So right now im contemplating on trading my q10 for a z10. Both are lightly used in the same condition.

Ive been a diehard keyboard fan all my life. (last phone was the almighty 9700). However, ive been getting the itch to convert to a touchscreen phone. After using my friend's s4 I realize the potentail of a huge screen.

From what ive heard, BlackBerry 10 works just as great and the touch keyboard works wonders. So do you think I should swap devices? Keep in mind once I do, it'll be hard to find another person who is willing to swap with me.

Also, any other suggestions for touchscreen phones? I dont wany anything as big as the Samsung Note.

C001230C6 Suits tv show BBM Channel
    10-28-13 09:41 PM
    I am also a diehard keyboard fan. One reason I started using BlackBerry. After using a Z10 I don't miss the physical keyboard as much as I thought I would because the Z10 keyboard is awesome! Either way you won't really be happy because the Q10 and Z10 both have their special advantages. I know people who have the Z and Q devices and still can't decide which one they prefer. So just look at what you use your device for. I am happy with my Z10 because it really has a lot of great capabilities but also miss the physical keyboard. So it's a tough decision.. lol
    SK122387 likes this.
    10-28-13 10:06 PM
    Ironically, I switched over from the Z10 to a Q10 today!!!!! Oh, and I'm loving it!! For my needs and my taste the Q10 is Way way better.
    Swap My Q10 for a Z10?-img_00000342.jpg

Posted via CB10
    SK122387 and BroncoVAL like this.
    10-28-13 10:54 PM
    I wouldn't do it, personally. But it's up to you. I learned to live well with a virtual keyboard, but as long as a physical one is available on a recent device, I'll keep buying that option.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 11:02 PM
    I was playing around with my buddy's Z10 tonight, it's a great device no doubt. But I'm glad I have the Q10, it just feels smoother overall. If you watch movies or lots of youtube videos then go for the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 12:38 AM
    I'm a fan of the z10 over the q10 but really there's only 2 things you need to ask yourself, how bad do you need the bigger screen vs. How bad do you need the physical keyboard? Your answer will be right there

Posted via CB10
    flyingsolid likes this.
    10-29-13 12:46 AM
    I have both and definitely see the advantages to both. Whenever I am on one for too many days in a row, I start wanting to use the other. It's weird.

If you are really wanting a touchscreen keyboard, it gets no better than the Z10. It beats the iOS7 keyboard on my iPod touch, and every Android one of my friends' that I have used. I had my Z10 from March to June, when I got my Q10. I still have it now, but during that time I ONLY used my Z10. I had come from a 9900 and 9810, and after a few days, I was flying on that Z10 keyboard. Of course, it just can't 100% be as accurate as a real keyboard if you type as fast as some of us do, but it's so, so close.

I still use my Z10 a lot though, and often times just bring my Z10 around the house with me on wifi if my Q10 is charging, to use BBM on wifi. I have always thought the Z10 is a great phone, and it is just unfortunate that not many people out there gave it the chance the OS deserves.
    10-29-13 12:59 AM
    They each certainly have their pros & cons. The ultimate deciding factor, depends on you.
    Physical vs touch is really dependent on each users preference so no one really can answer that for you but the ZED definitely has the best touch screen keyboard and the Q definitely the best physical keyboard.
    You get better use from more screen real estate on the ZED (beautiful screen btw) but there are some very useful shortcuts on the Q's keyboard but at a cost of less screen real estate.
    Finally, I think battery power would be your last consideration. Although my Zed gets me through the day the Q's larger batter & less power hungry screen would last you a little longer if that's an issue for you.
    Good luck in choosing. You may find no matter what your decision, you may yearn for the other after awhile.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 11:58 AM
    I would say If you're going to switch do not switch to the Z10. Don't get me wrong I love my phone but the Z30 is where it's at and it's not much bigger than the Z10.

Plus with the 30 you don't lose out on the battery life you have with your current Q10, the Z10 cuts it significantly.

The keyboard also gets a bit more spacious so that would help with the transition as well.

Plus it's simply a more powerful phone by design.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 12:56 PM
    I have a white Z10 for Verizon and I would love to trade it for the physical keyboard. I will even compensate you with some cash on the side. Also, I have two cases for it, one of which is an Otterbox. Let me know if youre interested!!
    10-30-13 08:35 AM
    I have both and definitely see the advantages to both. Whenever I am on one for too many days in a row, I start wanting to use the other. It's weird.

If you are really wanting a touchscreen keyboard, it gets no better than the Z10. It beats the iOS7 keyboard on my iPod touch, and every Android one of my friends' that I have used. I had my Z10 from March to June, when I got my Q10. I still have it now, but during that time I ONLY used my Z10. I had come from a 9900 and 9810, and after a few days, I was flying on that Z10 keyboard. Of course, it just can't 100% be as accurate as a real keyboard if you type as fast as some of us do, but it's so, so close.

I still use my Z10 a lot though, and often times just bring my Z10 around the house with me on wifi if my Q10 is charging, to use BBM on wifi. I have always thought the Z10 is a great phone, and it is just unfortunate that not many people out there gave it the chance the OS deserves.
    I also have both, I prefer the screen on the Z, even the colors look better to me but you can't beat the Q for battery life. Every few days I change one for the other, so my suggestion is to get both.
    10-30-13 09:14 AM
    where are you located?
    I just posted a threat to switch my Z10 for a Q10... My Z10 is unlocked
    11-05-13 09:24 PM
    You should get the Z30 and u wont b dissappointed.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30.
    11-05-13 10:45 PM
    In my opinion no other virtual keyboard beats the Z10. It's amazing. so it's not much of a setback. Add to that the bigger screen and bigger app support. Why not?! Lol. Whatever you decide buddy you won't be unhappy.

"If you can't soar with the eagles then don't fly with the flock!" (BBM#18)
    11-06-13 12:15 AM
    I made the switch from q10 and z10. I'm satisfied with my choice. I sacrificed my love for the keyboard for the bigger screen and less battery life. Phone doesn't last as long as the Q10 (not even close) but virtual keyboard and bigger screen makes it worth it for me. To be honest, I wish I waited a bit and switched over to z30 instead. Kind of regretting it for not being patient and jumping on the z10.

My advice is to wait it out a bit with Q10 until z30 price drops and switch to that instead of z10.
    11-06-13 12:46 AM
    In my opinion, bb10 UI More fit better in large screen such as z10 and z30.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 05:04 AM