Ive been thinking about trying out a Droid lately but love my Tour so I dont know which one ill keep. What im wondering is, if I switch from the BB to the Droid, does my bb email address get deleted or locked? Meaning if I were to eventually switch back to BB, do I need to pick another email address and all that, or will it be waiting for my return?

I hope that's clear..
    03-05-10 09:48 AM
    If you do not stop your BB plan it will stay...somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-10 10:35 AM
    That would suck if I had to pay the BB data plan and the regular VZW data plan just to not loose my BB email address!
    03-05-10 10:52 AM
    I'm assuming it's just like any web email address. If you don't delete or de-activate your BIS account, I think it stays open.

Don't know for a fact tho...
    03-05-10 11:18 AM
    I don't know for sure either, however, I would assume that if you were to switch to a Droid, and in turn change your data plan from the BIS data plan, to the one for the Droid, that would in turn shut down your BIS account, since it would no longer be linked with an active BB.

Actually... I may be wrong about this. I switched carriers a while back from US Cellular to Verizon, I just tried to log into my US Cellular BIS account, and it let me log in... This leads me to believe that your BIS account never actually goes away, that you can still access it at any time, but that you need active BIS service to access it...

Anyone have a firm answer on this by chance?
    03-05-10 11:25 AM
    Thats what I would hope.. is they leave the email address alone. I was just fearful that with the deletion of BIS on VZW, they send that info back to BB and remove the user account. Which in itself isnt a big deal, but if they lockout the username for any amount of time, id be pissed. Not that I use my BB email address for anything important.. but I do like my address and would like to keep it if possible.
    03-05-10 12:06 PM
    I'm pretty sure the only time a BIS account will be deleted if you switch to a non-smartphone that doesn't require a data plan. I took back the droid, reactivated my BB with no problems and just had to re-verify my email accounts. You have to call a CSR to a do that since you're going from a BIS plan to a regular data plan.
    03-05-10 12:20 PM
    I'm pretty sure the only time a BIS account will be deleted if you switch to a non-smartphone that doesn't require a data plan. I took back the droid, reactivated my BB with no problems and just had to re-verify my email accounts. You have to call a CSR to a do that since you're going from a BIS plan to a regular data plan.
    Nice. And now you cant really have any phone on VZW without paying a dataplan it seems. Ill verify the info if/when I do try out a non-BB phone with a VZW rep.. but atleast that gives me piece of mind that I can try something else without loosing my address.
    03-05-10 12:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD