Hi Everyone -

I know this is probably a dumb question, but I'm giving a try. I work for a company that has just provided me with a 8900, which is a pretty decent device. The problem is that I already own a Bold device and I'm wondering if I can switch devices on my own. I'm using BES for email/calendar/address book and we did the activation of the 8900 wirelessly (that's what give me hope that maybe I'll be able to do the same with the Bold).

Any ideas?

Thanks, M.
    12-04-09 05:04 AM
    Probably won't work. The BES administrator must set you up on the BES and I believe it is PIN specific. From my experience, even when I upgrade my OS, I must get reactivated on the BES.
    12-04-09 06:38 AM
    Just tell your IT dept. that you want to use your personal BB. They may let you they may not depending on your company security policy. If they allow it, you would just give them your BB info and do a enterprise activation using your Bold. It shouldn't be a big deal to use your own because they control the device once activated on BES. But you should know, they can monitor everything you do even tho its your personal device

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-09 07:33 AM
    You will require your BES Admin to setup your new phone. Most all activations are done OTA (over the air). Just keep in mind that once you allow your device to become a part of their network, they will be able to monitor (if they choose) almost any and every thing you do on your BB.
    12-04-09 08:03 AM
    Great, thanks for the replies. The IT guy said he can give me the OTA activation password. Would that be enough? They said I can use my personal device, but they won't activate it for me. Do I have to pass any information to him?

Thanks a lot!
    JM
    12-14-09 12:29 PM
    If the IT guy will give you a password, you should be all set. Be sure you have a BES plan on your account and then you should be able to go to Enterprise Activation and go from there. You may be required to give the IT guy your PIN and I think he will have to reset your BES account to allow the new device to be activated.
    12-14-09 04:48 PM
    So, as it turns out, I did manage to migrate to BOLD
    Thanks everyone for your inputs on that one!

I still have one issue: Gmail app and Facebook used to work fine on my previous device, but now are saying I don't have data access. I'm sure the plan has it (as it worked well on the previous device). Besides, Ubertwitter and the browser work fine. App Store works great too.

Any ideas?

Best, JM
    12-15-09 03:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD