Good Morning Everyone,

I'm sure this post has been posted before but I will post it again; (Sorry) I am a former BB User, I had the storm 1, and the storm 2 and absoultely loved my storm 2. I currently have A Droid X, The phone is ok for the most part, however I must admit the one thing I miss is my push e-mail. even my gmail I see a 10-15 Minute delay sometimes. I never really saw this with my BB (Except My Work E-mail) but that was setup through OWA - (Outlook Web Access) Which didn't matter to me as it was work. Also, I would like to note I am on my second android in less then a month as the first one went belly up (dont ask me how) it got stuck in the bootloader, Verizon swapped it for me no problems or questions asked. The only thing I like about the droid more then the blackberry is more apps, and more apps are free. I thought maybe because I wasn't using a BES Server I wasn't reaping the full benefits of a Blackberry, But I will be honest I do miss my blackberry. What I am wondering is there anybody who went back to their blackberry after having a droid for a short time and did or did not regret switching back? I only have like 2-3 more days before the 30 day return is up on the Droid. I need some input people.

Thanks for your time and have a great day everybody
    02-28-11 08:49 AM
    Although I'd rather have more BB users, I would like to point out that Gmail accounts have Push, Some say that it is actually Faster than BB's as a matter of fact(5-10 seconds faster).

I never had a problem with mine except once when SPrint decided to randomly cut off my data.
    02-28-11 08:53 AM
    gmail, yahoo, hotmail and any activesync/exchange accounts are all push for android. did you not use the gmail app for your gmail?
    02-28-11 08:56 AM
    Yes I did, For Some reason it doesnt push. I've had this problem on both phones. i dont understand why either. Testing now, and Not having any luck. 1 Minute and counting, (Sorry for whining) as I know this is a blackberry site and not an android site.
    02-28-11 09:05 AM
    Ok, I got my e-mail to push, I think what it is for some reason is the reception in my home is not very good on my droid, however on my storm its alot better. Not only that The Ringtones are not as loud either but thats my problem as I should create some ringtones for it.
    02-28-11 09:10 AM
    Have you updated the PRL lately? Try that for the signal issues. My Droid 2 gets a more stable signal than my Tour got in the same places. I see no reason the X's radio should be worse.
    02-28-11 09:57 AM
    My friend went back to Blackberry after having a droid and never looked back.

I have seen many posts about it on here. If you miss your Blackberry go back and get one you like. Try it out.
    02-28-11 11:43 AM
    I was briefly considering switching to Android for my upgrade, but a few days after going back and forth between the Android phone and the BB Torch, I chose the Torch, and overall I am very happy with it so far. It just seems that a lot of Androids are marketed and designed for teens or for timewasting, which is something that I don't do with my phone. I didn't drop $150 to have my phone full of games and wacky apps that I will never use...every app on the BB Torch is useful in some way or another, and when I need to get on any Social Networking sites or browse the web in general, it is pretty quick and responsive, so I think I'll be sticking to the BB I picked.
    02-28-11 02:08 PM
    BlackBerry devices are solid. They may not do everything that an Android device can, but what they can do is top notch.

My Galaxy S has been my daily driver now for a couple of months and love everything about it. I still use my BlackBerry for some things, but definitely not as much as I did before.

When I pick up my old Tour, it feels so much more solid than the slender SGS. I can still type quickly, which is something I really liked about my BB. I miss the side convenience keys, and quick access to Vlingo. I miss how Drivesafe.ly reads everything as it arrives on the device, and can be reread (DS on Android has to check e-mail on the server instead of on the device). The way apps are integrated on BB is really nice.

I think if USCC had a Torch or Storm 2, I might have stayed with BB. It'll be interesting to see what the next set of BB device offer. The most important thing is finding a device that works best for you.
    02-28-11 02:36 PM
    I went from a Droid X to the Bold 9650 - I could not be happier. If browsing the web on your device is super-important to you, maybe stick with the X. I just could not get used to the virtual keyboard on the X. Much easier to type on the Bold.

Liker Xopher said, find the device that is right for you.
    02-28-11 03:13 PM
    I had the iPhone 4, and it's not all it's cracked up to be..
    I miss my Blackberry Bold 9000 ! I gave it to my daughter, as she needed a new phone, and she (like her Daddy) loves the Blackberry. I am no seriously considering the new Torch 9800. It seems like the best of both worlds, i.e. the new , very responsive touch screen, and the slide out keyboard. I miss the push EMails from my BIS. I will be making the purchase this week. I realize that I will have to pay the full retail price because my plan is not ready to upgrade. Will it be worth it? You bet your sweet BB it will ! I know not what course others may take, but as for me , give me Blackberry or give me ...a land line! (My apologies to Thomas Paine) Thank you Crackberry , and Happy Birthday!
    02-28-11 05:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD