I have a work phone that is a curve 8310 that has a BIS plan. My personal phone is the 9000. I dont have a data plan with my personal phone.

I would like to swap the SIM card (AT&T) from the 8310 to the 9000, but question weather the BIS will still function on the 9000 the same way it does/did on the 8310?

Anyone have any tips, suggestions on swapping the BIS from one phone to the other and what, if any problems would be when i switched the BIS back to the 8310?

TIA...
    01-07-10 12:44 PM
    it will work however you will have to change your pin in the bis in order to get full functions on the 9000. You can do that by logging into this site

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular once logged in and pin is changed send your service books from the help section
    01-07-10 02:14 PM
    Thanks for the information. Now, if I decided to swap the BIS back to my 8310, would AT&T (provider for both the work BIS and my 9000 personal phone) know that I had used my 9000 (which I dont have a data plan) on a data plan BIS and then try and add a data plan to my personal account??
    01-07-10 04:23 PM
    ^^^
    if that all made sense. As of now, I dont have a data plan on my 9000 and am not being charged for one... BUT.. if I use my phone on a data plan /BIS account, then switch back, will my PIN / EMEI number (or whatever it's called) now prompt AT&T to start charging me for data? I guess Im just paranoid that with all the AT&T discussions about them suddenly adding a data plan because I have a 'smartphone' ..that they'll do this to me.. even though I've had my phone for over a year (before they instigated their new data plan policy)...
    01-08-10 02:38 PM
    MODS.. can you move this to the AT&T thread please?
    01-12-10 09:38 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you do a 'switch device' from Desktop Manager on your own, from home? Is it a BIS or BES? If its a BIS then you should be able to do it yourself, without going to any websites or involving the carriers. I could be wrong, but I think someone was inquiring about something similar last week, and the solution was to just do a 'device switch' through DM
    01-12-10 11:22 PM
    I dont have any problems switching the BIS from the 8310 to my 9000, that's simple to do via the BIS website portal, but my question has more to do with when i switch the BIS Back to my 8310 and what, if anything, AT&T would/could do regarding my account that currently does not have a data plan and if AT&T would somehow show that I'd used my 9000 with a data plan and begin charging me... that's what I'm really concerned with.

but to answer your question, i think you have to swap the PIN number on the BIS site in order to resend the service books...
    01-13-10 12:27 PM
    shouldn't be an issue as people swap sim cards all day long, just need to make sure that the phone you want the BIS on is activated first before you put your personal sim card in the other phone.
    01-13-10 12:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD