Hey all, first time posting here, love the website! I have looked around and saw some similar posts to this one but none with the real answer i was looking for. I have a pretty bad case of Hyperhidrosis, which means my hands and feet sweat excessively, a good 2/3's of the day i am awake they will pretty much be puddles. I am a big texter/emailer, Ive tried touch screen phones but typing is just impossible, as soon as i lift a finger off it leaves sweat markings and then the phone thinks im hitting 10 different letters than the one im trying to hit. Ive tried several different "new" (2012 and up) touch screen phones and all had the same problem. Solutions like cases and screen protectors did nothing to solve the problem. So i made the switch to a BB 9900 with a physical keyboard, couldnt love it more. I can say exactly what i want to say and how i want to say it without wiping the screen and my hands down every 30 seconds. I have yet to notice any issues with the phone, however ive only had it for a short amount of time and have been actually thinking of upgrading to the Q10. Which brings me to my question, though i didnt notice any problems right away, can the prolonged use of really sweaty hands on keyboard cause some serious damage to it? Does the sweat seep through the keys into the circuitry? I just dont want to purchase the Q10 then have issues 4-5 months down the road because of my sweaty hands.

If anyone has information or experience with this i would love to hear, Thank you!
    04-29-13 01:38 PM
    I'm pretty sure swear can eat away at the keys over a certain period last time, but a physical keyboard can be replaced if it does get damaged.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 02:13 PM
    I think you should be fine with the keyboard but I am not sure about the gestures you will have to use. You could end up having to wipe down your hand every time you want to go into the hub. Keyboard short cuts could eliminate most of those issues though. Just make sure you spend quite a bit of time with one before you decide to buy one.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 02:22 PM
    You take a calculated risk with the sweaty hands syndrom... my wife has it.... any moisture in any keyboard unless designed to be water resistant is at risk.... has to replace my wife's 9800 as the keyboard went on the fritz... when I sent it in... BB thought hat the unit was dropped in water....
    04-29-13 05:05 PM
    I work with touchscreen point of sale systems. Certain types of touchscreens have a lot of issues with droplets of moisture on the screen. I would assume all phones would as well.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    04-29-13 10:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD