I have been using a Blackberry since Christmas so forgive my newbness. One thing I have really found annoying is having to open a menu and either scroll to bottom to quit or guess at 'c' or 'e' for close or exit. A close window button (not run in background) or a swipe to close gesture in the operating system would be an improvement. I am guessing bb10 is going to have that as it is the same as the playbook. I just wanted to share a gripe I had about the 9900. Love the phone almost never use the touch screen though as the heart of the operating system runs so well from the scroll pad. Not sure what the torch users do hehe. Anyway I ramble as it is late and I should be sleeping I just really like to type on this keyboard.
    emirozmen likes this.
    01-03-12 01:24 AM
    I have been using a Blackberry since Christmas so forgive my newbness. One thing I have really found annoying is having to open a menu and either scroll to bottom to quit or guess at 'c' or 'e' for close or exit. A close window button (not run in background) or a swipe to close gesture in the operating system would be an improvement. I am guessing bb10 is going to have that as it is the same as the playbook. I just wanted to share a gripe I had about the 9900. Love the phone almost never use the touch screen though as the heart of the operating system runs so well from the scroll pad. Not sure what the torch users do hehe. Anyway I ramble as it is late and I should be sleeping I just really like to type on this keyboard.

If you just keep pressing the back button, it will automatically close the app.

It defaults to going back to your last page, but if there is no last page to go back to, it just closes the app. This is the easiest and fastest way for me. Usually I'll just "double-tap" (hehe) the back button and the app is closed immediately.
    01-03-12 01:40 AM
    From my understanding, tapping back only puts it on the background. If you hold down back, it will close most programs.

Scratch that. Just tried it and just tapping the back button does it. When did this happen? Swear I had to hold the back button back on the 9650.
    Last edited by m0c21; 01-03-12 at 03:46 AM.
    01-03-12 03:44 AM
    Just depends on the app. Most IMs won't close, some like foursquare and photobucket need closed, but most will when backed out of.
    01-03-12 07:23 AM
    Some apps need to stay opened ie, you don't want to accidentally close them: media players, radio streaming, cloud apps etc. Other apps will ask you to confirm you want to exit first.

I like it the way it is, not broken, don't fix it.
    01-03-12 08:32 AM
    A gesture like Playbooks 'swipe to exit' would be awesome!!!
    01-03-12 08:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD