held up and stayed together.

I will miss your keyboard so much. I will miss how fast and natural it is to type on it. I will miss your LED lights too. the only one that lets me know what's up even before I open you up. I will sorely miss you locker app (key2). who keeps my private files and apps secure. I will miss your quick split screen just by tap and holding an app. even though you're an Android now you're still the most productive and natural device I've ever owned. everything is faster with you where it matters most.

I had to say sorry for leaving you because you let me down twice already with your fingerprint scanner giving up on me twice (key1 and key2). and then my front facing camera fogged up inside making vid calls unbearable for my loved ones.

I'm sorry for succumbing to beauty over functionality and hence... my replacement from you...

Samsung Galaxy s10+

it's so hard and slow moving around and feels so unnatural. but it's beautiful.

goodbye (for now). I'll come back to you in a heartbeat when you release a more premium, beautiful and reliable hardware.

love, tj
    olfacius and Wrightyy1 like this.
    10-23-19 06:05 AM
    I used to be a Blackberry devotee for over 8 years maybe 10, my change came about two years ago roughly when I changed from my key 1, the reason I changed was because too much marketing was obviously involved in the sale and description of the handset as it just could not live up to everything that it was promised to be. it just couldn't cope with basic functions of a phone that it's gig was supposed to have, and the processor couldn't cope. I was not receiving Any but 1 of the monthly updates during the12 months I had it, as marketing pledged to receive upon a a monthly basis!
    I changed for another phone that I liked the look of for quite some time which was the Sony Xperia xz1, I have the same phone up till today almost 2 years later and EVERY single month without fail this phone has received software update this phone also received the Android update can't remember if was OREO or something upon schedule, this phone Copes brilliantly with the Sheer number of the apps I have within it. it isn't slow no it doesn't drag and it's everything I expect a smartphone to be. it made me realise that I should have left BlackBerry years ago as people told me to! Blackberry just did not show enough respect for its devotees of which I was one buying nothing but blackberry..! what I still do though is use BlackBerry Enterprise and that way I keep best of BlackBerry with me as for the handsets it's never again! Blackberrie's promises reminded me of someone that's getting a divorce and doesn't want one, and will say anything they can in order to keep that person from leaving them, and they don't want to them to leave, and they promise changes and improvements! the sooner you realise that the better you can move on with your life!!!! To me this was like a bad marriage and blackberry enterprise was like having access to the kids lol
    Last edited by Temujiin; 10-25-19 at 08:31 AM. Reason: Grammar mistakes
    10-25-19 05:56 AM
    Starting next year.. in 2020 to be exact.. I'll leave BlackBerry.

My daily (primary) smartphone device at the moment is the BlackBerry Priv and I'm still rocking with, but soon this will be modified to a back up (secondary) smartphone device.

My new upcoming daily (primary) smartphone device in 2020 is the Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 1TB Color Black, Off contract.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-19 06:12 AM
    I'm quite disappointed ... My K1 has a lot of issues after 2+ years.

- The capacity of the keyboard just don't work sometimes (can't insert, delete,.. Words)

- the sensor which turns of the screen while having a phone call doesn't work from time to time

- when I turn down the volume and I want to listen to a voice-message in whatsapp in phone-position it sometimes take over the phone-call-volume to the speakers which is super annoying

- the navigation-buttons have big issues... they just don't work or have heavy delays on some days

- the fingerprint-sensor gets worse every week

- I wrote the support but no help

--> I paid fivehundred euros for that phone and it has so many issues that I don't want to spend another sevenhundred for red k2 which still isn't available here. I really thought that some messages were read to improve the phones so we can get back to the BlackBerry-Standards we all were used to years ago. My Classic is unbreakable and still works but the k1 sucks by now.

How is it possible to make so many things wrong with a solid fan base....
    11-12-19 04:31 AM

- The capacity of the keyboard just don't work sometimes (can't insert, delete,.. Words)

- the sensor which turns of the screen while having a phone call doesn't work from time to time

- when I turn down the volume and I want to listen to a voice-message in whatsapp in phone-position it sometimes take over the phone-call-volume to the speakers which is super annoying

- the navigation-buttons have big issues... they just don't work or have heavy delays on some days

--> I paid fivehundred euros for that phone and it has so many issues that I don't want to spend another sevenhundred for red k2 which still isn't available here. I really thought that some messages were read to improve the phones so we can get back to the BlackBerry-Standards we all were used to years ago. My Classic is unbreakable and still works but the k1 sucks by now.

Welcome to CrackBerry!!!!! Sorry to hear. How much available storage do you have left on device?
    11-12-19 08:18 PM

A factory reset may have helped with those issues. Can't say I've ever experienced any of them.
    11-12-19 08:51 PM
    Bye BlackBerry.
    11-12-19 09:18 PM
    Thank you!
    I habe 29 GB internal storage and 20 GB on the SD left. Also the screen starts shaking sometimes even if I don't even touch the phone and it stops when I touch the keyboard. I'm very carefull with my phone
    11-13-19 04:16 AM
3,266 ... 118119120121122 ...