1. kndlyunspokenxx's Avatar
    I don't know if this is the right place to put this, but I'll explain my situation & hopefully someone will be able to help.

    I am currently on a verizon plan with my family/parents. the contract is under their name, they pay the bill, etc. I am currently living 800 miles away so verizon needing them to get on the phone and confirm, or be with me in the store is pretty impossible.

    In may, for no real reason, I wanted a droid for my birthday. There's several things I love about the droid, so I certainly don't want to sell it & permanently switch back to my BB, but I wanted to switch for things that I liked better when the BB was involved. Texting in the car (not even when im driving, just as a passenger, smaller/lighter, etc). My idea was to just type in my code on verizon's website and activate my phone. It's refusing to let me do that, and I dont want to go into verizon everytime i want to switch back my phone.

    Can anyone help me figure out how to do this? or, if i do need to call verizon, will they not need to speak to my parents as long as I have the SS number on the account?

    09-18-10 10:20 PM
  2. Jghost23's Avatar
    I'm not sure how to switch between phones. But your parents can add you as an authorize user on their Verizon account and add a password to the account. When you call you supply the password and your name and they will speak to you about anything you like. This also works for going into the store. They will be able to help you in the store as long as you're an authorized user on the account. Hope this helps.
    09-18-10 10:29 PM
  3. the_sandman_454's Avatar
    I think you need to deal with a rep when you switch from BB to android and back because it changes the configuration of your plan since the bb needs a bis plan and android does not, even though the plan pricing is the same. I could be off base here though...
    09-18-10 10:46 PM