Jumping from my 8900 to a 9700.
    I've done research on here reading past threads but just want to make sure I'm doing this right. I'm with Cincinnati Bell Wireless so I'm just waiting on my unlock code to come thru for the T-Mo 9700 before I make the switch.

1. Backup current 8900

2a. Hook up devices and use DM device switch wizard
    or
    2b. Just restore the 8900 file to 9700 using DM?

3. Log into BIS and switch the PIN and IMEI there.
    4. Resend service books.
    5. Wait for new activation codes from Mobihand for 3rd party apps.

Is there any difference between using the switch wizard and just using the restore feature & the most current backup file?

Do I need to go into the "host routing table" option and register? Or is that only for brand new devices?

3rd party/purchased apps will be transferred to the 9700 but will be inactive until I get new codes from Mobihand, correct?

thanks for any help you guys can provide
    04-19-10 07:38 PM
    1,2,3 and 4 are correct.
    5) You have to log into your account at Mobihand and change your device info.
    That does not happen automatically

Device Switch Wizard is the better option as it makes one phone a carbon copy
    of the other.

Host Routing Table - can't hurt. If you don't see the browser or it opens only the
    WAP browser you definitely need to do it.

3rd party apps - Some will put you back on trial status and some simply won't
    work until you get the correct registration codes.
    04-19-10 08:22 PM
    ok thanks - I knew I had to log into Mobihand and do the change there as well, I just didn't want to start that process until I got everything switched over and running OK on the new one.
    thx again
    04-19-10 08:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD